Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I start tomorrow

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tthibeault

tthibeault

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-03-21

I start tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: I start tomorrow   I start tomorrow EmptyWed 21 Mar 2012, 12:39 pm

Hi my name is Teri. I am addicted to percocet. I have been trying so hard to just stay clean and I do good for a few days the relapse. I have my first appointment tommorow with the Suboxone doctor locally. I have already cancelled the first appointment I had with him in fear of being labelled an addict. I guess thats what scares me the most but I am so tired of being sick when i am not using. I hope that this is something that will help me in the long run. Right now I feel so terrible it has been 2 days and I just want to feel good without using. Thanks for listening and I am really glad to be here to have the support of all of you!

Thank you pale
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

I start tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: I start tomorrow   I start tomorrow EmptyWed 21 Mar 2012, 5:08 pm

Hi Teri,
Many Welcomes!. My name is Dee and I am the manager of the forum. It is great to have you here with us.
I know it's scary not knowing what to expect. And that is what we are here for. If you have any questions what so ever, please don't hesitate to ask.
We have some great members who are willing to help.
One of our newest members just started Suboxone recently and I hope she will be along to share her experience with you.

Something I'd like to ask you if it's isn't being too personal. If I am just let me know.
How long have you been addicted to opiates? Have you tried any other methods before Suboxone? I ask because I am realizing that not enough doctors are explaining to their patients the dependence issue of Suboxone. Some people are not aware. There is nothing wrong with utilizing medication assisted treatment by no means it is what has saved my life. I just want you to be sure this is what you want.
Remember, we are here if you need us.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
tthibeault

tthibeault

Female

I start tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: I start tomorrow   I start tomorrow EmptyThu 22 Mar 2012, 8:45 am

Hi Dee,

Thank you for welcoming me. I have tried to do this all on my own basically becasue I kept it a secret for so long. It has been about two years since I started and the only thing I have tried is cold turkey which just makes me so sick i cant even get out of bed to function. I have also recently just started going to NA meetings which I enjoy but it doesnt seem to be enough its the cravings I cant get past.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

I start tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: I start tomorrow   I start tomorrow EmptyThu 22 Mar 2012, 9:13 am

What time is your appointment this morning? If you need any help please let me know. I am usually here of and on during the day. I bounce back and forth between working on the website and here. So I do check in regularly during the day.
I am sorry that you felt like you had to do this alone. Rest assured, your not alone now.

Have you thought about whether your going to be using Suboxone as a tool for detox or maintenance? Usually by the time people get to the point of using Suboxone they are tired and chose the maintenance route but it can be used for detox as well.
I think for me, the cravings were the worst part of my addiction too. I stopped using so many times, cold turkey, residential treatment, 7day detox you name it. If it was out there I tried it. I would always do so well for a time but it seemed like the cravings were always in the back of my head.
I'd gone to meetings too. Never did one on one counseling though which I think was a big mistake, never had the time. Or I should say, I never made the time.
This time around, I am in one on one counseling along with Suboxone and hopefully this will be my last time. It has to be. I don't have another round in me.
Let me know how it goes today. I'll be here.
Here for you,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
havehope17

havehope17

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-03-15

I start tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: I start tomorrow   I start tomorrow EmptyThu 22 Mar 2012, 11:29 am

Hi Teri,
I started my suboxone 4 days ago. I too was scared, not knowing what to expect, will it work? Will the dr look at me as an "addict"? Well, you are going in for sub, so the dr. knows you NEED help. That is what they are there for and will be MORE THAN WILLING to help you. My dr is great, he spends at least 30 minutes with me as a support approach, gives me certain "tools" to work with, things to think about as to why and what is causing my 18 year addiction to Norcos. I went in high on Norcos, and I was honest with him when he asked when the last time I used was. He explained to me to wait 12 hours since my last dose to start my sub, so I did. I took 2MG at 6 am and 2MG at 8 am, 2MG at 4 pm and then 2 MG at 6 pm for the first 2 days. The w/ds were gone, but the MENTAL ADDICTION was not. Even on day 4, I have cravings. I have easy access to my DOC, but I need to do this.
Dont be scared, you will feel SO much better on suboxone, but try to get other support as well, whether it be a family memeber, this forum or NA meetings. My husband does not know of my problem, it has been a LOOOOONG time secret, but I have this forum and my parents who are supporting me, texting me DAILY to see how I am doing.
If you have any questions, please dont hesistate to reach out. We are all here for the same reason and can help each other!!!
Good luck and keep me updated on how you do!
Stephanie
Back to top Go down
tthibeault

tthibeault

Female

I start tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: I start tomorrow   I start tomorrow EmptyFri 23 Mar 2012, 8:29 am

Thank you both so much. Yesterday went really well the doctor was great. He explained that these are also very addicting but when I am strong enough or feel that I can do it without them to just let him know and we will ween off them slowly. He said it is all up to me.

I guess I expected to be looked down upon becasue I am an addict but it was very different everyone was awesome. He gave me the name of a counselor in the area that he highly recommends I see. Im not really sure of that but I may try it. I do like the NA meetings so I will also continue going to those.

The funny thing yesterday was I had to go to 3different pharmacys to fill the script and it was like chasing the pills all over again but it was for my own prescribed medicine so I joked about that with my mom which made us laugh. It was almost more difficult to get a script filled then the opiates on the streets.

I took 8 milligrams total yesterday and felt pretty good physically. The leg cramps were gone and the stomach ache but the craving was still there but I did manage to fight it all day. I am hoping that eventually the suboxone will help to eliminate that all together.

Today is day two on them and so far so good! Smile
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

I start tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: I start tomorrow   I start tomorrow EmptyWed 23 May 2012, 10:45 am

Hi Teri,

I know it's been awhile since you posted this. But I am curious to see how you are doing now.

I read where you had problems filling your prescription at the pharmacy. I have also come across the same problem. The last TWO times I went to CVS they were out of stock. I am thinking of going to Rite Aid, maybe I will have better luck

If you have time please write and let us know ok?

We are all in this together.
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

I start tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: I start tomorrow   I start tomorrow EmptyWed 30 May 2012, 12:29 am

So glad things are working out for you, It gets better as you go along. Some one told me they had some morphine when I asked for an asperin. I said hell no. This is good. It's late...just wanted to check and see how some of you are doing.
Good night. Talk to you again,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I start tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: I start tomorrow   I start tomorrow Empty

Back to top Go down

I start tomorrow
Page 1 of 1