Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Saturday check in

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

My Saturday check in Empty
PostSubject: My Saturday check in   My Saturday check in EmptySat 21 Aug 2010, 9:25 pm

My Saturday check in Daydre10

It's another weekend and I hope that everyone is doing well. My weekend started like it usually does. This morning after having my first cup of coffee out on the porch, I got a phone call from one of my dearest friends who is also in recovery. We don't get to talk as much as we would like to as she lives in one state and I in another but we always know that if one needed the other the phone is always just a few steps away.
My friend is having some struggles in her life right now and it is hard for me not to tell her what she "needs" to do. I've always been a very opinionated control person. I like to take control of the people around me and while I try to realize that what is right for me may not be right for them. I also have to remind myself that sometimes all it takes is for someone to listen.
I know there are plenty of time when she has been there to listen to me.

I was also able to do one of my most favorite things this afternoon and that is to head over to the Farmers Market. I know that I have said this before, and I will probably say it many more times in the future. But love to walk through the different vendor stands checking things out and seeing what they have to offer. There are so many talented people in one spot. When people think of the Farmers Market they think of farmers and vegetables and while there is a lot of excellent fresh produce available there is also a lot of handmade items for sale.
Today I was really excited to go because last week I place an order with a woman that hand paints on glass.
My boyfriend and I plan to get married in October after being together for almost eleven years. I wanted something special for the wedding but cost is a big factor right now, so I was able to place an order with the woman for a pair of custom personalize champagne flutes for the wedding. They were only 12.00 for the pair and turned out beautiful.

And now to wrap up the night my son and I are getting ready to watch out weekly movie. Tonight we decided to watch a comedy. I hope that all of you have a great weekend. I will check in tomorrow as I try make it a habit to check in at least once a day.
Enjoy your evening
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

My Saturday check in Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Saturday check in   My Saturday check in EmptySat 21 Aug 2010, 10:05 pm

Hey Dee,

Once again I've picked up my spirits, turned my head up and forced a smile. It came to me, no matter what you have going on, you're as good as you let or allow yourself to be. This thought isn't easy at times. It's like finding your bottom with anything else. You've got to be ready to let go. It's almost like being arrested and finding freedom. There isn't one thing different, just a difference in how I look at it. Glad you had an enjoyable day. I love combing through stuff at a flea market or a horse tack sale. It's such a thrill to find something you've been looking for, at a bargain.

I'm going to have me a better day tomorrow. Thanks for getting me out of me.

Your sista too,
Barbara
Back to top Go down

My Saturday check in
Page 1 of 1