Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

6/20/2011 ~ Making Mistakes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

6/20/2011 ~  Making Mistakes Empty
PostSubject: 6/20/2011 ~ Making Mistakes    6/20/2011 ~  Making Mistakes EmptyMon 20 Jun 2011, 10:14 am

6/20/2011 ~  Making Mistakes Th_mot11

June 19

Making Mistakes

I am human. I make mistakes. Sometimes when I make a mistake, I catastrophize it and soon I feel myself to be a really bad person. Once this gets going, I worry that others will see me as bad. I fear that they see me in the way that I am seeing me. The self-condemnation is now complete, and I have successfully worked myself into a hole. My sense of failure keeps me going back and forth between shame and blame. I have trouble breaking free and letting go of my negative self-image. But mistakes are only meant for me to learn from. If I have hurt someone, I need to make amends and let go. If I have made an error, I need to correct it, at least in myself, and move on. If I can't correct it, I can learn from it, enrich my spirit and release it.

I am allowed to make mistakes.

For the wonderful things about saints is that they were human. They lost their tempers, got angry, scolded God, were egotistical, testy or impatient in their turns, made mistakes and regretted them. Still they went doggedly blundering on toward heaven.
~Phyllis McGinley

Today's Thought of the Day came from:
Daily Meditation from "IntheRooms"

Last edited by nannamom on Sun 24 Jul 2011, 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : date added)
Back to top Go down

6/20/2011 ~ Making Mistakes
Page 1 of 1