Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Been on Suboxone for 9 days, just found out I have to stop Aug 31st..... !!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lisa6013

Been on Suboxone for 9 days, just found out I have to stop Aug 31st.....  !! Empty
PostSubject: Been on Suboxone for 9 days, just found out I have to stop Aug 31st..... !!   Been on Suboxone for 9 days, just found out I have to stop Aug 31st.....  !! EmptyTue 14 Jul 2009, 3:48 pm

Let me explain, I started on Suboxone on July 6th... have been taking about 22 mg per day. Doc said not to exceed 24, so I don't. I have state run Medicaid, and they are dropping us as of 8/31/09. Even though hubby and I are unemployed, we bring home too much money from our unemployment to have this Medicaid insurance after August. We met some deductible to get on it for a few months because of all of the medical bills we have from me overdosing, hospital and detox inpatient stays, etc. So... hubby and I are both using the Suboxone. He started a week before me. We are seeing different doctors. The only way for him and I both to stay away from pain meds was to both be able to stop together, and to stop enabling eachother. So he has to stop his treatmet when I do because he will not have insurance either! I checked out the financial help section from the maker of Suboxone, and we are a family of three (we have a nine year old son), and we make too much money from unemployment to qualify for financial assistance! We are above poverty level, but cannot afford to purchase Suboxone out of pocket.. you all know how expensive it is! Also, we would have to pay out of pocket for every doctor visit as well. We know that we would have to be seen by our doctors once or twice a month... Did I set us both up to fail? How can we start taperig down if we just started on it? I m freaking out...... Sad Hubby has been doing sooo good. He has no cravings at all... I haven't had any until today. We are both getting headaches, and are tired, but those are the only side effects that we feel. Any advice??

Thanks so much for taking the time..
lisa Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Been on Suboxone for 9 days, just found out I have to stop Aug 31st.....  !! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been on Suboxone for 9 days, just found out I have to stop Aug 31st..... !!   Been on Suboxone for 9 days, just found out I have to stop Aug 31st.....  !! EmptyTue 14 Jul 2009, 6:19 pm

Hi Lisa,
It sounds like you have done your homework. I wish there were a way that you would be bale to stay on your Suboxone. You and your husband are having the same problem that many suboxone patients have. I agree, suboxone is expensive. Very expensive.
You are currently taking 22mg am I right? And what about your husband? What is his current dose?
With Suboxone less is more. Once your body settle in on the dose that is right for you, I doubt it will be as high as 22mg.
Most people settle in around 16mg.
I have been taking Suboxone for three years now. My doctor writes my prescription for 16mg a day. But to be honest with you I can get by on 4mg sometimes 2mg a day.
I know that you have already made a lot of phone calls about assistance. Do you have a mental health facility in your town that can help you?
If it comes down to the point that you have to stop Suboxone. I myself would start my taper. You haven't been taking it for very long, so I would start now.
Be prepared, you will have some withdrawal symptoms. They may not be as bad as if you had been taking it for several months. But you will probably have some just the same.
We are all here for you and your husband. Anytime that you need to come here and talk please do. That is what we are here for.

The makers of Suboxone, Reckitt Benckiser do have a nurse phone line that you may call with your questions about Suboxone. They are available Monday-Friday 9a.m.-6:45p.m. They are closed on weekends and holidays. Their number is: (877)782-6966.
Please remember that we are her for you.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Been on Suboxone for 9 days, just found out I have to stop Aug 31st..... !!
Page 1 of 1