Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?

Go down 
+3
samigirl56
bfye
nannamom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? Empty
PostSubject: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? EmptyTue 08 Sep 2009, 11:28 pm

How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? Bluear10

Hello Everyone,
I wanted to check in with you and ask you a question.
Also how much is your doctor charging you for your visits.
Are you required to attend counseling as a condition to getting your medication?

For me, being a psychiatrist my Suboxone provider charges by the hour. I see her once a month.
I believe the visit averages around 190.00 but being on Medicaid I know that is not what she gets when I see her as Medicaid has a cap on what they will pay a doctor.
The pharmacy that I use charges, $534.00 for 70 tablets.

As compared to what other doctors charge I know that I am not paying as much as other patients are having to pay for their treatment. I'd like to put together a chart of what doctors and pharmacies are charging these days. So If you will help me out here I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Dee

Last edited by nannamom on Tue 26 Jan 2010, 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 2:53 pm

How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? Th_dol10

Hi Dee,
I am glad that you asked this question- as you can probably see, my opinion is that it's all about the money, honey!! That is why I have chosen to respond in GREEN, as that's mainly how I feel about my previous Suboxone doctors. I was seeing a psychatrist also. Her monthly visits weren't too bad after the initial induction. She charged me $87.50 per visit, knowing that I didn't have any health insurance. Yet, she was still able to make up for that low of a cost to see her by requiring me to also see "her" counselors before I could receive my script. Those sessions were exactly 45 minutes long for $145.00 weekly. As well as paying for any random UAs, which ran around $100.00. Then, to pay for the Suboxone itself costs me $6.00 per tab. So to pickup my entire script at once would cost $540.00 monthly. How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? Icon_mad It is disgusting to me that you can fill over 100 Vicodins for under thirty bucks, but to get off of them is completely outragous financially! It just does not seem right to me, that's for sure!! But I hope that this has helped answer your question regarding these out of this world expensive medication costs. I hope that when RB's patent runs out in October that some other companies will jump on the band wagon & get us a generic version available... How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? Suspect Or a RB will go ahead & do that by themselves. Either way would benefit so many people struggling to remain on it!!
As I said though, right now I think that it is all about the money! $$$$$$$$$$$ How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? Icon_idea
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? EmptyWed 09 Sep 2009, 2:58 pm

By the way, I hurried up & sent that opinion of mine, but forgot to mention who I was that had sent it.... How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? Icon_rolleyes
Yours,
B How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? Herz
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? EmptyThu 10 Sep 2009, 12:16 am

Hi Dee, My Suboxone provider is also a psychiatrist. Medicade also covers the cost of my treatments. I am not sure how much the psyschiatrist is out of pocket but I only pay $3.00 a month for the Suboxone or else it would be $661 a month. I had to go to two groups a week as part of my treatment plan which was $0 for me but $150 per group session out of pocket. I also see a counsler once a month at $0 for me not sure of out of pocket. As you can see the State of NY has great coverage. Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
dbrandon3

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? EmptySat 12 Sep 2009, 11:39 am

I was on financial assistance for suboxone and got it completley free for a year from the company. I went to renew my application and they said you can only be on the program for a year and am now having to pay for it out of pocket. Does anybody know why they changed it to a year instead of 2 years?
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? EmptySat 12 Sep 2009, 10:15 pm

Hello dbrandon,
It is good to see you posting. To answer your question about the Patience Assistance Program. To be honest with you, I wasn't aware that in the beginning you were allowed to be on the program for up to two years. I can give you the phone number for the program and maybe you can ask them that question.
They are available Monday -Friday 9a.m.-5p.m. and are closed on weekends and holidays.
Their phone number is: 1-866-512-2216
Please if you should call them let us know what you find out.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? EmptyWed 16 Sep 2009, 12:01 pm

I am totally amazed if not dissapointed.
We have over 200 members on this forum and out of all the members only TWO other members other than myself answered that question.
What is going on here? When all of you joined this forum, I thought it was because you WANTED, to become an active member.
So am I to assume that everyone else is receiving their medication for free?
Come on everyone, lets hear from you.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
taylor49

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? EmptyMon 25 Jan 2010, 4:32 pm

I am very lucky. My insurance pays for my doctor visit. I do have to pay a $50.00 fee every time I go for the therapist. I must go every 2 weeks. My prescription cost me a co-pay of $6.30.

Sincerely,
Taylor
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 1:04 am

Thank you taylor.
I am glad to hear that you are able to get your medication and that your insurance pays for it. This medication has done so much for so many people it is a shame that so many people can't afford it.
I am fortunate enough to live in a state where my state insurance pays for my medication except for a 3.00 co-pay. It pays for my Suboxone provider office visits and my counselor as well.
I fell so blessed.
Dee
Back to top Go down
Deanna

Female
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-01-18

PostSubject: Re: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 2:00 am

Myself now has insurance so I have copays that are $3.00 for my meds..suboxone included. I pay no copays at doctors visits. I know when I first started on suboxone my very first prescription I had no insurance, I was absolutely shocked as to what the price was. My prescription was for 15 pills cause we wanted to make sure it was the right med for me. I paid $198.00 for 15 pills!!! I was so glad I did not have a full script to pay for. You figure at that time if I had a full script, it would have come to $780.00. I'm pretty sure here, it averages out to $13 a pill. It really has a crazy ring to it... people break themselves to use and people with no insurance that need suboxone..break themselves to stay clean. Just my crazy thought How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? Icon_tongue
Back to top Go down
Angeleye

PostSubject: Re: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 5:52 pm

Wow,I wish I didnt have to pay so much-I pay $100.00 for the doctor visit,and $795.00 for the suboxone! Which is why I was on methadone before this-alot cheaper,although I regret being on it for the simple fact of when I detoxed off of it,I had to be hospitalized due to my heartrate speeding up,and my blood pressure being sky rocket high,not to mention I looked and felt herrific. I can barely afford to be on the Suboxone as it is,and all of our other bills pile up because of this.Im blessed to have a husband who financially pays all of this without saying one word about the costs.Oh,and Im new here,too by the way and am so glad to have found all of you angels! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 11:23 pm

How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? Daydre10

Hi Angel,
It's great to have you hear with us. Have you tried to get on the Patient Assistance Program that is offered by Reckitt Benckiser, the manufacturer of Suboxone.
The program is for current Suboxone patients who have little or no income. And no health insurance. If you qualify for the program you are only allowed to be on it for up to one year, but that would give you some time to get caught up on some bills or maybe see about getting some insurance to help you pay for your medication.
Also do you know if you qualify for any type of State insurance in the state that you live in? In a lot of states Medicaid will pay for Suboxone. Some states will not pay for Substance Abuse Treatment, but they will pay for the actual prescription. Makes no sense I know, but unfortunately that is the way it is.
If you would like more information on the Patient Assistance Program you can visit this area of our Suboxone Assisted Treatment Website. http://suboxoneassistedtreatment.org/84.html
I almost forgot to introduce myself to you. My name is Dee and I am the manager of the forum. I have been a Suboxone patient for four years and I am like many other people who take Suboxone. Grateful and happy to be alive.
If you have any questions or just feel like saying hi, you are more than welcome. When your up to it and feel comfortable enough we would like to hear more about you. Feel free to post your story in the Suboxone Stories area of the forum.
Barbara Rue and Beth should be along shortly to say hello to you as well along with some of our other members.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
MarkHelpsAll

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? EmptyMon 27 Sep 2010, 1:49 am

I live in Ohio which was one of the few states that did not have a high risk insurance pool until they were forced to this year with the health care bill. I was paying out of pocket for my Suboxone at 90 tabs per month !!

I know its easier said than done but the first day they opened just 5,000 spots for high risk insurance I got my application packet in and got approved !!

Now, I am paying $280 a month but it is decent insurance and they cover my entire 90 tab script for just $40. Not only that but the doc I found for just $100 a month takes their insurance and I now pay only a $30 copay for the monthly visit.

IN other words, I am now saving about $500 a month by paying for my high risk insurance.

When I was researching the high risk insurance I found that quite a few states do have it available. I am sure coverage and cost varies widely and I did my homework before buying but I would bet that for just about anybody paying cash for suboxone treatment, the monthly payment for insurance would be less.

Mine covered doct visits right away as long as they were in network and I just had to meet a $150 pharm deductible before the $40 copay kicked in. I got just enough Suboxone filled cash pay to use up the $150 and was even able to get the balance of the script, about 35 pills filled at just $40

Ohio MIGHT still be open for applicants, I don't know but all states were required to offer a high risk pool as part of the new health law so it might work for any of you out there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone?   How much are you having to pay for your Suboxone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1