Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone! Empty
PostSubject: Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!   Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone! EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 1:04 pm

Dee this question is for you.
My insurance only covers suboxone for one year and that means I have to do a fast taper because I've been on it almost five months.
I heard from Blue there are programs I can apply for that will pay for my meds can you tell me what my options are? Please!!

I am really stressed, worried and scared that I will be screwed in seven months when my insurance stops covering my suboxone!

I won't be ready to get of suboxone is just seven short months. So I really need some help.

I talked to my doc yesterday and he says sometime medicaid approves a three to six month extension. But I probably won't get approved because medicaid payed three thousand dollars for my detox!

If I do get approved for three to six months I still don't think that is long enough. I know it takes longer than that for most people to solve their issues and learn the tools needed to stay sober after suboxone. I still have A LOT to work on. And I just feel like I won't be ready.

I want to be able to take suboxone as long as I need to not how long the insurance thinks I need. Sad

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!   Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone! EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 8:54 pm

Hey Jasmine,
Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. (Thanks blue Smile )
The makers of Suboxone do have the patient assistance program that you can apply for but with that program you will have to wait until you don't have the insurance. (the program is for up to one year of medication.)
In the meantime, I will do some checking and see if I can find some other options for you.

I know your worried but please try and find a way to not dwell on it. The more you think about it right now the more you are going to feel anxiety and become overwhelmed.
Try and keep yourself busy, do something that you like to do whether it be taking long walks with your little one, reading or even a hot bath.
Too much worrying can cause you to crave that familiar high. There is always a way to work through a problem we just have to find it okay.
Don't tell yourself you won't be ready in 6 months or even a year. That time is not here yet and you don't know what your situation will be by then.
How is your life now compared to what it was when you were using? Never thought you would be where you are today did you? None of us did. We all though we would be stuck in the same old rut, but miracles do happen and you are one of those miracles.
You would be surprised and what you can do.
One thing to start thinking about is a small taper. The thought is scary. But what is 1mg? If you could lower your dose by even 1mg, it is a start.
I know before you said that you were having withdrawal at 16mg. But right now you are 8mg away from 16mg. That is a big jump. One month 24mg, the next month 23 mg.

If you start now, it could very well be that your provider could tell the powers that be if needed that you are tapering.
The decision is always supposed to be between the provider and the patient. Period.
I am trying to find the guidelines for your state. Give me a little bit of time and I will see what I can find okay.
Try and get some rest and peace. Think about a nice snowfall and the peace and quiet that comes along with it. When it does finally snow go out and teach your little one to make snow angels. He will have a blast.

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

PostSubject: Re: Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!   Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone! EmptySun 16 Dec 2012, 12:25 pm

Thank you Dee!
I will try to stop worrying about it so much.
And I will spend some time with my son!
I play with him every day. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!   Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone! EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 12:45 pm

Hey Dee. Just wondering if you found any other options to help me with my suboxone?
I saw my doc today and he says the here to help program only allows the physician to have 3 patients in there program and they have 3 and a waiting list that is miles long!
So I was just wondering if you found any other options.
Thanks Dee.

-Jazz
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!   Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone! EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 1:29 pm

Jasmine, I haven't had a chance yet as this is Monday. I can't do any calling on the weekends as everyone is closed. Your provider is right. But remember, the program only lasts for a year so those people that are on it now, won't be on it when your time comes. If you are able to get the extension that would put you at a year is that right. Your provider needs to make a note that once your times near to place your name in reservation somewhere that he won't forget about it.
Also there is something else that you can think about. It does involve you paying for medication but if your doctor would switch you over to Subutex you would be able to get the generic at a fraction of the cost of regular Suboxone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!   Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone! EmptyMon 17 Dec 2012, 1:47 pm

Thanks Dee sorry to bug you. There are 2 people ahead of me on the list so I would have to wait 7 almost 8 years for the Here To Help. And that's not an option lol.
I have lowered my dose 2 mg. (1 mg at a time over the past week) I am still feeling great as absolutely no wd symptoms. You guys were right! 16 ad 24 mgs are way apart! I was having wry MILD and when I say mild I mean mild. Just a little sweating as minimal craving at 16 mg. I was actually surprised my doctor raised it a whole 8mg. So I hae been lowering it down until I get to a dose where I'm uncomfortable and then stay at the next highest dose where I am comfortable.
Thanks for your advice! Right now I can save 15-20 strips a month and when I get to a even lower dose (I am hoping to be at this lower dose by 2 months from now) Ill be able to save 30-40 (out of 90) strips a month! Tha is again for your advice about lowering it 1mg at a time! It really isn't a big difference. I sure don't feel any different.
I also wanted to tell you guys that I started my adderall (for my ADHD) and I am able to finally concentrate on things. When I first started I was at a dose higher than I needed to be (30mg) the lowest dose is 10mg. So I asked my do to put me omthe lower dose and have me try it again. And I am so happy! I can finally sit still! I can read a book and actually remember what I read a half hour later! I can start cleaning in one room and actually finish in that room before moving on to the next! I can hold a conversation and not bounce around from subject to subject. I can actually stay on track! It's great!

Anyways have a blessed day Dee!
And everyone else reading this.

Thanks for your help Dee!

-Jasmine

Last edited by HappilyJasmine on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!   Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone! EmptyTue 15 Jan 2013, 6:36 am

Hey Dee, I was wondering if you figured anything out about the programs. It's been a while since I've asked figured now might be a good time! Smile
No rush though I was just wondering because I can't do the Here To Help thing. Each doc is only allowed 2 patients on the here to help program where they pay for your sub and they've got a waiting list a mile long. So any other programs you find out about I appreciate it! Smile

I was reading back and you had mention paying for meds, but a cheaper option. I would not mind switching to subtext and paying since it is so much cheaper, but my doctor absolutely will NOT prescribe subtex! He's too afraid of diversion of the suboxone. So that's not really an option for me. Boo.

I really hope you are able to find other programs in my state that will help me with this! Ps I'm in Michigan, don't know if I ever soecifically told you that or not, but I am telling you now lol.

Have a blessed day!

Much love. I love you
XOXOXOXOXOXO

I love you - Jasmine
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!   Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone! EmptyTue 15 Jan 2013, 11:11 am

I'm sorry Jasmine, I did forget. I apologize. For here to help , doctors are allowed to have up to 3 patients. The program for each patient is only 1 year. I know that doesn't help much either because you would still be waiting at least a year to get on.

If you got an exception, how long would that give you? I wonder if you could get some type of prescription insurance. Something that you would have to pay for but may be cheaper than paying for Suboxone.
Like with me, I am on medicare but have part D for prescriptions. I just switched over to a new plan that I have to pay for. But I'd rather pay for it, then loose it.
Let's check into that.

"Google" private prescription insurance make some calls and see what comes up. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!   Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone! EmptyTue 15 Jan 2013, 11:19 am

I'd still have to go without until the here to help had an opening. Sad And if I get the extension that gives me another 3-6 months depending on how much they approve me for IF they approve me.

I never thought about that! Have a prescription insurance may be cheaper!

It's ok tha you forgot we've got a bit of time. Like I said before not in a big rush. I was just wondering. Thank you! (: can you find out the Medicaid prior auth extensions in my state and what they consider to decide if you get an extension or not? I just don't know where to start looking and you're very knowledgeable with this kind of stuff! Smile
Thank you so much Dee!

Much Love! I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!   Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone! EmptyTue 15 Jan 2013, 7:00 pm

Jasmine,
That is actually what I was just now trying to do, look that stuff up. I couldn't find anything on when they cut you off. Who was it that said it? Your doctor or did you talk to someone from Medicaid?
Here is what I did find in regards to Suboxone and as you can see it isn't very much. But it is a start. It is the State of Michigan department of medicaid/health website.

https://druglookup.fhsc.com/druglookupweb/pages/unsecured/druglookup/drugInformation.jsf#
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!   Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone! EmptyTue 15 Jan 2013, 9:31 pm

I talked to someone from Medicaid. They're the ones who told me that after 1 year my prior authorization will no longer be approved. Though my doctor can request an extension. (That's the 3-6 months) But after that that is it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!   Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone! Empty

Back to top Go down

Scared my insurance is gonna stop paying for my suboxone!
Page 1 of 1