Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's Saturday!.. Checking in

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

It's Saturday!.. Checking in Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Saturday!.. Checking in   It's Saturday!.. Checking in EmptySat 21 May 2011, 12:29 pm

Marie,
How is your visit coming along? I know your busy and trying to catch up with your daughter. So I won't keep you long.
I just wanted to check in a see how you are.
Have a great weekend!
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: It's Saturday!.. Checking in   It's Saturday!.. Checking in EmptySat 21 May 2011, 1:24 pm

[i][b]

I was just about to come to say HEY to you.
Visit is going wonderful. We went and got our hair done yesterday. We going to get our nails done later. We've been up till very early in the morning. It's been a wonderful blessing. She has said she can't believe the change in me. So,that was good to here.

I hope you have a good weekend.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's Saturday!.. Checking in   It's Saturday!.. Checking in EmptySat 21 May 2011, 2:33 pm

That's good, I'm glad to hear it.
I moved the post as I should have done it as a check in anyway.

I had my hair done on my birthday. I'd been waiting to get it done for quite awhile. And while my other half doesn't appreciate short hair. I love it!
Makes it so much easier to work with. Plus I had some blond added to it to cover the grey which was started to take over really bad.

I've actually never had my nails done professionally except for when I lived down in Mobile. I was going to Cosmetology School at the time and we had to practice on one another.
What I'd really like to have done is a pedicure. I could go for sitting there relaxing while someone gives me a foot message. *sigh*

I wonder where Beth is today?
I'm hoping she checks in soon. I miss not hearing from her. I love hearing about her little ones. It's been a long time since I had any to keep up with.
Take care and have fun this weekend.
Enjoy your daughter, I am really glad the two of you have the opportunity to get to know each other again. Your a different person than before and she sees it. That's wonderful.

Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: It's Saturday!.. Checking in   It's Saturday!.. Checking in EmptySun 22 May 2011, 3:05 pm

It's Saturday!.. Checking in Wingsl12

Hi guys!!

Here I am- under the gigantic "Serenity Prayer" that you cannot read when I post it as "Small" so I copied it as "Medium" & this is the outcome!! Yet, I felt that this is very important for me to remember today & everyday really. Especially lately... I have really been having a hard time & just have not found the words to "put it all out there" quite yet. I think that I feel like when I opened up last week in a couple of posts, well, they just didn't come out right & for now, I don't know why, but the words just aren't coming to me. (which if you know me, then you know that is NOT like me at all!!) So I figure that I will continue to read & post things that I find pertinent to recovery & when my own words come back to me, then I will open up & share more about my ongoing situation.

I am very glad to hear that things are going well for the both of you. Marie, it sounds like you are having a wonderful visit with your daughter & that is AWESOME that she can already tell such a difference in you! What a compliment! Like a Star @ heaven Dee, I hope that you are feeling better & that things have calmed down within your family! (or as much as what they can in remaining "calm") Wink

I hope that you are both having a superb weekend, as well as the rest of the members here on the forum!!

Your Friend,
Beth
I love you
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: It's Saturday!.. Checking in   It's Saturday!.. Checking in EmptySun 22 May 2011, 4:59 pm

[i][b]
Beth,
I think I might need to put this up all over my house. I have several but I may need MANY.
I have a daug.in law that is a long story but many issues and boy do i ever need to remember these words of Serenity.

I hope your enjoying your day.

Dee,how you feeling? Please don't let others rob your peace.

Love
Marie
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: It's Saturday!.. Checking in   It's Saturday!.. Checking in EmptyMon 23 May 2011, 11:00 am

It's Saturday!.. Checking in App_1_11

Hi Marie!

Like you, I also need many constant reminders of this precious "Serenity Prayer" to keep all over the place- taped to the bathroom mirror, taped to my dashboard in my van, a Prayer card within my wallet, etc, etc... Arrow

I know the prayer without having to read it, but for some reason, when I do read it, then re-read it over again, the words seem to "sink in" just a little better for me. It seems to be a better reminder when I can actually SEE the words rather than just saying them. Not that saying them doesn't help me out as well- just not as well... Question

Do you know how to pull up pictures off of the computer or to copy the one that I have already posted to be able to print it out? If I can help you at all with this, please just let me know. The more copies the better, in my opinion... Plus, I am sure that we could find several more pictures containing the prayer that may be more pleasing to the eye.

Hope that you have a great day! Oh & you never did respond to my post on your birthday- did you have a good one this year? Was your daughter in town over your actual b-day? Where is she from? I think that I read Georgia, but am not quite sure if that is correct or not. How long of a trip is it to get to each other from your present locations? Does she have children? I have heard you mention your son having a son, therefore, your grandson. Do you have any other children than your one son & daughter? Do you have any other grandbabies other than your son's son? Where is your son located? Does he live close to you? Just being nosey, trying to get to know you better.

I am going to go look up some other copies of the "Serenity Prayer" to see if I can find any prettier (or more unique) copies & will see what I can come up with. Hope to hear from you soon!! Like a Star @ heaven

Your Friend,
~Beth
I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's Saturday!.. Checking in   It's Saturday!.. Checking in EmptyMon 23 May 2011, 11:42 am

Good morning ladies,
All is well on the home front here. Well family can't get to me when I put up the boundaries and remind myself why they are there in the first place.

Beth, take your time. Knowing you the way I do I know that when you are ready, you will put it out there. Don't worry about the right words.
Just start... That's all that is needed. (Just remember, the forum will "time out after a time, so you may want to start out in word or something and past it here. I say that not to make fun of you but because I know what it's like to put it all down only to lose the post because of a automatic log out.)

We are here to listen my friend.

The Serenity Prayer is such a soothing prayer for me. It has helped me many times. I remember back when I was a little girl my mother had it on one of those souvenir plates. Kind of like the state plates but t his one had the prayer on it.
It hung in our kitchen and while back then I didn't know what it meant, I've grown to love and depend on it in my adult years.

I often have a hard time with "Accepting things I cannot change" and the "Wisdom to know the difference" but am trying. I am one to try to change things I cannot. And to accept that is hard for me.
That is a topic for my counselor and I to work on.
Beth, please read the post about the patient from the VA if you haven't already. Do you remember him? He is doing well.
Have a great day all of you here. Remember to do something nice for YOU today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Saturday!.. Checking in   It's Saturday!.. Checking in Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Saturday!.. Checking in
Page 1 of 1