Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's Friday... Let's check in!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

It's Friday... Let's check in! Empty
PostSubject: It's Friday... Let's check in!   It's Friday... Let's check in! EmptyFri 17 Jun 2011, 6:39 pm

It's Friday... Let's check in! Friday10

Hi everyone, it's that time. Time for a check in. I know that some of our members have had a difficult time lately so I want to do this check in so we can share some of our positive moments to remind us that not all our days are bad ones.

I have some news I'd like to share. Some good, some not so good and some optimistic. How's that for variety?
I'll start with the good news.
Most of you already know about my relationship or lack of it with my daughters who are all adults now and living in the south. I gave custody of them to their grandparents back in 1989, I was being severely abused by their father and it just wasn't safe for me either. Last year, 2 of them contacted me on face book wanting to try and mend the relationship we really never had as I moved away thinking it would be easier for them if I wasn't there.
Things with them haven't changed, I still talk to them frequently and they are both doing very well.

One of the middle daughters came to Vermont a few years back but that ended up with me sending her back down south because neither one of us could seem to come to a point of where we agreed on anything. I had my young son then and she had threatened him and told me she would throw me down the flight of stairs. Not being able to deal with the thought of being threatened like that, I sent her back home. (that 's the short version)

She contacted me last night. She was upset and needed to talk to me. She is in a very abusive relationship and has three children with this man. He told her at one point if she wanted to have anything to do with her children she had to put up with his daily A** Kicking as she put it.
I told her that under no circumstances should anyone have to put up with being hit. You do not hit the people you love. She also told me that her grandmother, (her fathers mother) told her that if she was to have a family she needed to make "certain" exceptions.
I feel really bad for her and I am angry that her grandmother would say such things. And I honestly believe she did say them. I know the woman, I was married to her son for 15 years and was beat by that same son for most of those 15 years.
My daughter has also told me that she is bisexual. Her oldest son lives with the grandmother for the time being until she can get back on her feet. The grandmother has told her that being gay or bisexual is like having a virus. It is contagious and you give it to other people so my daughter is not welcome in the house until she comes to her senses.

I am angry right now at the narrow mindedness of her grandmother and the rest of the family. My daughter told me all she wanted is for someone to accept her for who she is.
I told her that I loved her and even though we have had our differences, I've never stopped loving her. I also let her know that her decision is up to her. She has to be the one who makes it.
And whatever she decided I will have her back 100%

Now the optimistic news. I've been contemplating looking for a part time job to help us with our budget. Right now things are really tight. I am afraid that if they get too much worse we will loose our apartment. To some people that may not seem like a big deal but to me it is. This is the first apartment or home that I have actually been able to hold onto. When I was using I really didn't have anything and I did what I could to survive. We've been here for three years but it doesn't look good.
Today my son went to a youth job fair and one of the job descriptions he picked up is working in an insurance company office. Front desk. Administrative duties. That I can do. I called and the position is open to anyone not just youth. So I'm getting together my resume and we will see what happens.

Okay that pretty much sums up my life right now. It's the weekend and I hope everyone has a good one. Take care and remember, if you need anything. I'll be around most of the weekend.
Dee

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday... Let's check in!   It's Friday... Let's check in! EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 11:46 am

It's Friday... Let's check in! Faith210

Hi guys!

Sorry that I missed the Friday check in as well as wanting to welcome our newest member who is in need of some advice regarding going onto the Suboxone as well as wanting to reply to Marie about her newest information regarding her doctor's appointment, etc. BUT....

I HAVE HAD MY OLDEST DAUGHTER HERE WITH ME ALL DAY FRIDAY & SHE EVEN SPENT THE NIGHT & IS STILL HERE JUST STARTING TO WAKE UP!! cheers

Therefore, I am keeping this post short for the time being & I will catch up with you ALL very soon, but I HAVE to take advantage of this special time that I do have with my daughter. I love you

Love you guys!
Beth
I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday... Let's check in!   It's Friday... Let's check in! EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 3:49 pm

Great news Beth!
I'm happy for you and I hope things turn out for you the way you hope them to.
A start is a start and that's all we can ask for. Maybe this will be your new beginning with her. Life isn't fair and we don't always get what we want.
But it does give us chances and that is all we need. It's up to us to do the work. Remember, as much as you love her, she also needs to do the work.
Take care, enjoy your day!
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday... Let's check in!   It's Friday... Let's check in! EmptySat 18 Jun 2011, 5:59 pm

[i][b]

Beth that is GREAT news.....Enjoy your time. It's a start..I'm so happy for you.

Sorry,I've not checked in. When I have my grandson I get so busy and don't always have the time to sit and think.

I did get some of my money back from the Dr. that was sanctioned. She gave me 150.00 and I had paid 200.00 but I took it.
It came at a perfect time. I have had to fax so many things lately with the Ins. and Dr.'s. My fax machine is old and not been working properly so we went and bought a inexpensive new one. Now,I'm set up a lil better to continue my fight with the Ins.
If I'd go to Office Depot to have things faxed it got expensive as often as I was going so it's a win win to me for now.

I've decided to take the weekend off from Ins. doings. I need a break to regroup on Monday. Plus,I'll have to have them send another PA to the Dr. office since they let it go past the 72 hours.

I went last night to pick up my seizure meds and they said the Ins. denied it. Girls,I lost it. I got back home and knew I was going to freak on someone with the Ins. So,I decided I needed to call the Pharmacy back to see why I was denied before I called them. I hung on for awhile then the Pharmacist comes back and said all she needed to do was a over ride and I could come pick it up. I don't know why she needed to do that even. It looks like anything coming there way there first instinct is to deny. I've been on that medication for almost 20yrs. Why now? Evil or Very Mad

It's terribly hot over here. I've been going out at night to water all my plants out front and back and that lil time I'm out there I have make up dripping in my eyes and that burns. cyclops

So,Dee,you thinking about going back to work? How do you feel about that? Other than you need the money of course. It could be a good thing.

My daug.in law seems to be on a drug binge this weekend so I stay clear. That girl is so open about what she does she is going to get busted one time. She thinks she is so slick and above the law. Rolling Eyes

Other than all that I'm trying to hang on.

I'll try to make it back a lil later.

Beth enjoy your daug....I know you are.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I love you

Love
Marie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Friday... Let's check in!   It's Friday... Let's check in! Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Friday... Let's check in!
Page 1 of 1