Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lets have a check in

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Lets have a check in Empty
PostSubject: Lets have a check in   Lets have a check in EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010, 11:16 pm

Lets have a check in Wednes10

Good evening everyone,
Well, we all have so much going on lately I thought it would be a good idea if we had a weekly check in. It has been ages since we have actually taken the time to sit down stop and say hello and just take the time to share what is going on which other.
We have many, many new members which makes me so happy. There is nothing like seeing new members join the forum to let me know just how important it is to continue to offer the support that we have always offered in the past.

I do apologize to all of you. I haven't been able to be here as much as I usually like to be the last few weeks. Most of you are already aware of what is going on but for those of you who don't I'd like to take a couple of minutes to explain.

Two months ago I went to my primary care doctor because I thought I had a touch of bronchitis coming on. I have COPD and this time of year is always rough on me. The doctor did a chest x ray and found a spot on my lung. I have been undergoing some tests one of which was a lung biopsy. I got the results back from that biopsy on Monday and I pleased to tell EVERYONE that I do not have Lung Cancer. There is still one test that has yet to come back and that one the doctor says he is 99% sure it will be positive. The test is for a mycobacterial infection. This infection is a cousin to TB which explains to me now why the doctor thought I had TB in the first place. But this infection can be treated. It will require me to take three different antibiotics for one year. Although this infection is a cousin to TB, unlike TB it is not contagious. It's symptoms include those of pneumonia and that explains now why I have daily fevers, chills and an ache tight feeling in my chest. Unfortunately there really isn't anything the doctor can do about it until he gets the final results. But at least knowing what is coming does make me feel somewhat better.

Through all of this I am very proud to be able to say that I have or had any thoughts of using. In the past before being able to take a medication to help me manage my addiction I would not have been able to say that. One of the first things I would have done was to ask the doctor for pain pills weather I needed them for pain or not. I would have exaggerated my pain to make sure the doctor prescribed something for me, then I would have abused whatever he would have given me.
Being on Suboxone makes a difference in the way I look at things, pain included. I am not one who has ever been able to tolerate much pain but now when I feel pain I know that I am feeling normal pains and not some manufactured pain.
When I was in the hospital there were a few times that I did have to take pain medication that I admit, but I was also able to not take it.
I feel that I have been given yet another chance at life. I don't know what is in store for me over the next few years, but I am ready for whatever comes my way.
I am once again back on here and will continue to increase my posting. Again I do apologize for not being here as often as I like.
I'd like to take a minute to thank Cathy for all of her help. She has been wonderful stepping up and posting to the new members and making everyone feel welcome.
Thank you Cathy! Your help here on the forum has been such a help to me. I can't express how much it means to me to know that you are here when I am unable to be.

Well, that about wraps it up for me. How about the rest of you? How are your days and what have you been up to? Lets get caught up. New members as well.
We need to hear form you.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Lets have a check in   Lets have a check in EmptyThu 01 Apr 2010, 5:50 pm

Hi everybody! I am happy Dee is back and feeling better. Thank You Dee for mentioning me in your post. I will always be happy to help you out!

As for me, It has been pretty hectic around my house. My other-half had surgery on his shoulder and he is in alot of pain. He has been RX'D my favorite pills o.c.'s for his pain. I been doing really well with the pills being in the house. Trust me if it was two years ago I would be in that bottle so fast! The pills make him very grouchy and moody. I wish that they had the same effect on me because I would of never taken them. They made me feel way too good.

It is finally getting warm in NY. We have alot of wildlife in our backyard including deer. The tulips are pushing themselves up in the garden. I think Spring is finally here and I am happy about that.

Well thats about it for me. I hope everybody is looking forward to the holiday weekend.

Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Lets have a check in   Lets have a check in EmptyThu 01 Apr 2010, 11:54 pm

Thank you Cathy,
I am very proud of you and I am sure that hubby is as well. I hope he gets on the mend soon.
I meant what I said, knowing that you are here when I am not able give me peace of mine.
Thank you again,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Lets have a check in   Lets have a check in EmptyWed 07 Apr 2010, 11:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been working my head off! I'm sure thankfull I'm able to do my job. It's hard and long hours. I set up and tear down convention and trade shows. I'm taking tomorrow off to get some things done. I bought a van over a month ago and haven't changed the title over yet. I'll get this done tomorrow. I can't begin to tell you how happy I can get. Driving to work this morning I got a happy jag on and it was such a relief to be totally happy. Nothing in particular, just the music on the radio, hitting all green lights, knowing I have a job and I'm getting healthier each day.

I hope all of you have been doing well. I haven't been here for a while and I want to say I'm sorry. When I am working, it takes a lot out of me. I come in, shower and go to bed. I missed the radio show, but I will go and listen to it.

Well this is it from me tonight. I'm going to bed in a while. I wanted to wait to hear from some of our new people.
I love everybody,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets have a check in   Lets have a check in Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets have a check in
Page 1 of 1