Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Dose struggle

Go down 
+3
MonicaS
nannamom
Blue Eyes
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

My Dose struggle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 12:35 am

Monica when you said "flip in the air on the trampoline" I immediately pictured you doing that in my head. You did great!
I am happy for you and so very proud.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 7:16 am

I am so FREAKIN LUCKY to have the support I do !!!

Love you guys !!!

I love that phrase, a CLEAN SCREEN !!!!
Back to top Go down
loveandlight

loveandlight

Female
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2012-05-23

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 10:09 am

Hi girls...been a few weeks but this post popped up on my inbox so I figured I'd jump in and say hi. I am totally fine and doing well. hope you all are too. Blue, good for you....I'm trying a drop too and here is my issue: I dropped town to 12mg (1 1/2 pills). take it only in the morning. For 3 or 4 days it works fine then on the 4th day I begin to feel sketchy in the afternoon...nothing serious, but also nothing I want to be dealing with right now either Smile So on the 4th day I take a 1/4 pill in the afternnon. and then go back to 12 mg only in the morning for the following few days. I'm on my second 4 day cycle of that so I am hoping that my body will start adjusting to the drop and I can stop the afternoon dose on day 4. I am in no rush to get off suboxone. At all. Life is normal, I don't even think about it. However, my goal is to get to 8 mg and then eventually 4 mg. Once I hit 4mg. I'm going to live with that for a while. No reason to stop something that is working

Everything else here is good. We are busy, so I've been working more than I'd like but that's ok. It keeps me busy. My daughter is leaving Friday for college. I'm so happy for her, but I am going to really miss her. We are so close. It's going to be hard to see her go! Thank God I still have my boy for 2 more years. Much love to everyone. I send distance healing to you all in a prayer everyday! Jeanie

PS, another actor from celebrity rehab died over the weekend... Nice job Dr. Drew. Keep knocking Suboxone and telling people it doesn't work in recovery....idiot.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 2:17 pm

loveandlight, good to see you
It may be the reason you are feeling badly on the 4th day after your drop is due to the long half life of Suboxone.
If you don't have to drop, stay where you are comfortable. You really haven't been taking it that long.
Just a couple of weeks ago you were at 16mg and before that 12mg. Try and stay at a steady dose to allow yourself to work your recovery.
I am glad to hear that you are getting out and keeping yourself busy.
It would be great to see you at chat. We do miss you.
Take care, we are always here for you,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyMon 20 Aug 2012, 6:02 pm

Hey Jeanie

It's so good to hear from you !
I thought of you since my son is getting ready for college too this week.
He starts Monday, but he's staying home.

I LOVE what you said about Dr Drew. He's such a jerk.Keep letting people die on his watch.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2012, 6:49 pm

Just wanted to update my thread here regarding my dose amount.

One week ago, I dropped to 11mg and have stayed there successfully!!
I listened to my Doctor by only dropping 1mg at a time and it worked !
Yea, surprise, surprise, right?
Im very happy about this.

Things around our little forum have been so slow. Crying or Very sad
Not just slow, we came to a screeching halt.
It's sad and I don't like it. We had a great bunch of people just a few months ago and now, well, no one is posting.

I would love to know how everyone is doing.

I'm sorry for the rant. I had a shitty week at work and I miss my peeps here Crying or Very sad

We moved our chat night, and I don't even know if anyone knows although Dee posted it.

Sigh Question
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyFri 21 Sep 2012, 8:06 pm

Hey Blue,
Still busy as usual. Congrats on the dose decrease. That's about what I was dropping and it worked well. I just came down again, but I think where everything has gotten so stressful and busy at home lately, I'm going to have to slow down my taper. I was planning on being done by the middle of October, but I'd rather stay at 3mg than relapse. I'm so sorry that I've not had time to post lately, but with the kids, groups and recovery month activities I don't have time to turn around. As usual, I feel like I'm doing more than my share with NA here, but someone has to do it. My sponsor has had a couple of deaths in her family so unfortunately I'm the only one left to take responsibility. Around here everyone likes to complain, but no one likes to do anything to make things better. C'est la vie.

I miss all of you all. My last recovery month activity is this week and then I have 3 weeks of basketball left. Hopefully after that everything will calm down for a while and I can be back here more regularly. Until then, you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

And love and light I just scrolled up and saw your post. Blue is right it is better to taper slowly unless there is some reason you are having to taper quickly. One thing I've done to help me when I decrease my dose, as I split my dose into 2 when I'm decreasing, is that I take a baby aspirin in the afternoon when I'm ready to drop the real dose. I'm not sure if the taste tricks my body or what, but it does help on those sketchy days like you are talking about. I too have had the 4 day thing happen and I think that the long half life has a lot to do with it.

Much love my friends,
Monica

Last edited by MonicaS on Fri 21 Sep 2012, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : scrolled up and saw a post I hadn't read)
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Sep 2012, 10:54 am

Hey Monica,

I can relate to slowing your taper down due to any stress. Here I am posting
how I decreased my dose,and last night I ended up taking an extra 2mg.
Why ? Because I was STRESSED after WORK!!!
But, when I really think about why I took extra? It was because I had it on me.

Now, tell me, who else does this? I carry with me, usually a weeks worth of
Subs. Basically because I take my dose in the car on the way to work each morning.
And I will be honest. I get that uncomfortable feeling if I dont have it with me.
I realize this is something I have to work on.

I even had a scare last week where I thought I lost my pill bottle while at the mall.
It ended up slipping into the lining of my bag (it had a tear in it).

Any thoughts ? Or tips ?

Last edited by Blue Eyes on Sat 22 Sep 2012, 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Sep 2012, 3:32 pm

Hey Blue
I used to carry my medication or at least a couple of tablets with me at all times just in case. Just in case what? I didn't need it, not really. Not if I want to be honest with myself.
When I was carrying it I found that I would take it.
I don't miss it now not carrying it and I know this way I am not over taking it. The addict in me would rationalize my thoughts it could have easily become a habit of taking it.

I keep mine in a lock box. When I was on Methadone and going to the clinic we were required to have a lock box anytime we had take homes so it comes in handy now.
When I get home from the pharmacy my prescription bottle goes right into the box. I take out my dose every morning and lock it back up. Out of sight out of mind I guess. You can pick up a lock box just about anywhere. I got mine from Walmart but staples has some great ones as well.

I wonder if it is possible the feeling you get of being uncomfortable might come from a time of being afraid you would run out of medication and if you keep some on you at all times you at least know it is there. You can still carry your morning dose with you so that you can take it on the way to work, just try cutting down on the amount that you carry until you get to the point that you only have to carry that one dose. And it will take out the possibility of loosing them or having them disappear on you.
It is just a suggestion and I hope it helps out some.

Congratulations again on the taper. I know I told you before but it bears repeating. I am really proud of you. You are doing so well my friend.
Enjoy the day, it is extra muggy and hot here today. We have a huge cold front moving it and I heard on the weather this morning that the east coast is going to experience a cold snowy season this year.
Bring on the snow angels!
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptySat 22 Sep 2012, 5:46 pm

Monica we miss you and it is always great to see you on the forum. I am sorry to hear of the problems that your co-worker is having. Personally I feel like you are being taken advantage of because you are always the one that is available.
Your sponsor needs to step up to the plate as far as meeting go. How long have you been running everything? I understand that things to happen and emergencies do occur but it seems like more and more you are taking on more responsibility and she is doing less and less. This isn't fair to you. You put yourself out there everyday helping other people and you do it because that is what you do and those who take advantage know that.
I hope you are able to find a way to take off the pressure. Stress not only affects mental health but physical as well. I hope you are able to get everything worked out soon.
Besides, it is always nice when we have our family here together. Smile
Take care and try to have a good weekend
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptySat 06 Oct 2012, 10:22 am

Good Morning !

Things have still been slow around here.
Chat was moved from Monday Nights to Tuesday night and still on Thursday Nights.
I enjoy those times where we can really talk about our problems. And let me just say, it's
not always drug related problems.
Anyway...... I have been at 11mg for a while, and recently dropped to 10mg.
I finally took my doctors advice and just dropped 1mg at a time. Why bother feeling
any uncomfortable symptoms that might go with dropping to much at once.
This is of course, only my opinion. Some people I read that can drop 3 or 4 mgs at a time
and not feel a thing. For me, I know it's all in my head - so I have to play games with my
head - I drop doses without it ever knowing the difference !!! LOL

Life is good.

I thank God I have a great support system. It's so important. I know who I can turn
to when I have a problem, even if it's small. It still a problem, right?

Well, it's Saturday and I have NO WORK !!!
Hope your all well, whoever is still here reading.

And for all the Newbies, please know, we are here for you ! Please take advantage of this support group. We might not be as busy as some of the other forums out there, but there is no bullshit here, there is no gossip and clicks of groups of friends where you just don't feel a part of, or even feel welcome.
You most certainly are welcome here !!!!

Peace
Blue

Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptySat 06 Oct 2012, 8:22 pm

Hey Blue and everyone else. I just popped by to say check on everyone and I wanted to congratulate you on tapering successfully. I too have been dropping a milligram at a time and only take 2mg now, but I'm gonna stay there for a little longer before I drop again. After all, once your dose gets down so low 1mg means more. Come to think of it, 1mg would be half of my dose. Anyway, I've not had many symptoms at all, but I have noticed the last 2 decreases have been more difficult than before. I'm not sure if it's because I'm taking so little or because I have been so stressed and busy. Whatever it is, it has still been bearable and much easier than maintaining my active addiction.

Basketball season winds up the 13th of October with the tournament so hopefully I will be back here more often. Once again, I really miss all of you. I will check back soon.

Much love my friends,
Monica
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyMon 08 Oct 2012, 12:14 am

Blue, it is good to hear that you are doing so well with your taper. I am so proud of you.
No work? Enjoy, monday will be here soon. Smile
It is quiet and I miss everyone. I do love talking to you on the chat. I hope Tammy is doing okay. I miss her on Tuesday.

Tammy, if your out there reading. Check in and let us know how things are going since you stopped taking Suboxone. Please think about posting your story so that others can hear how you did it. Congratulations! I hope all is well.

Hey there Monica!
Good to see you as always. Can't wait for things to slow down for you so that we can see more of you. I know, I do have your number and can check in that way if need be though. Take care and take care of you. Always remember, YOU are important.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Oct 2012, 8:29 pm

I have been SO sick all week.
I think it's the flu.
Started Monday.
By Tuesday mid-morning, I left work early.
Got home and slept untill dinner time. Got up and attempted to eat.
Then I came on to chat.
Waited and waited. No one showed.
Went back to bed.
Wednesday, slept all day. Got up only to eat or use the bathroom, seriously.

Attempted to work today.
Ha.
Came home and slept again.
Woke up, tried to eat and came on to chat.

Waited and waited, ............No one showed.

Time to re-think this

Last edited by Blue Eyes on Fri 12 Oct 2012, 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012, 6:18 pm

So sorry you are under the weather. Also sorry that no one came to chat. It's impossible for me to be in chat right now, but please know that you and all of the other friends I've made here are in my thoughts and prayers. I miss being able to be in chat and participate, but in recovery life gets busy and right now mine is beyond busy. I barely have time to log on lately between basketball, homework and baths I barely have time to breath. I'm managing to keep up with my recovery commitments here in the real world, but even that is a struggle. I've had to turn down starting a couple of new meetings that I really would love to do but I'm already spread so thin that I'm see through. If all goes well, hopefully after the basketball tourney this weekend I can make it for Tuesday's chat, but I won't promise. I will try my best to be there.

Just know that I miss all of you and wish that I could be here like I used to be. You have my number and if you need me please call. I'm trying to check in more regularly to answer any posts I might have something to add to.

I hope you feel better soon and I will be praying for you and all of our other members as always.

Much love,
Monica
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Oct 2012, 10:52 pm

Hey Blue, I'm sorry you are so sick. It has been that way here too. My son started and it has gone down the line in our family. He also had to have surgery on Wednesday. I thought that yesterday I would take some time to rest since I knew he would be off work and I wouldn't have to out for anything. But I actually ended up taking him back up to the doctor yesterday afternoon due to some complications and we didn't get back home until after 8:00 last night. I am beat.
I hope you get to feeling better soon. I know it is that time of year. It seems like we just get over one thing and another sets in.
I am thinking of you
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Nov 2012, 6:24 am

Morning,

I wanted to document my dose drop again. I saw that I posted on 10/6/12 that I was at 10mg
it's now 11/7/12 and i'm at 9mg. Doing good at that dose too.
It's working out good that I drop only 1mg each time.

Just wanted to put that out there ~

Blue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed 07 Nov 2012, 12:03 pm

That's great news Blue, when you drop your dose going 1mg at a time, do you feel it at all and if so, for about how long? I ask because I'm sure we have some people reading that would like to know how you feel right after dropping your dose.
Your doing such a great job. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Nov 2012, 7:26 am

Dee,

Sorry I didn't see this comment on my drop in dose.

I do not feel any type of withdrawal or craving when I drop 1mg at a time.
I finally took my Dr's advice with this way of tapering/dropping dose and it's working
great.

Back in July I was taking up to 14mg a day (way to much)
I'm down to 9mg now without a problem. 1 mg at a time.

We have to learn to listen to our bodies on when to drop (getting tired is one sign) and
listen to our DOCTORS !

We are all, as addicts, so use to self medicating outselves and now that we're
in treatment, following Doctor's orders is a MUST !!!!

I hope to hear about everyone's Thanksgivings plans. We certainly have a lot to
be thankful for don't we?

Much love, good health and peace,

Blue
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptySat 01 Dec 2012, 6:02 pm

I have made it down to 8mg, without any withdrawal feeling or cravings at all.

At this point, I've noticed one side effect that I was experiencing is easing up.
Constipation, which I had pretty bad and had to take different OTC meds for is getting
alot better all on it's own.

I'm still really tired at night right after dinner. I don't get it ! The moment I sit down
to watch some TV after dinner, I am asleep. I figured my dose is a bit to high, but its
not getting better even at 8mg. So I'm still working on that one !

Anyone else want to discuss side effects if any that they are going through?

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyMon 03 Dec 2012, 3:09 am

Hey Blue,
Congratulations!!! I am so very proud of you and the progress that you are making. You know the being so tired could be due to everything that you do.
I'm the same way, I feel fine but the minute that I sit down at night to watch tv I start to fall asleep.
I don't really think it has anything to do with my being on Suboxone though. I just think that being so active during the day does it.
My mother in law is the same way. She is find but once she sits down in her chair, wham! She is sleeping.
Maybe it is a part of being normal. Normal exhaustion.

I haven't had any side effect from tapering. I did start to taper awhile back but went back up to the 16. I am now at 14 and doing okay. Next month I will go down to 12. Once I hit 10 I will start to go down 1mg a month. I talked to my provider about it at my last visit and she said that whatever I want to do is fine with her, no hurry. She wants me comfortable and I appreciate her for it.
She is a huge help to me.
We are starting our new group tomorrow and I can't wait. I have missed it.
Have a good night, talk to you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyTue 04 Dec 2012, 6:53 am

It's taken me so long to get to 8mg because in the beginning I would taper 2mg each time and
I felt that decrease with slight withdrawal feelings. Just sort of yucky feelings.
Actually that's why I started this thread.

I ended going back up too, to 16mg and starting over. decreasing my dose every few weeks to a month by 1mg. That way, I feel nothing as far as withdrawals.

I am positive the rest of my taper (which could be another year) will be smooth sailing so
to speak.

Positive thoughts and positive energy will help me through this.

Hope your all well !
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyTue 04 Dec 2012, 9:37 pm

I agree completely that slow is the way to go. I know that not everybody has had the same experience, again we are all different and what works for one may not work for another.
Slow is what works for me.

Your doing great Blue! A great example and so many people will be helped by your experience. I'm glad you started the topic, people need to be able to know that it can be done.
So many people complain once they try to stop not stopping to think about how long they are on Suboxone or who long they were using before Suboxone to begin with.
Healing doesn't come overnight.
But it will come, take your time and make it count.
Take care
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2012, 7:32 pm

Hello Ladies.
Blue I read this whole thread and I have learned a lot more about you and your history.

I lowered my dose thank god I didn't struggle sorry you had to Blue. Sad
You went from 16mg to 8mg in just some months That is great! It really inspires me. Smile And I am proud of you Blue!!

It shows me that yes, It can be done!
I look up to you so much Blue! You've come a long way! And are a whole year out of active addiction! You're a great person and you're doing a great job here on the forum! I thank you for being here, I appreciate you being here! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 EmptySun 20 Jan 2013, 2:13 pm

Hello !

I wanted to update my thread and say I've dropped to 7mg (again) yesterday. I say again because I do remember trying it about a month ago and for some reason it not sticking for very long.

So far I feel fine (I have no doubt that I'll be fine!) with no withdrawal.

I don't feel like I will stay at 7mg for long since it's difficult to cut an 8mg stip and have
1mg left over !
Ideally I'd like to be at 6mg or even 4mg. Just because it's easier to cut those doses.

I guess I could always get a 2mg strip or something like that.

We'll see !

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Dose struggle   My Dose struggle - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Dose struggle
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next