Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today Empty
PostSubject: Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today   Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today EmptySun 28 Dec 2008, 5:52 pm

Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today!
One often looks at the door closed behind them for so long, they fail to see the door opened in front of them

(Alexander Graham Bell)
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Mez

Mez

Female
Number of posts : 63
Humor : it's coming back.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today   Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today EmptyMon 29 Dec 2008, 5:26 am

Hi Dee, Thats a good one. I will write that in my journal tonight. I was just saying to Barbara that I got a journal but haven't written in it yet. So thats a good starting point. Thanks for your help with young Angus. I spoke to Neil about it and it was such a relief to hear that we have rights too from someone else. I said to Gus, 'all we really expect of you in this house, is to be spoken to with respect and we have every right to get that from you'. He mumbled an apology but today we have not heard one foul word from him and even a couple of thankyou's. So it's a start. He hates Neil and I having a vocal united front, but he has to get used to it.

How are you travelling, Dee? Is the suboxone helping with your injuries? Because of things like that it seems quite ok to stay on it instead of going on the painkiller merry go round again. Are you able to get around or is your mobility lessened because of the accident.

I hope you have a good Monday. I had a pretty crappy one today until I jumped on here and had a good feed. Take care. Love Mez. X
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today   Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today EmptyMon 29 Dec 2008, 12:55 pm

Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today Friend10

Bravo Mez,
Starting to write in your journal is a good way to enable you to get things out and down on paper that bother you. The good things too. My sister also keeps a journal, she has for many years. I have kept one as well. It helps me to be able to go back and see where I used to be and where I am now. Sometimes when I read it, I am ashamed at some of the things I did or thought in my using days. But I can learn from it as well.
I am glad that you and Neil have been able to discuss Angus together. I believe that as long as the two of you stand together and let him know (angus) your decisions are made together, he may come around. It sounds like he is.
Parents have many rights. Respectiing you and your home is one of them.
I am healing, it is a slow process, but a start. I don't presently have a car so I usually get around by city transportation or walk. I live close to everything. And what I don't live near the bus travels to. My only problem with walking right at the moment is that I have a full leg brace on the imobilize my knee. So if I had to hurry across the street, it wouldn't happen. Right now I am afraid to cross the street. As I was in a cross walk when I was hit. Some people that drive now a days. Are in too much of a hurry to get where they need to be, instead of allowing a few extra minutes like they should, they often wait until the last minute.
Even though my doctor has allowed me an extra sub a day for the pain, it does not help. They say that Suboxone can be used for mild to moderate pain. But so far, I don't know of many people that have had sucess in using it for pain. I have also been told that the Subutex can be used for pain. It is the same as Suboxone but it "DOES NOT" contain "Naloxone" the opiate blocker.
I'm glad that coming on here and paoting has made your day better. THat is why Deborah created this forum.
time to get my day going. I will be here off and on all day.
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today   Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today EmptyTue 30 Dec 2008, 3:09 am

Hi Dee. Thats a shame that the sub isn't too helpful for your injuries. It's good that you live close to everything. We have such a one sided view of the U.S it's only what we see in movies or T.V. So at the moment I'm picturing you in the real hustle and bustle of one of the places Woody Allen would use in one of his movies. I forget exactly where you live. I got hit by a car once when I was on my pushy coming home from work. Luckily it was only a minor hit, but knocking me off my bike really scared me and I haven't been on one since. You must be really nervous crossing anywhere near cars.

I hope your having a good day and the pain doesn't get you down too much. It's such a hard thing to have to live with day after day. Talk to you soon.

Mez. X
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today   Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today EmptyTue 30 Dec 2008, 9:10 am

Mez
I am in Vermont. Vermont is in New England in the North eastern part of the United States. I live in a very small town, where everyone knows who you are and what you have done. Suspect I will have to post pictures for you of the area.
It is beautiful here. Not far is the Mountain Killington which is a popular ski resort. I don't ski, but have tried snow boarding once. That is an experience I will have to tell you about one day.
Even though I don't live in a big town, I do live downtown, where it is busy. Cars whiz by you as if your not there. Sometimes I will now stand on the corner for what seems like ten minutes deciding weather or not I really want to cross. And I never go alone anymore. pale I'm sure that in time, the feeling of fear will somewhat go away. It is just going to take time, and right now I have time to wait.
Hope your day is good one.
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
Mez

Mez

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today   Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today EmptyTue 30 Dec 2008, 7:32 pm

Dee,

Your pictures are beautiful. You know i have NEVER seen snow in real life. I remember when I was about six years old a man drove to our school with a truck load of snow so we could all touch it and see what it was like. I certainly don't remember a Woody Allen movie with pics like that. You look lovely in your pic. It's so nice to put a face to the people I beleive in and who have helped me so much. Are they your children? I will have to get Neil or Gus to help me because I haven't got a clue how to even put together my own album.

I don't blame you for needing someone to be their with you when in traffic. There are just so many hoons around - do you call bad drivers that? Have a good day, Dee. I have to work tonight (New Years Eve) in a psychogeriatric unit. That will certainly put some gratitude into my day. Thanks for sharing your pics with us all.
Love Mez. X
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today   Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today EmptyFri 02 Jan 2009, 12:56 pm

Mez;
" hoons" is that what you call the bad drivers there?
Here we have another words for them but it is not very nice. LOL
I think I will adopt your name if you don't mind. I can hear myself now. " Hey you stupid hoon, get out of the road" LOL
Yes that does sound better.
Yes, those are my children in my album, my son Kris is 15 to be 16 in May and my daughter Kristina will be 18 in November.
They all grow up way too fast. I imagine I will be a grandmother one day. I can imagine myself rocking a grandbaby, but I won't rush the kids. I'd like for Kris to stay as he is now.
How was work? Is the psychogeriatric unit the same as an alzheimers unit? We have an alzhiemers unit where I work, when I go in to deliver the snack trays I have to be sure to lock the door behind me as they try to get out. It is really sad because the older people sit and cry and call their families. I get angry because it seems that not many people come to visit after they put their elderly in there. It is like they are forgotton, and some of our nurses can be mean and inpatient. It makes me wonder why they choose that type of work.
Have a good day and let me hear from you
Yours
Dee

Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today Dee_ab11 It says>>>> " The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body in each is different."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today   Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today Empty

Back to top Go down

Live for Tomorrow and Laugh for Today
Page 1 of 1