Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suboxone has been making me sick

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marley82

Suboxone has been making me sick Empty
PostSubject: Suboxone has been making me sick   Suboxone has been making me sick EmptyWed 08 Jul 2009, 11:11 pm

Hi All. I am new to this forum and need some help. I have been on suboxone 24 mg for a month now and have had bouts of sickness on and off since I started. This last round of sickness has lasted over a week. I vomit everyday at least twice and cannot eat. I am constipated even though I take a laxative daily. My dr. switched me to subutex today however, I am terrified to continue with this medication. I cannot seem to get a straight answer from anyone including my dr. so any help would be appreciated. Is it the narcan that is making me sick or is it the drug all together? I am beginning to worry that I will not feel well ever again! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Suboxone has been making me sick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suboxone has been making me sick   Suboxone has been making me sick EmptyThu 09 Jul 2009, 12:17 am

Hi Marley,
I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Suboxone. Have you been taking 24 mg. the whole time that you have been on suboxone?
There are some people that are sensitive to the Naloxone in Suboxone. Usually they have headaches though.
It could be that you are on too high of a dose. Have you tried lowering your dose a little bit and see how you do?
With Suboxone "less is more." What I mean is that it usually takes less of this medication that other medications, to do what it is supposed to do. Are you having any cravings or withdrawals? For the constipation, I know it can be a big pain. But it is a normal side effect. I also have the same problem. Remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day, add some fiber to your diet, and walking will also help to move things around.

If a patient is truly sensitive to Naloxone the doctor will usually switch them over to Subutex just as your doctor did.
If you are going to be taking Subutex instead of Suboxone. Please be careful.
Suboxone has a ceiling dose of 32mg. What that means is if you take more than 32 mg. You will not benefit from it any more than if you take 32mg.
But with Subutex, there is no ceiling effect. Also, Subutex can be abused. if your nausea continues please speak to your doctor about maybe lowering your dose a little bit and see how you feel. You can also call the nurse phone line for Suboxone and talk to one of the nurses there
They are available Monday-Friday 9a.m.-6:45p.m. (877)782-6966
They are closed on weekends and holidays.
Please hang in there Marley, I know that sometimes it can get rough in the beginning of recovery, but it will get better. You have come this far, too far to stop and turn back. You can do this. You can make it.
I know it's late, so please check in tomorrow and let us know how you are doing.
We do care about you Marley.
Yours in recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Suboxone has been making me sick
Page 1 of 1