Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
christin

12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl Empty
PostSubject: 12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl   12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl EmptyTue 11 May 2010, 9:12 pm

Hello my name is Christine.... About 12 days ago I began my road to recovery ( I hope) I first want to mention I was on 90 mg. of methadone and wanting to keep going up on my dose .. I had read about the suboxone over and over and decided when I got myself together I would try it, well 7 years as a heroin addict and a prositute in cinccinnati ohio in and out of jail , prison and shelters I met a good man that actually had the patience to deal with my SH*T and got me together , he took me in to his home and got me a job with him doing light maintnance work he took me daily to the methadone clinic and stuck it out through all my mood swings.. but he also always kept telling me how very badly he wanted to see me sober I explained to him that I did'nt know the girl in me that was sober and he did'nt either, he may not like her, she's quiet and scared , so many problems in life I never dealt with would arouse in my mind... I would for sure die..... Well first off I will say I took the suboxone too soon you have to detox down to around 30 mg. of methadone in my system- methadone is some nasty sh*t it stays in your bones and in your fatty tissue- detox is a f***ing b**ch but one year of methadone at a clinic and I had had enough---- anyway the point is I was in withdrawl real bad from having too much methadone in my system so I had to go 3 days without sh*t - and I havent gone hours without having a drug in my body for Years --- point is I got through it- I thought of going to the clinic and I fought real hard to stay focused- couldnt have done it without my partner he really did lay down the rules- I usually get what I want but he made sure he kept me away from anything that would trigger but he got me out of the house so that I did'nt dwell in my missery. 12 days latter now I can take 2 suboxone a day, its a lot diffrent than methadone- I dont get that high feeling anymore- and I will say I do miss it- probably always will - but I also know in my heart i want to know me for once, I hope as the days go on being sober I will find the long lost girl in me .... sure is a diffrent life ou here sober. good luck to everyone - it is possible- I have been through hell and back and you can do it.

Last edited by nannamom on Tue 11 May 2010, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : eliminate partial swearing)
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: 12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl   12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl EmptyTue 11 May 2010, 9:57 pm

12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl Grn_fr10

Hi Christine
My name is Dee and I am one of the moderators of the forum. I am also the director of our Suboxone Assisted Treatment website.
It is a pleasure to have you with us.
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.
I have been a Suboxone patient for four years. Before I started taking Suboxone I was also a MMT patient for four years. I have to say that if I hadn't started taking Methadone when I did. I surely would have died from an overdose.
I know there are a lot of mixed feelings out there about both Methadone and Suboxone. I support both. I advocate for both.
The way I see it is that Methadone is not simply substituting one drug for another any more that Suboxone is.
Whichever drug you take to help you manage your addiction is only complete if you are attending some type of counseling along with your treatment.

If you were only told that you had to go down to 30mg of Methadone before starting Suboxone, you were only told the half of it. After you taper down to the 30mg of Methadone you have to stop taking it for at least 72 hours before starting Suboxone, that is what caused your sudden withdrawal.
Christine, the minute you started Methadone you were in recovery. If it stopped you from using Heroin, and other street drugs or un prescribed prescription drugs, it did what it was supposed to do.
I know about detox from Methadone, when I switched over to Suboxone I was off Methadone for one month before starting Suboxone. It was the month from hell. But I like you, made it.

In reading your story I can tell that you are a strong woman, you can make it and you can go far. I urge you to get into some type of counseling program and stick with it. You need to start to deal with the emotional baggage that comes along with addiction.
You are not a bad person so don't ever let anyone tell you that you are.
Just because we are addicts that doesn't make us bad. Yes, we all have made some bad decisions along the way but if we were in our right frame of mind we never would have done what we did.
It would be great if you would take a minute to register for the forum. We'd like it if you would stick around.
If I have offended you by anything I have said, it wasn't intentional.
I hope to hear from you again soon.
As moderator I have to let you know that I have had to edit your above post a little bit. Our administration has a rule against swearing on the forum. So I had to doctor the cussing part of your post. I hope you understand.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: 12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl   12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl EmptyWed 12 May 2010, 4:52 pm

Hi Christine, My name is Cathy and I am just dropping by to introduce myself. I see you already met our fantastic Dee. I been on Suboxone for 18 months now and I am so thankful for this medication. It has turn my life around.

I hope you will stick around and I hope you will give Suboxone and recovery a chance. We have all done things in active addiction that we regret. But how I look at it is that we been blessed to get a chance for a "do over". Not alot of people get that chance.

I hope your day is going well for you. Welcome to the forum.

Cathy 12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl   12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl Empty

Back to top Go down

12 days on suboxone after 90 mg of methadone and 7 years heroin street girl
Page 1 of 1