Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Checking In

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Checking In   Checking In EmptyThu 19 Feb 2009, 11:44 pm

Hello everyone,
It has been awfully quiet around here the last couple of days.
I do hope that all of you are doing okay.
Beth,
How is the job going? Is your fatherin law getting used to the routine at home? What about his knee? Question I read your post about the babies being sick again and little Matty. I do hope that are much better by now. Wink Remember to take some time for yourself, don't over do it.
Cathy,
How about you? Where are you these days. Are you working or thinking about classes? Have you checked into the medical billing/coding class? I'd like to hear from you. You are missed. Like a Star @ heaven
Mez,
I sent you a pm. Are things getting back to normal in your area now? What about Angus? Is he back at home? I know that he had been giving you and Neil some problems, I will keep you in my prayers that you will work it out. Our children can try us at times, but that's what keeps us going. Wink
Sammy,
Are you still thinking about tapering off of Suboxone? Has your husband started his taper off methadone so he can switch over to Suboxone yet?
Barbara has gone back to work, I know that we all miss her, but I also kow that she checks in when she gets home. We have some new members, if you guys have a minute will you jump over to "Introduction" and welcome them?
Lets make everyone feel at home. Our home is their home now. I love you
I think that I've covered most of you that have posted but if I did leave someone out, it was not on purpose. I'm tired, it has been a long week. I only have one more week of class to go. After that, I will have to do service work.
I applied for work today with an organization in my community that educates the public on substance abuse and prevention, I won't know anything for awhile.
If it doesn't work out, then I know it's not the right thing for me.
I will just have to keep praying that something will happen. I have faith that it will.
It's getting late and morning comes early.
Let me hear form you.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 12:01 am

Hi Dee, It looks like you been a busy beaver these days. I hope you get that position. It would be right up your ally on what you wanted to do. I haven't been doing much of anything job wise. I am still thinking about an on-line course. I went to an NA meeting last night but I kept my mouth shut about being on Suboxone. I really don't want to keep that to myself but it is for the better. Did you call your Dr. yet for your stress test? I been feeling pretty good lately my moods seem to be more stable. I am really happy about that. I thought was going to be cranky and having mood swings for the rest of my life. I hope you have a great day tomorrow. Love Cathy
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 4:35 am

Hi Cathy,

Mez here. Good on you for continuing your NA, meetings. I think you have done the right thing staying mum about being on suboxone in those rooms. Do you have the saying over there in meetings - take what you need and leave the rest. From my experience in NA here in OZ, there were many people on suboxone and methadone living recovery but not saying so in meetings.

The really good thing now is that you have a place like this one here where you can be 100 per cent honest and not be judged. We get our recovery where we need it and the more that is around the better. I'm glad your feeling better in yourself. I can't wait for my moods to settle. Your words are nice to hear.

Cheers. Mez.X
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 11:13 am

Hi Mez,
Good to see you.
I have missed seeing you here the last few days.
I'm glad to see that your still with us.
Now, if we could hear from Beth and the rest of the crew.
I hope that your day is a good one for you.
Hug lots and smile often Smile
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 5:54 pm

Hi Dee and Mez, Thank you Mez for your support. I hope things are settling down for you and your life is somewhat back to normal after those fires. Your mood will get better once your life is back to normal. How is work going? It must really be madding working with co-workers that don't care about their job. Dee, How are you doing? Have you heard anything from Beth? She pm me a few days ago but I have not heard anything from her since then. I have her phone # but debating whether I should call her or not. I am not sure if she wants to be left alone. How are your classes going? Did you hear anything yet about that position you want? My better half just announce to me he wants to become a drug counsler. He makes good money now as a machinist but he wants to start taking night courses to become a counsler. Well, I hope you Ladies are having a great day. Talk to you soon. Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In EmptySun 22 Feb 2009, 11:48 am

Hi Cathy,
No I have not heard from Beth, like you I received a pm from her but nothing since. I do know that the babies have been ill again and she is still working hard as ever. She is a wonder woman if I ever saw one.

Good news about your hubby. It is never to late to go back to school. My case woker is going to school right now for the same thing. She is taking classes one at a time so that she can continue to work as well.
I have not heard anything on the position as of yet. But I did find out that they want somebody that is certified is substance abuse.
That is out of my league. I have my resume out there, so it is a wait and see thing. In the meantime I'll keep looking.
I do know that I don't want to settle on just anything. The way I see it is, I'm almost 51 years old and have had a lifetime of settling on this job or that job. Not anymore, it's time to do something that makes me happy and not the other person. Exploring the different oppotunities is my # 1 priority right now.

To go from one end of the job hunt to the other, I applied for position in a book store on Friday. One of our bookstores here jsut recently reopened, it is much larger than before, this time it includes a reading room, coffee bar, and free wi-fi for the customers. That is a wait and see as well.
Something will come along I'm sure.
We have snow again today, with 10 inches expecteded. Where is spring?
Have a good day, enjoy your family and hug often.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In EmptyMon 23 Feb 2009, 12:18 am

Hi Dee,

I'd like to come give you a hug right now. I feel so much better. i don't know what happen, I was just suddenly not feeling like a sick limp rag. I perked up after dinner. I went in and showered, washed my hair, put lotion on, cleaned my face and used some of the Avon night cream I got from you. Boy, what a difference! I'm not up dancing, but at least I'm up.

I've thought about you all in the past days. Knowing you were wondering how I was making it at work. I did good. The show boss said he would request me for his next show. This means I'll be higher on the cut list. I wish you could come do this work with me, you would love it. Even though our shows have gotten smaller, I know they would use you during our busy times. I hope you get the job you want and be able to enjoy going to work. Spring isn't that far away. The Easter Bunny is on it's way! We are having fires again. One thousand acres have burned just northeast of here and it's only 90% contained; there's main roads have closed because of smoke. The next month if we don't get rain, it going to be a tender box. There's no rain next week and it only rained once this week. The wind's blowing every day. They expect us to get more fires set by the fire bugs who come out this time of year. I hope we get April showers...last year we didn't get rain until June.

Yes, I hope Beth is just busy with her family. May God manifest Himself in her life to get her through all she has to achieve.

Cathy, good luck with your hubby wanting to change careers. Sounds like you are being supportive and flexible, which I give you a right on and hope it works out for you.

Mez, I just wrote to you, so you know what's up. I hope your move was a smooth one and for the better. Can't wait to get your letter.

I'm going to wind down for tonight. Have to cover up the birds and go out and check on the horses one last time. Sassy is still ill. She may have gotten a lot of sand in her stomach even though I have given her medicine for that. I'm going to worm her cause it's time and if she's not better, I'll have to call the veterinarian.

Love all you guys,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In EmptyMon 23 Feb 2009, 12:37 am

Hi Dee and Barb, Dee, what does it take to be certified for substance abuse? Could you take a few courses or on-line classess to be certified. Its been cold here but no snow. We have a cold front comming in Monday. I will pm you with that recipe. Barb, How are you feeling? What made you sick? Or are you doing to much? I am happy your boss is pleased with you. I hope Sassy gets better. What sets off the fires there? I hope it isn't arsonists. Mez and Sammy, I hope you two had a good weekend. Beth, come out, come out, wherever you are! I'll talk to you ladies soon. Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In EmptyMon 23 Feb 2009, 9:14 am

Good morning family,
I am off to class, I wish you all a good day.
Cathy,
The job requires a certified substance abuse counselor. I have taken a class on line for the role of Medication in the treatment of substance abuse.
What they are looking for is someone with a lot more experience than I have to offer.
Not to worry, I'm sure that my ideal job will turn up. I just have to shake a few more rugs thats all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking In
Page 1 of 1