Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suboxone - Something Interesting I found

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Particular

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Speeding through nowhere at the velocity of dreams
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Suboxone - Something Interesting I found Empty
PostSubject: Suboxone - Something Interesting I found   Suboxone - Something Interesting I found EmptyMon 02 Mar 2009, 12:12 am

Dee/Barb - Please let me know if this type of posting isn't on topic, in my judgement it is, but only because of my situation, which I could be wrong! Obviously I have a loooooooooottttt to learn. Smile

I think I may have found out some important information that might be partially responsible for my need for a higher dose of suboxone. Thebaine, which is 1 of the 3 main componets of opium is what they use to make suboxone out of. Obviously it has to be chemically created from thebaine, so in a sense I've been taking a form of suboxone, well buprenorphine, I'll include a snip from the Wiki and get to my point. I think I may have already had a tollerance to it because of my choice of opiates, which is basically what all opiates come from in a completely natural state, before science breaks it out into all of the other drugs known today. Opium is the weakest form of all of them other than the morphine, which is the main component of opium even naturally. Opium is the weakest form, but also the fastest at building a tollerance to opiates. I don't have science to back that up, but have read it many many times about the tollerance - in 1.5 years I went from 10mg morphine to 600, which is only enough to keep me out of withdrawls now, I would need 1200 mg to feel the opiate buzz, which I never strived for out of fear of my wife noticing something was different about me, yes my wife only found out 3 months ago when I confessed). Never once was I fuzzy in speech, or had glazy eyes, So anyways to get to the point when I go see my doctor I'm going to ask him about this, and inform him with all of the other information I've learned here. This could be something important to know if you're going to suboxone from opium. Already my doctor thinks taking it between the cheek and gum is as effective as under the tounge I will find out what he thinks about the opium theory. I know the bottom line, is simply any opiate is addictive, but I think since there has to be others that did opium this could be helpful information. Ok ok ok, I'm gonig to shut up and stop rambling now.
~Your Partner In Recovery
~Particular

Thebaine (paramorphine) is an opiate alkaloid. A minor constituent of opium, thebaine is chemically similar to both morphine and codeine, but has stimulatory rather than depressant effects, causing strychnine-like convulsions at higher doses.[3] Thebaine is not used therapeutically, but can be converted industrially into a variety of compounds including oxycodone, oxymorphone, nalbuphine, naloxone, naltrexone, buprenorphine and etorphine.
It is controlled under international law, is listed as a Class A drug under the Misuse of Drugs

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Suboxone - Something Interesting I found   Suboxone - Something Interesting I found EmptyMon 02 Mar 2009, 9:15 am

Good morning Particular,
I have to admit that my experience with opium is somewhat limited. I most certainly believe the dose of Suboxone required to maintain a person in recovery depends on what drug they were using, the length of time they were using it, and their brain chemistry.
You wouldn't expect a person that is on Heroin for 5 years to have the same reaction to Suboxone that a person that has been on Vicodin for 1 year.
Deborah can answer your question a lot better than I can.
She will be here as soon as she is able. She had dental surgery last week, and is recovering from that.

As for your post, it is fine. This is a forum for Suboxone and Methadone. Your topic does include Suboxone. We only have one requirement when you post a quote or article and that is to also post the link from which the information came from.
We have a lot of professionals that read our forum for information and they need to be able to click on a link, so they can read the actual article themselves.
Take your information to your doctor, I would imagine that by now you are well armed with education for him to see. It is unfortunate, but I have noticed that a lot (not all) of doctors prescribing Suboxone just don't seem to know all that they should.

Enjoy your day,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Particular

Male

PostSubject: Re: Suboxone - Something Interesting I found   Suboxone - Something Interesting I found EmptyMon 02 Mar 2009, 11:54 am

This is the link to my source for the wiki, thanks for the info on posting Smile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thebaine <----Link for Wiki Source about Thebaine
Back to top Go down
Particular

Male

PostSubject: Re: Suboxone - Something Interesting I found   Suboxone - Something Interesting I found EmptyMon 02 Mar 2009, 12:07 pm

Another page that I went to which stated that Bupe was 20 to 30 times stronger than morphine, so I took the dose of 600 mg and divided it by 30, which came up to be 20 mg of bupe. For me it seemed to take 32, but I thought it was an interesting find. I'm sorry to be going on about this, I don't know why I need to try and find facts about this, I guess it's just part of who I am, I know none of this really matters, but it helps me for some reason bring my own sense of reason to why I had such a hard start on the suboxone. I think underlying this might be some serious anger becasue I really think I would have failed, and I would have put into my head that Suboxone wouldn't have worked for me if not for you telling me to take it the right way. Such a little thing almost deprived me of success, and I think I'm deeply bothered by it. Well this is why we write I suppose to help us work out our feelings.

Your Partner in Recovery
~Particular...
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Suboxone - Something Interesting I found   Suboxone - Something Interesting I found EmptyMon 02 Mar 2009, 10:58 pm

I can understand you feeling the way that you do. What if you wouldn't have known about this forum and just gave up?
But you did know about the forum and you didn't give up. You opened yourself up and took the advice offered, and made it though.
That's the important thing to remember, you made it. And you will continue to make it.
Deborah created the websites and forums to help people that needed help with their recovery, she wanted us all to have a place where we could come together and talk about what we need and how to get it.
I am so glad that you have made it here. I think that when the time comes you will be able to help someone just as you needed it at one time.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suboxone - Something Interesting I found   Suboxone - Something Interesting I found Empty

Back to top Go down

Suboxone - Something Interesting I found
Page 1 of 1