Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need some advice please.....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Need some advice please..... Empty
PostSubject: Need some advice please.....   Need some advice please..... EmptyFri 23 May 2014, 7:26 pm

Hello old friends! I'm sorry it's been so long. I really don't know who else to talk to about this.....

I stopped my Suboxone 1mg on Tuesday because I need to have oral surgery on Thursday. I had my surgery & was given 7.5 mg Norco. So far I've taken 7.5mg @:

Thursday 1:30pm
Thursday 7:30pm

Woke up at 3:30am in withdrawals but didn't take any until today,

Friday 5:30am
Friday 12:00pm
Friday 6:30pm

I've decided not to take any more so I can start my sub again tomorrow. My Dr. said I have to wait 24 hours?!? He then said, I should go by how I feel, it doesn't necessarily have to be 24 hours. I didn't take a lot of the Norco. I still have a few left over, but I don't want to take them. I need to be back on the subs & able to work long hours out of town on Sunday & Monday.

I read online some people only wait 12 hours. That would be ideal but I'm scared of Precipitated Withdrawal. I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience & can share some insight. How uncomfortable should I feel before I start the sub again? Plus, he said I should start off with 1/2mg then wait 8 hours for the other half (which is exactly what I was doing before this). I'm so frustrated & confused. I'm supposed to work tomorrow to get prepared for Sunday & Monday work, so the sooner I can take the sub, the better.

Thank you for being there for me.....

-Rae

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice please.....   Need some advice please..... EmptySat 24 May 2014, 6:38 pm

Rae,
I apologize, I wish I would have seen this sooner. What was the reason for having you stop your suboxone? Was it so that you could take the norco? If so, you could have kept taking your subs. When taking something for acute pain such as a tooth extraction you can keep taking a low dose of suboxone while taking the pain medication without going into withdrawal.

By now you are probably already started back on your medication.
Let us know how your doing.
Again, I do apologize for not seeing this sooner. I hope all is well with you.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice please.....   Need some advice please..... EmptyTue 27 May 2014, 10:52 am

That's alright...I made it through. I was put under for my extraction & the dentist would not treat me while I was on suboxone. It wasn't a simple tooth extraction either. I have about 10 years of experience in the dental field, so I could tell by looking at my x-ray that the tooth would most likely need to be drilled out, not to mention it was split down separating the roots. So, I knew it was going to be quite invasive. I am back on the sub at 1mg. It was a rough start though. I'm VERY grateful I did not go into precipitated withdrawal (that was my biggest fear). I took my last Norco around 6pm on Friday & took .5 mg of sub at 9:30 & another .5mg at 5:30pm. I suffered from nausea & being dizzy for the first few days back on, but I'm feeling significantly better today. I'll be working on lowering my dose even more. I find just cutting back 1/8th of a strip at a time every other week (give or take), I don't suffer any discomfort.

I hope all is well with everyone! It was nice to hear from you!

-Rae
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice please.....   Need some advice please..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Need some advice please.....
Page 1 of 1