Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2and dose made me sick

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ghost

2and dose made me sick Empty
PostSubject: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 7:48 pm

first day on Suboxone took 8mg made me feel fine no problem 2and day took another 8mg spent the rest day sick with the worst headacke woozy and throwing up so i didnt take it today i feel allright a litle hung over kinda slighty woozy i have a high tolerance to opieates but feel like i may be sensitive to the Suboxone for some reason. my doctor wont be in till monday can u break a pill in hafe im thinking 4mg a day so the most i can have in my system is 8mg cause ive read that Suboxone can last up to 72 hours so a daily dose of 8mg would most likly really be about 16 mg in your blood stream after the second day and since the 8mg worked well for me i would want no more then 8mg max in my system at once any body have any advice when i was on methdone i took 100mg no problem i hope i can find a dose or way to dose that works any help or advice would be great
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 9:09 pm

Hello Ghost my name is Dee, I am one of the moderators of The Light At The End Of The Tunnel.
How did your doctor tell you to take your Suboxone? I am by no means a doctor, but I will tell you what my experience has been with Suboxone as a Suboxone patient and what I have learned about it by researching and reading on the Suboxone Assisted Treatment website.
When you took your first dose of Suboxone how long had it been after your last dose of an opiate? Did your doctor give you Suboxone or Subutex for your first dose?
If your Suboxone is giving you a headache it is possible that it is caused from the opiate blocker Naloxone. That is a common side effect and should go away with time as your body settles in on your dose.
There is no reason why you can't cut your Suboxone in half and take 4mg., if you feel the full 8mg dose is too much for you at one time.

Many people split their dose throughout the day. I would go ahead and try the 4mg and see how you feel. If you start to have any withdrawal symptoms then I would try another 4mg.
When are you scheduled to see your doctor again? You mentioned that he will be in his office on Monday morning, I would give him a call then. If you feel that you cannot wait until Monday morning, please call his office phone number and see if he has someone to take calls for him.
If you need us we are here for you. Usually there is someone here off and on through the day.
If you need to speak to someone we do have a phone number that you can call. The number is answered 24 hours a day,7 days a week. If you cannot afford to call us, send us an email and we will call you at our expense.
(770)428-0871 (office )
(770)527-9119 (Cell)

The makers of Suboxone Reckitt Benckiser also have a toll free nurse phone line that you can call. The nurses are available Monday-Friday 9a.m.-6:45p.m.* They are closed on weekends and holidays.
Their phone number is:(877)-782-6966

Please remember that you are not alone. We are here for you and will do what we can to help you through this. Once you get through the initial Stabilization phase and you are settled in on the dose that is right for you I am sure you will see why do many people say S
uboxone has made such a difference in their lives.
Please go to:
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org/43.html
And read what it has to say about the first stages of your treatment. I believe that the more you educate yourself on the subject of suboxone the better you will feel about what your body is going through.
Please feel free to join the forum. You can register here;
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org/39.html
Hang in there. You have taken the first step on the road to a better life in recovery.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee

Last edited by nannamom on Fri 15 May 2009, 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add Content)
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
ghost313

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 10:16 pm

to answer your questions dee

When you took your first dose of Suboxone how long had it been after your last dose of an opiate? kicked d;s for 5 days took suboxone on day 6 the first 24hrs on 8mgs were very good

Did your doctor give you Suboxone or Subutex for your first dose? suboxone 8mg with option of taking another 8mg a day if needed wrote me 60 8mg

thanks for all the help gonna call the doc on mon. its working im not craving or dope sic and it takes a long time for me to truly kic most of the time like so many i just get tired of feeling like shit and go get high
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptyFri 15 May 2009, 11:50 pm

Hello Ghost,

I'm Barbara, the other moderator. Dee has given you the tools you will need on your jouney to a new you. You are in for the ride of your life and it is your life we are taking about. I promise you if you will stick this one out, you will find the most satisfying results. You sound young and it makes my heart sing when I know a young person is making it. I'm older and didn't do anything about my addiction untill my body and mind was at it's end. Even though I did this, I am well onto my road to recovery. When I got tired of the nagging ache in an empty place inside and I went and got high, I still felt this dread on the back roads of my mind that I was once again on this tread mill of pill seeking, pill popping and pill shortages. I realized I could no longer lie to myself to say I could handle it. The the voice I listen to would be laughing...ha ha ha, what are you going to do? It was a proven fact I was in big trouble. When I turn to Suboxone, I gave it all I had. My clay was soft and was ready to be molded into something I shaped in darkness at first. After a while I could see some light. I looked around on the internet for help. I found Dean and Deborah and this place. I would like to give back what was so freely given to me.

I hope you keep trying and know it's a worthwhile chioce. I hope you stay around even if it's just to get you started and on solid ground.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptySat 16 May 2009, 7:07 pm

Hi Ghost,
Hang in there. I know exactly what you are talking about. I did the same thing so many times. I would decided that I was going to stop, but the withdrawals would get so bad that I couldn't. Sometimes I would make it one week before I would give in. Then I would start to think about my friends and what they were doing and how they were feeling and I would go meet up with them, one I did that the circle wold start up all over again.
But that was then and this is now. I am so happy that you have decided to give the Suboxone a chance. As I said in my last post to you, as soon as your able to settle in on your dose you will feel so much better and can continue to get on with your recovery.
I am also glad that you are feeling better. Anytime that you have a question please let us know. That is what we are here for.
I really do hope that you will decide to join us on a regular basis throughout your recovery. Registration is simple it only takes a couple of minutes.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
ghost

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptySun 17 May 2009, 9:41 am

thanks for all the support i gonna melt 10mg this morning and try a smaller dose been reading that there is a 1% chance of hypersensitivity to the naloxone hydrochloride but theres much debate on that whole thing a few people have had to take the SUBUTEX to feel better
but there is a chance of that (sensitivity to NALOXONE) how ever small. that may be the problem and taking smaller doses at one time could solve this issue im feeling a bit skectee to day so cant wiat till i talk to doc. on mon ive allso read you should spit and not swallow any of the eccess med. as this to can make you sick i dont know if anybody else has had this problem ? theres alot of conflicking stories out there i geuss you just gotta go with what works for you. anyway thanks agian

Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptySun 17 May 2009, 2:13 pm

Hello friend AKA "Ghost"-
My name is Beth & I've been on Suboxone for just a bit over a year. May 5th was one year for me & I never thought that I could make it a week, much less hang in there for over a year. I promise you that if your able to get through these initial side effects that you will also come to believe that Suboxone is a miracle drug as well. I remember when I first started taking it. I was also throwing up & had the horrible headaches. The vomiting went away pretty quickly, but the headaches took a few months to let up. (Tylenol or Motrin helped, not much, but enough to make me want to continue with the Suboxone) I rarely deal with these headaches anymore at all. Just normal "life stressors" that everyone deals with. I've not had withdrawl feelings in so long that I couldn't even mention how long that they have been gone. Once in a great while, I still deal with cravings. Yet, the longer I've just "gotten" through them & recognized more & more of my triggers, the fewer & further between they have become for me. Not even close to saying that has been easy for me.. I've had to cut people out of my life that I really care for & love, but are not positive for my recovery. One of the main people that I had to stop spending time with is/was my very best friend & I still miss her deeply. It still makes me sad from time to time, especially recently, but I know in my heart what choice I have to make. I have to be responsible for my own recovery & the people that I choose to associate with these days. Ex: at my job, many of my co-workers would be making plans for what bar they'd all be going to that night (2nd shift job) & I was invited along many times, but had to decline due to my situation. They probably all thought I was just a snob, but going to get drunk with these young, invincible acquaintances was ceretainly NOT in my best interest. Twisted Evil As well as choosing to leave my job as a bartender (manager) of a really happening bar this past year, where I was making incredible money, but I also have a family & I am an addict. I was really screwing up! (to put it mildly) My hubby & 3 kids cannot live in a household that I am to be running, if I am using. He hated to have to say it to me, but I respect him very much for demanding it. (if I wanted to stay) It was almost like living a double life. Housewife to Bartender. Two very seperate lifestyles.. The equation just couldn't be solved.. I really continue to try to learn from my mistakes & what I'm unable to figure out is why it had to take up so much of my life (consequences, more than years, mainly, but still 16 wasted years) before I could learn long ago that this equation was unsolvable! My mind has the ability of tricking me... Suspect Somehow, someway- I actually had tricked myself! I probably sound insane, actually, I may just be!! Shocked haha
Anyways, as you've most likely already figured out, I am a rambler. Idea Once I get going, it usually just keeps on a coming. I really just wanted to welcome you & let you know to try to hang on. Many of the side effects really do go away.. About spitting any out, I simply put it under my tongue & any that leaks out, I just swallow. I don't know if that's the "proper" way of doing it, but I don't get sick from just that little bit of naloxone that gets injested. Again, though, I'm only giving you my own opinion. I am not sure that is the correct way of doing it. I hope you find a way that starts working for you, as your days will get better & brighter along the way! I will keep you in my thoughts (the ghost) Suspect and sending strength & hugs your way! Hope your day is going as well as possible for you!
Yours in the Everyday Fight for Recovery,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptySun 17 May 2009, 4:43 pm

HI ghost,
I like Beth, do swallow that tiny bit of medication that seems to leak out from under my tongue. It's never a big amount and I don't get sick from it.
Please let us know how you feel from your dose today. I am proud of you for sticking it out.
Remember, your recovery is only as good as you make it.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
ghost

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptyMon 18 May 2009, 7:05 pm

Took 2 mgs sun morning and just melted 4mg now, at 6pm Mon the 2mgs didn't really hold me through the day today so I used to 4mg. If that don't hold me then I will do 4mgs when I think I need it Tuesday. I've been careful not to swallow any and I'm not getting sick on the lower doses, so for me I might just have to dose more often till I get used to the medication.
Anyway I've been banging dope on and off for 20 years. And have also caused a lot of problems for my family I have a 5 year old son I'm not giving up I did well on methadone but don't want to go that route again not to mention kicking methadone is a mother f***er to say the least. Again, thanks for the support its good to know there's still some good people left out there.

Last edited by nannamom on Tue 19 May 2009, 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correct spelling, abbreviations)
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptyTue 19 May 2009, 8:46 pm

Hello Ghost,
This is Dee.
As Moderator of the forum I feel that I must ask you to refrain from swearing on the forum. We have many people viewing the forum and swearing is offensive to many people myself included.
I would have liked to have sent you a private message about your post, as I did not want to cause you any embarrassment. But you have not yet registered to become a member of the forum yet.
If you would like to continue posting, please register. We would love to have you join us.
You can register by clicking on this link: https://suboxone.forumotion.com/forum.htm registration only takes a minute.
Your recovery is important to us. The rules of the forum can be found under Moderator announcements, The Forums' General Rules. https://suboxone.forumotion.com/moderator-announcements-f10/the-forum-s-general-rules-t195.htm

Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptyWed 20 May 2009, 11:21 am

Hi Ghost Suspect
How are things going for you today? I was wondering how your doing with your Suboxone & the side effects that you were struggling through. Is it getting any easier for you as you've been taking them longer? I hope that each day that passes, heck, every hour that passes, that your feeling better & more optimistic. Please keep us up to date on your progress & how your feeling on the inside too! For me, I know that it helps me immensely to "vent" & write out my feelings here to help take some of the load off of my shoulders. It's almost like a journal that responds with good advice or suggestions. Or maybe something that you write on here could help another- maybe that's just what they needed to hear at that moment. There's a saying that I will most likely butcher up, but something like, "you can only keep it if you give it away!" (something like that..) Question
Anyways, just wanted to check in with you & I really hope your day is going well!
Talk to you soon!
Yours in the Struggle,
Love Your Friend,
Beth I love you
Like a Star @ heaven I wanted to mention to you that I seem to have the mouth of a career sailor. (just another bad habit that I'm working on!) Not so lady like I know, but I understand that it does offend others & have been warned myself for my use of profanity on the forum. I just don't want you to take these rules personally. I can certainly refrain (sometimes I have to even go back & check myself), but I love it here so much that I don't mind following the rules, as well as to not offend any of my buddies here. As a moderator, Dee has an obligation to let members know. I will tell you that she was extremely well written & polite in her post to you regarding this issue, as it is not personal or directed only at you. I only am mentioning all of this to you because I felt extremely offended & took it quite personally, regarding the "blunt" post that I received about the topic. I don't want you to feel that way, but I think that Dee's post was very polite & professional about it all. I hope that you'll continue to post & become a member. As a member, we are able to have PMs (Private Messages) with each other. I hope that you'll really consider this. There are some great people here & I've made some very close friends. Actually, even my best friends! I hope you will stick around to get to know us. I love you
Back to top Go down
ghost

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptyMon 25 May 2009, 7:57 pm

Sorry about the cussing I will try not to do it any more I am happy to report that I am doing fine up to 8mgs a day and feel really good no headaches nothing the suboxone is working well for me and I feel like i'm gonna do fine with it.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptyMon 25 May 2009, 9:30 pm

2and dose made me sick Wtiger10
Hi Ghost,
That is good news. I am happy to hear that you are doing well.
When I didn't see you here in awhile I thought you had left us. I am glad that you are still here.
Keep posting. You wouldn't believe how many people you can by sharing your experience.
You can be proud of yourself for sticking it out.
In the beginning it isn't always easy, sometimes it's easier to give up and go back to what we know.
But you hung in there. Congratulations!
Yours ,
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick EmptyTue 26 May 2009, 11:05 am

Hi Ghost, Suspect
I hope that you had a lovely Memorial Day weekend!! sunny
I'm very glad to hear that your doing well with it (the Suboxone) & the side effects are letting up for you. You needed this well deserved positivity to start spreading throughout you again. The better you feel, the more strength & desire within you starts growing (in leaps & bounds) to get you back onto that road that you lost your smile on so very long ago.. Your on your way back!!!! I'm sincerely happy for you. Whenever you need a buddy, please continue posting. We have some very amazing people here. I was so happy to see that you'd responded, as I hadn't heard much from you & was very relieved that you have all good news about your meds. It's definately not easy, especially alone, to make it through our daily struggles sometimes. That's why this place is such a blessing to my life & recovery! There are many special souls with love to spread & helpful suggestions on my bad days. There is nothing that you can put out there that someone here cannot relate to & at the very least, they can let you know how they'd resolved that particular situation themselves. We'd love that kind of feedback from you as well. Also, if you please, I know that I enjoy coming here to share my positivity as well. You cannot know how your certain words will "touch" someone else in need that day. There have been countless times that these angels I've come across on this forum that have "picked me up" & helped me to shake off that hopeless, depressed feeling that'd been all consuming at the time. I'm sure that there will be many more incidents as well. I also hope that my words may be read by just the person who needed some light in their day! We're all here for you & I sure was happy that I'd seen your post, as I hadn't heard much regarding how you were doing. Thanks for getting back to let us know & I hope that you'll continue to correspond with us here throughout your recovery. It's such a blessing for others who are struggling to be able to read that they are not alone in this battle & to see or feel your hope being passed along may give them the cajones to join in as well. I would've never believed that an internet site like this even existed, much less that it'd become my lifeline. Yet, here I am. Here I am! HERE I AM!! My life finally feels worth fighting for again. I'd nearly given up every bit of hope left inside of me. And just to let you know, many special members here have helped me get to this point & I don't plan on stopping, now that we've gotten the ball rolling. Once again, I have a future and hope and I am regaining all those dreams that I'd lost along the way. (as well as that smile that I was referring to earlier) Wink I thought that it was gone for good! Evil or Very Mad It wasn't gone, just lost beneath the layers of hurt that my addiction had created for me. Like an onion, you start pulling off the outer layers (which is often painful to relive, especially without my usual "crutch"), but as I continue to let this hurt out, well, then it's out! It's not nearly such a load on my heart & shoulders! I no longer feel so alone with the burdens of my past. I still deal with forgiveness issues, as I'm "working through this" by talking about it. Everyone has the right to be forgiven, as God sacrificed his only Son for our sins. I have been able to forgive myself for certain things that I've done or haven't done, due to the addiction. Yet, I still hold much anger towards others who had their part in this as well. I'm not blaming anyone for MY addiction. Yet, I had a dentist that I worked for close to eleven years (as well as being my softball coach throughout my teenaged years) who used my habit (then addiction!) as a carrot to dangle in front of me for his own selfish reasons. I will always take my blame in any situation, but I didn't even realize what I ws getting into with this whole ordeal. I am 33 years old, with a total of only three & a half years of not using since I'd been taking them from him (he'd been giving them to me) since I've been sixteen years old. He didn't hold me down & force them down my throat- it was MY DOING! (guilt, forgiveness?) I just don't know how to do it yet. There is an entire chapter that I could write about this situation that I was in, but it would take years to go into every detail that occurred due to my relationship with this dentist. Evil or Very Mad I have written out the majority of my story on here quite a while back, but I didn't post it to the correct location. (Suboxone Stories) I think that it has disappeared into the great abyss of ComputerLand. I may try again someday... but you sort of got an extremely vague idea about my past. Rolling Eyes If you haven't noticed it yet, I'm sure that you'll figure out that I am a rambler. Once I get writing & actually have a bit of time to sit down to get it out, it just keeps on a coming. I love to write. I often describe this site to others as a journal that responds & can at times, offer solutions! It's just even good for me to write it, then read it back myself. It helps to offer up new fresh perspectives for me to go about my day with. Thoughts to ponder... Idea
Well, Ghost friend, I am going to close this up for now so that I can continue to go read the other new posts while I can. I really look forward to hearing back from you & again, I'm so glad for the positive update on your progress. I love you Please continue to let me hear how you are doing... Exclamation
Sending hugs & strength (and smiles!) your way!
Love your friend in recovery,
Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2and dose made me sick   2and dose made me sick Empty

Back to top Go down

2and dose made me sick
Page 1 of 1