Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Time for a check in

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Time for a check in Empty
PostSubject: Time for a check in   Time for a check in EmptySun 05 Apr 2009, 2:26 pm

It has been so long since I have seen anyone posting, I figure it has got to be time for a check in.
It is so quiet around here these days.
How is everyone doing?
Does the quiet mean that everybody's life is going perfectly well, with no problems. I know it is hard to come to a foruma and speak when no one is speaking. But someone has got to take the first step here.
A couple of months ago, we had topics flying in every direction. Now, there's none.
When you all have a minute please stop by and check in.
Let us know that your still around.
Have a beautiful sunny Sunday.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Time for a check in   Time for a check in EmptyMon 06 Apr 2009, 10:04 pm

Hi Dee,

I haven't felt well for the last two weeks. I'm going for testing this coming Thursday. I hoping this will help me find a solution to what's going on. Not knowing sets me up for depression. My foot surgery has failed...I'm still in pain whan I walk. This too has had me depressed. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need surgery again. This means another lay-up. My doctor is on away on vacation till next month. I must focus on better things ahead and not dwell on what's wrong.

Yes, I too, would like to hear from some of our members and know how they are getting on. I know it's hard to write when everything seems like it's not going too well. Part of coming out of it is to talk about it. The longer I put it off, the harder it is to talk about it. So, here I am. Looking for the best and hoping for better.

Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
ThirtyOne

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Time for a check in   Time for a check in EmptyTue 07 Apr 2009, 1:16 pm

I am new.

Well, new here. Certainly not new to addiction or recovery forums.

If it is who I think it is, I followed one of your members here from another couple of boards. She hasn't posted over there in FOREVER and I just happened to run into her (or I think its her!) here.

So this has been my struggle for 4 years. Legally prescribed at first, like always, but quickly found that it triggered my addictive personality.

Lots of happenings between now and then, but finally was required to go on Sub through a legal situation. That is still panning out.

Although I would not have necessarily chosen to be put on Sub, I am thankful that it has helped control the craziness that the pain meds led me to.

Nonetheless, I gotta deal with all the crap that I was numbing out from now. Its a tough place to be... in my head that is, with all of the everything raining down on me at once.

That's enough. G'day...
Back to top Go down
madogs

madogs

Female
Number of posts : 10
Humor : Somewhat of a dry sense of humor
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Time for a check in   Time for a check in EmptyTue 07 Apr 2009, 2:03 pm

[b][i]Hi Everyone!!! Nothing crazy going on with me! Just having to stay cooped up yesterday and today as a cold spell and freeze has moved in on us here. Hopefully the last one of season. Prior to that just trying to enjoy the spring days, getting out more, enjoying the sunshine, birds singing, bees humming, flowers blooming. Ahhhh, it's wonderful to be alive isn't it! The winter is just about totally gone!!! Enjoy life and Bless You All!!! Madogs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Time for a check in   Time for a check in EmptyTue 07 Apr 2009, 3:14 pm

Thirty One,
Regardless of who or what brought you here, you are most welcome. I am glad to see you posting.
I have been on suboxone for three years now. Before Suboxone I had been on Methadone not only for my addiction but for pain as well. I stayed on Methadone for almost four years.
Both of these miracle medications have made such a difference in my life. I honestly don't think that I would be here today if it weren't for them. I have had to learn that we don't always get to choose the road our lives are destined to follow, but it is our choice on how we choose to follow that road. Does that make sense?

Hello again Madogs,
I see that your in a fine chipper mood today. We are having a bought of cold weather here as well. What happened to Spring I'd like to know.
This morning we even had a touch of snow. Please keep posting, it is good to hear from you.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Time for a check in   Time for a check in EmptyTue 07 Apr 2009, 4:14 pm

Hi Guys,

We had a cold spell down here in Florida and the wind is whipping around like mad. I'm afraid we are in for one heck of a hurricane season. This scares me so badly. I worry for my animals outside. It's going to be the same tomorrow and heat up on the weekend. I guess no matter where we are, we wish we was somewhere else. I've been thinking of moving to Costa Rica in a few years. They are starting to build and update their roads, building shopping centers and homes. It's just in the thought stage right now. I'll go where I'm shown and take it slow.

Yes, Madogs, it is good to hear from you. The others whom are helping us is a blessing too. I hope you get warm weather soon and do all of your planting and replacing all the plants lost from the cold. I lost my Oleander tree unless it grows again from the bottom.

I've got to go get some things done around here. I'll be back this evening.

Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for a check in   Time for a check in Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for a check in
Page 1 of 1