Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Dose struggle

Go down 
+3
MonicaS
nannamom
Blue Eyes
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

My Dose struggle - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 4:07 pm

I'm so proud of you Blue!
I know that you can stick with the 7mg this time around!
You can do it!
I would say good luck, but it's not like you need it! Because you can do it without luck!
You are a very strong woman! And have made it so far in your recovery!
Again, I am so proud of you!
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 6:53 am

Morning,

After 12 days at 7mg I dropped to 6 mg today.
Basically after chat last night and speaking to Rae (THANK YOU RAE)
I think I will feel even better at 6mg. Not that I don't feel good now. I'm just aiming
for "Even better" LOL. Like we discussed last night, if my drop (or anyone's drop in dose) doesnt feel right I can always go back to 7mg - no big deal.

You know what they say. With Suboxone, less is more.

I'll keep you all posted on how this goes.

Thanks for everything last night Rae. What an emotional chat that was ! But it was a good emotion. So thank you !!

Have a great Wednesday everyone. Because I SAID SO !!

Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 5:39 pm

My pleasure! I enjoyed it very much & I am glad I was there for you. It sounded like it was just what you needed & I am glad I had the knowledge to share with you. It was a precious conversation filled with feelings of love, I felt it here on my end. It warmed my heart.

I am so happy you are trying 6mg. I had mentioned before that I felt like I had more energy when I dropped down to 6mg. I hope you have the same effect. Keep us posted & let us know how it works out for you......

Today is a Happy Wednesday & I believe Thursday will be awesome!!!

Much Love

--Rae

P.S. I just remembered...I will take your suggestion Blue & use that quote as my signature..I'll do it right now Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013, 8:43 pm

I LOVE your signature !! Its so true , right?

Thank you for your kind words. I really think your doing great in your recovery. You've handled situations that were at first very difficult but now, you've moved past them. I'm proud of you for that !!!
and BTW I certainly felt the same feelings during chat. I guess we all still feel like little girls when we think of our moms. Appreciate yours even though it can be hard.

It's all good though !

Day one on 6mg was a good one !!

Peace,
Blue

Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013, 8:06 am

Thank You Blue! It's so funny how the universe works. I think we were meant to have that conversations about our moms because I am supposed to see her this Sunday. I hate to admit that I've been having a very difficult time with her. She does not know I was ever addicted to my pain meds & she doesn't know I am on suboxone. I can't tell her because not only is she judgemental, but she is negative & very mellow-dramatic. Not to mention she can't keep a secret so the entire family would find out & they have her characteristics as well. Now that I am a mother myself, I can't understand how she handled certain things. One issue in particular is when my sister was kidnapped right in front of me. I opened my mouth to scream, but I was frozen & nothing came out. It felt like the air was sucked out of my lungs. Fortunately, my sisiter screamed so loud (like Darryl Hanna in the movie splash) he dropped her & ran away. My mother never believed us & even grounded us for 2 weeks for not being in front of the church. She was 45 minutes late picking us up from CCD & we were trying to get to a shopping mall where there was light & people. He grabbed her on our way there. Now, my mother says she did call the police back then (she said that to my sister). Which is a complete lie because 2 years ago I told her that it really did happen & we were not making it up & she cried about how much of a terrible mother she was--making it about her. And my sisters & I still don't know the truth about my older sister having a different father...A LOT of family drama that I am sharing over the internet....oh well LOL. Anyway, I've been trying to work through these painful issues and I tend to feel anger & resentment towards her lately. I feel like I can't trust her.

But the bottom line here is that I DO LOVE HER. And I needed our conversation we had at chat to remind me that I will miss her when she goes. So I will enjoy her the best I can. I told her the other day that she is my mommy & I love her no matter what. I will hold onto those feelings of love & show her when I see her. So THANK YOU....I have been humbled (again) Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013, 9:52 pm

Great job Blue! I am so proud of you!!
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri 01 Feb 2013, 9:25 am

Hey Blue.....it's been a couple of days & I was wondering how you are holding up at 6mg? Do you feel alright?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri 01 Feb 2013, 5:52 pm

I talked to You last night at Chat Blue, so you told me how you were doing at 6mg last night. But things change every day. So I too ask the same question as Rae, how are to feeling at 6mg today?
Did I tell you that I am proud of you?
I'm proud of you too Rae!

Anyways. I'd like to ask if you needed to take an extra half mg today or were you okay without it? Smile I hope you're okay without it. If not, no big deal! You can just go back up to where you're comfortable.

I've missed you guys since I've been gone! Sad I wish I was around more, but I guess what matters is that I'm here now!

Love ya both!
I love you
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri 01 Feb 2013, 7:10 pm

Thank you for checking up on me !
I am doing good !
This is the 3rd day and I feel pretty good.
I told Jaz in chat last night that I felt a little crappy yesterday afternoon and took about 1/2 mg (seriously it was a small piece)

I remember this happening before when I dropped my dose. So I was cool with it. Today I took my 6mg and didn't need anything extra
YEA ME !!

So I think once I get through the weekend, I'll be good to go on 6mg !

Thanks ladies, you all ROCK !!!!

Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri 01 Feb 2013, 7:15 pm

Great! Hey if you needed a little piece more yesterday, so be it. I hope you can get more comfortable at 6mg through the weekend. I know you can do it. You are a very strong woman!!!

Enjoy your weekend!

(((HUGS)))

-Rae
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptySat 02 Feb 2013, 2:15 pm

So what if you needed a little extra piece! Who cares I think you're doing great!

I'm so happy you're doing so well!
I am so proud of you Ellen!!

Love ya both! I love you

Have a blessed day!!
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptySat 02 Feb 2013, 2:30 pm

Hello !

I am still doing great on 6mg. I am splitting my dose - 4mg in the morning (5:45am) and then 2mg before lunch (usually late morning-10:30-11:00) today, however I FORGOT my second dose untill just now. About 3 hours after I usually dose.

I think that's progress ladies !!! Laughing

Have a great day !

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptySat 02 Feb 2013, 2:41 pm

It is progress Blue! I am so proud of you!!!!! I love you

You are doing great! I don't think you're doing a thing wrong and you are doing everything your way! The only way that is right for you! You are listening to your body and don't do a damn thing different!

Again, I am so proud of you!!!

I hope you are having a great weekend! And are enjoying your time off!

Love ya! I love you
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyWed 06 Mar 2013, 6:55 am

I just wanted to document that I am on 5mg since last Wednesday (Feb 27)

I feel fine. No withdrawals or anything.

I was hoping to feel more energy but i'm really not. I don't think i'll stay at 5 for long since
it's just a pain to cut up.

I'll keep you all posted !!!

BTW, chat last night was great ! So nice to see new faces too !!

Hugs,
Blue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyThu 07 Mar 2013, 5:29 pm

I'm so proud of you Blue!
To think you were on such a high dose when you started this thread!
You've come such a long way!

You're gonna do great at 4 mg!

You're just gonna do great!

Love ya!

I love you Jazz
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013, 6:53 am

I just want to document. I've been at 5mg for a little over 2 weeks.
My only complaint is that I'm so tired in the afternoon.
Other than that, it's fine.
SO.....that being said, I think this weekend, I'm going to go ahead and try 4mg and see if it
give me more energy.

My workouts are going great. I am working out most days. So I am feeling really good about that.

I hope everyone has a great Friday ! Positive thinking !! Positive energy !!!

Love you all xoxo

BLUE I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri 15 Mar 2013, 6:30 pm

You're doing great Chickie!!
I am so proud of you!!
You're gonna do great at 4mg!
Hopefully you'll get the energy that you are looking for!
I am thinking about lowering my dose again by 1mg too, but I've got so much going on I think I am gonna wait. What do you think?

I am having an okay Friday.

Trying to stay positive! And stay strong!!

Love you!! I love you

Much love.

I love you Jazz
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptySat 16 Mar 2013, 7:32 pm

You go Blue!!! As I mentioned in my message to you, I think I will try dropping to 4mg tomorrow. I'm happy to hear you are working out! That is such a great way to pump yourself full of natural endorphines. Not only is it a great stress reliever, but it can help keep you happy & positive! Hence those aerobic instructors that are so happy you wanna smack one LOL!!! Just kidding Smile

YOU GO GIRL!!!

LOVE & HUGS,

-Rae
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Mar 2013, 12:06 pm

Go Blue!!

Jasmine, you have gone through a lot lately and have such a full plate right now. If you don't feel the time is right to lower another mg then stay where you are until you get some of these things taken care of. There is no need to rush and you will get there. You have come a long ways, take each step as it comes.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptySun 17 Mar 2013, 12:40 pm

Dee thank you so much for this post.

I do have a lot on my plate huh. I have officially decided to stay where I'm at and not lower my dose until I Getty past these obstacles in my life. I have come a, long way. Thank you for telling me that. It makes me feel good to know that people can see how far I've come.

Thank you all for being here for me, not just inn my time of need, but when I just want to chat out even when I need advice you all try your hardest and give'd the best advice.

Hope you have a great day

Much love. I love you

I love you Jazz
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyWed 20 Mar 2013, 8:00 pm

Day FIVE On 4mg and I feel GREAT !!

Thank you ALL for the encouraging words They really help to inspire me !
As our forum is called, I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel !!

I did not have any withdrawal feeling this morning.
I have been splitting my dose up since....actually that's the whole reason I started this
thread, because of my dose struggle !!! LOL
So, yesterday I FORGOT to take my 2nd dose. Good sign. Real good sign.
Well, I should say, I forgot for over an hour. Then I remembered !
My 2nd dose was put off over an hour. Which, Dee, you had suggested I do that and see
if I was as tired.

Have a great night!!

Blue
Back to top Go down
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female
Number of posts : 60
Humor : If I were wrong, Dont you think I would know it?-Sheldon Cooper
Registration date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013, 12:56 am

I think this spring I will start walking with one of the dogs or something to get some excercise and lose some weight myself. I am at around 10mg a day. I think its closer to 9mg because I cant figure up those films when you go to folding and folding lol. Doc told me when I had my little mishap back in November, that basically reset my brain.I couldnt afford my medication or the visit that month, so I took 60 bucks and went to my PCP doctor and he wrote me Trams and Kloninpin. The Klonipin's, I didnt abuse, but the Trams I did. I was taking about four a day, sometimes five. So, anyways I had to reset all that previous therapy but ya know I did go from like almost 24mg to about 9-10mg a day. So that did help me out somewhat.
Hubby thinks that if I try to come off again, that maybe it will knock the dose down another 4mg but I dont want to be sick for another two weeks.
I have thought about working out, but the closest gym to us is about 30 miles. How long have yall been on Sub?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/april.southerland34
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyThu 21 Mar 2013, 7:47 pm

I have been on suboxone for a little over a year.
I started at 16mg and now I'm at 4mg !

I feel great ! I'm not as tired as I had been. I have energy. I feel good.
I feel clear, alert.

4mg is good so far !

Thanks
Blue
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013, 7:06 am

I've been on sub since Nov. 2012. I started out at 8 mg for a 180mg a day oxycodone addiction. I am down to 4 mg as well. I had a bit of trouble the first couple of days dropping from 5 mg to 4 mg. But I decided to do what Dee said. I just listened to my body. I was OK @ 4 mg the first day, but I woke up feeling withdrawals. I took 4 mg & went on about my day. By 5pm I needed to take that other 1mg. But that was about 3 or 4 days ago & I've been on 4 mg a day since & I feel fine!!! YAY!! I too feel like I have more energy. It's so interesting how the human body works!

Congratulations Blue!!! So proud of you!
Have a Happy Friday!!

Love & Hugs,

-Rae
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013, 7:23 am

I have found that around the 3rd day after a drop (around the half-life mark) I felt like you did Rae, and I did what you did,, took a little extra that day.
I soon found out I only had to do it that one day, and I adjusted fine.

Thank you for all the encouraging words !

Rae, I HAVE to talk to about the book I bought. I think I wrote about it in your Law of Attraction thread.

Good things are happening !!

Hugs,
Blue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Dose struggle
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next