Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need help & I am scared

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

I need help & I am scared - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Nov 2012, 10:47 am

Wow what a jerk. Like Blue said he was taking advantage of your kindness. Next time he comes in make sure you out your foot down with him!
At least you guys have jobs. Smile I lost mind when I was inactive addiction and cannot seem to find another one in this messed up town that I live in! It's horrible!
Happy thanksgiving to you both and have a blessed day! Yes blue we sure do have a lot to be thankful for! Smile
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Nov 2012, 11:26 am

Oh, honey, I'm sorry you lost your job Mad

I certainly wish you luck to find something soon Smile
What type of work do you do, if you don't mind me asking ?

I'm cooking pumpkin pies right now and the house smells sooo good!!!
I usually have Thanksgiving here but this year my SIL is hosting so
I miss the turkey smell but I'm substituting with pumpkin pie aroma which is OK !!
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Nov 2012, 2:09 pm

Oh Jasmine, I'm so sorry. These are very tough times enough for you. If you don't mind, in a day or few (when the black Friday weekend has passed, I'd like to PM you with a bit of advice. It's nothing pushy, just something that has helped me a lot during this process that I think may be beneficial to you. I'm not sure if I mentioned in my previous post that I am a believer in "The Law of Attraction". if you get a chance...Google it. I have a very simple exercise that will help you not only remain positive, but help attract good things in your life. It can attract people, love, a job, even a materialistic item. This exercise has brought me my car, a new kitchenette set i wanted, great employees (I'm about to do it again for a new employee) & believe it or not...this very site. Its not a belief system..it's scientific

It's like gravity...you don't have to believe in it, but once you step of a that building...you're going down!

I do hope you have a great Thanksgiving & as soon as I can, I will send you the exercise & you can see if it's something you may want to try.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Nov 2012, 2:34 pm

It was a crappy job anyways. I went to school for nursing. I was taking care of a whole family for the pay of taking care of one person. It seemed as soon as I came around and started helping out their mother/grandmother they all stopped doing housework! And it was all put on me!
Yes Rae I wold be very interested in those exercises. Please send them to me when you get the chance. I'd really appreciate it. Smile
And thank you Blue. Smile
I have been looking for a job for two months now and can't seem to find one. I know that I failed a drug test. Because I am on adderall and it comes up as amphetamines. :/ But they wouldn't listen to me when I tried to explain.
Some people just think that they are so much better than us recovering addicts. But really we are no different!
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptyFri 23 Nov 2012, 7:07 pm

I am also very interested in hearing more about "The Law of Attraction"

When you have time send me a PM ...

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving !!!!
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySat 24 Nov 2012, 9:16 am

I have a few minutes, so I just wanted to check in. Yesterday was "Black Friday" (the day I was most fearful of) It was rough, but I made it through. My store did well! We reached a record high in sales! I'm very thankful my friend & husband were really there for me. I only got 3 hours of sleep the night before. I couldn't fall asleep until about midnight (I think it was anxiety). I was up @ 3:30am & at my store by 5am. We opened at 6am. By 10:30 I felt so sick. I was having what felt like withdrawal symptoms (I'm only on 2 mg of sub) Fortunately, I was able to take a nap on my couch in my office for a couple of hours. My friend insisted I go home, but I really wanted to be there for my employees especially since we were so busy. My employees know I am on a new medicine, they just don't know what. We were open till 7pm. But I actually ended up firing one of my employees yesterday because she was 2 hours late. She said she read the schedule wrong, but this girl has been a problem for me since I hired her 2 months ago. Fortunately, my wonderful husband came to the store again at 4:30 & told me to go home, he'll take care of everything. GOD I LOVE HIM. I siaked in a hot tub & just layed around for the rest of the night. I feel much better this morning, so I'll be going in again today.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving & yes, I have A LOT to be thankful for (including everyone on this site!).

I will definitely send both of you, blue & jasmine a PM on the "Law of Attraction", but it may be a long one, so I'll have to have a bit more time. I promise it'll be no later than Sunday. I am happy to share since it is a positive prospective on how to attract good things in life.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySat 24 Nov 2012, 9:25 am

Is there any way you can take more than 2mg a day ?
That's not a whole lot to be on to make sure your not in withdrawal or craving anything.

I know they only gave you some to cover you untill you have your appointment.

I'm glad you made it through Friday. I know how worried you were, even before you started
this !
Anyway, it's behind you and you can relax !!!

Thanks for taking the time to write out the PM for us - I cannot wait to read about this !

Blue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySat 24 Nov 2012, 1:44 pm

Yes I also think you should be on more than 2mg a day! That seems so low since I am on 24mg a day!
I am glad you made it through black Friday okay!
It's good to hear that your store did well! I'm very happy for you.
You are very lucky to have your friends and husband there to help you!
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 10:30 am

Good Morning! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I felt good yesterday & I'm feeling pretty good this mornig as well. I feel happy & positive, but on a physical scale, I'm not feeling that great. Tomorrow will be 1 week since I left detox. I'm still only on 2mg because I haven't seen my new sub dr yet for a regualr appt. I will see him tomorrow & I hope he ups my dose a little. I don't think I'll need a large increase. I do have cravings, chills, muscle aches, cold sweats still, but they are bearable (some days not so bearable). I will discuss this with my dr tomorrow. i think I'll ask if we can increase 2mgs more for a week to see how I do with that. I'll keep you posted.

As for "The Law of Attraction", I will PM anyone who is intersted in hearing about it. I don't want to put it on a public post because I may give a little too much personal info in my explanations, so I'd like to share it on a personal level.

I'm excited about sharing it! Not only will it be very helpful to those who utilize it, but because I know it works, I feel like I am able to give something in return to the wonderful people on this site that has helped me so much through this tough time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 10:56 am

I'm glad that they have helped you so much. They have helped me quite a bit also!
Glad to hear you're staying positive and feeling okay mentally. Smile

As for the physical symptoms. Those are definitely wd symptoms as I'm sure you know lol.
And it sounds like you REALLY need a dose increase.
Suboxone, when you're on the right dose, should take away all cravings and wd symptoms.

And I can't wait to read more about the law of attraction. Whenever you get to sending that pm I'm excited to read it! No rush. I know you're busy!

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! Hope they increase your dose. And stabilize you.

Smile Have a wonderful day!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 11:21 am

I also wanted to say congratulations on being 1 week sober! It may not seem very long. But it is in my eyes! It's hard to do and especially since you're on such a low dose!

Good for you Rae.
I am proud of you! And happy for you!
And I have faith in you staying sober for the rest of your life!

-Jaz
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 1:37 pm

Thank you for that Jaz! It really made me smile Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 2:22 pm

No problem Rae! Anytime!
Glad I could make you smile! Smile
That is what we are here for!

Thanks for the info on the "law of attraction" I've already made a list! Smile
I really appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 4:12 pm

I am so excited about the "Law of Attraction" !!!
I bought a book on my Kindle by the same name "Law of Attraction" yesterday.

I made a mental list so far. But will write it out in a bit.
It all makes total sense to me though.
And what's odd is, I think it's closely linked to our recovery, to being on Suboxone.
I've read where people wean off and have no withdrawal because they didn't
dwell on it and while others were freaking out about and worried about throughout
there whole recovery and sure enough they DID have a bad reaction with
bad withdrawal when they stopped.
It's all in our minds !!!!!

This is huge for me !!!

Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 4:34 pm

I am so glad you chose to receive this information! It is true, we can have some control of what happens in our lives. Bad things can occur, but it's our perception & the lessons the universe teaches us that keeps us going. It's a choice to embrace these lessons & therefore we choose to turn lemons into lemonade! I hope you continue to read up on "The Law of Attraction" and I hope it serves you well for the rest of your life!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 8:38 pm

Hey Blue, I downloaded the same book on my kindle too lol.
And yes I also believe it is linked with our recovery! I have noticed the more I dwell on the bad things the worse it gets.
But recently I have been trying to stay positive and things are starting to look up.

Rae, thanks again for sending me the info! I really appreciate it!
I made a list for my job today. (:
And I got a call today for a job that I applied to online a couple months ago. Sure enough they'd like to meet me in person to look over my résumé and talk to me. And have me meet the person that I'd be taking care of!
She apologized for calling on a weekend and She explained why it took so long, that she has been taking care of her mother herself and hasn't had time to call the applicants to get more info. She said that mine had stuck out to her and for some reason felt like today was the day to call!

I am so unbelievably happy right now! I was just telling you guys about how I needed a job.

One quick question Rae. Can you make more than one list at a time? Or should you wait?

Thanks again for being here for me guys!
And thanks AGAIN Rae. Smile

Last edited by HappilyJasmine on Sun 25 Nov 2012, 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 8:43 pm

I also got a letter in the mail about another job I put my app in online and never sent them my résumé via email. They liked my job history and "about me" section of the app and want me to bring my resume in person! I know the mail was already sent but I got it the day I made the list. BUT I would not have gotten it if my neighbor didn't walk it over to me. Try put it in the wrong mailbox!
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 10:31 pm

GREAT!!!! I am soooo happy for you Jaz!! And yes, you can have as many lists as you like. The improtant thing is: when writing your list, be sure that you are focussed strictly on that particular list. Don't let your mind wander onto what you want to put on another list. If you find yourself doing just that, bring yourself back to focus on the list on front of you. I've had as many as 5 lists at a time!

I can't tell you how happy I am for you! Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Nov 2012, 10:43 pm

Thank you! Smile
That means I'm gonna start another list lol.

There a couple things in life that I need. And a few things that I want.
I am really excited for this job! I have had a job as an in-home nurse before and it wasn't so great. Like I said before I didn't just take care of her I took care of the whole family! The woman, Linda, that I talked to this afternoon told me it was just going to be her mother I'm taking care of in her own house. That seems better for me than what i had before.

And the other job was at a doctors office. I think I am most excited for this one, the pay is better!!! Lol. But the chances of me getting it aren't as high. I'm sure they have more than 15 applicants like Linda lol.

Anyways thanks for answering my question Rae. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Nov 2012, 7:47 am

Hello Ladies,

I MADE MY LIST !!!
The words just kept flowing and I kept going, like it was natural that I did this !

I feel so good about it !
I won't tell you YET what it's about. But WHEN it happens, I will.

Jaz, I can't believe we both got the same book ! How funny is that!!!
It's MEANT to be. We were all meant to come together with a common
interest and help each other in ways beyond my expectations.

Have a great day everyone !

Blue
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Nov 2012, 8:50 am

That is great that you are reading up on "The Law of Attraction" I highly recommend downloading to your kindle "The Secret" by Rhonda Burnes. Or you can rent the DVD. I mentioned before that my husband & I watch this & it really gets us motivated. But "The Secret" is passed on from person to person, as a matter of fact, I actually bought 20 of these DVD's and handed them out to people who needed them. Some people I handed to I knew, some where customers or stangers. Also, on Facebook if you like "The Secret" you'll get a daily affirmation from Rhonda Burnes that is both inspirational & quite comforting. I just wanted to share that, I hope you give it a try Smile

And Blue, it's ok not too mention what your list is for, but make sure the reason is not because you are waiting to see "IF" it works. "KNOW" it works...therefore it will Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Nov 2012, 10:57 am

Yes blue it does seem like that! I felt very drawn to this site from day 1! Like I was supposed to come to it. Like I was meant to be here and I was meant to meet you guys!
I am so thankful for you all being here for me and everybody else who may need you! And I am very thankful for this forum!
Have a great day too Blue!

I looked for "The Secret" and I am going to order it asap!
I looked up a few other things and have been reading a lot about "the law of attraction"!
It's all so amazing! I never knew you actually could control what happens to you in your life!
Rae, do you know a good place to buy the book "the secret"?

Thank you for showing me this Rae!

Thanks to the people who created this forum and everybody on it who has helped me. Smile
And thank you both, Blue and Rae, for being here! Smile
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Nov 2012, 7:51 pm

And thank you to Jaz! Everyone has been so amazing on this site! I honestly feel I have a new family. I look forward to reading your posts & seeing how you are doing.

I believe you can buy the book at any book store. It's quite popular. Try Barnes & Noble or Ebay. You can get it for $5.99 on Ebay here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Secret-by-Rhonda-Byrne-2006-Hardcover-/370697575260?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item564f4c1b5c

It's very inspirational. I can't wait to hear how "The Law of Attraction" has helped you, please keep me posted.

Thank You for being there for me Jaz, Blue, & Nanamom. You are all such an important part of my life & recovery. I pray that Karma will take care of you & bring you great things!
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Nov 2012, 8:06 pm

Rae,
Trust me, I KNOW it's going to happen. Things are going on already in my life that proves it to me.
I just didn't think I was suppose to talk about it.

I will look into "The Secret" - Let me ask a question - that's a book and a movie?
I'm a little confused about that part.

I really feel much more confident that I'm where I should be in my life right now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Nov 2012, 9:22 pm

Well I ordered "The Secret" today!! I should have it by the day after tomorrow. I can't wait to read it!
After I found out you could have more than one list I made a couple more. And I do KNOW that these things WILL happen. There is no doubt in my mind. Smile

Have a good night both of you.

I'll check in tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help & I am scared   I need help & I am scared - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

I need help & I am scared
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next