Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

starting suboxone tomorrow

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
boom_swagger

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-30

starting suboxone tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: starting suboxone tomorrow   starting suboxone tomorrow EmptyThu 01 Sep 2011, 6:06 pm

Hello everyone. I am new here at the forums and new to Suboxone. My induction is tomorrow, and today was my last day of using. I have been fighting opiate addiction for about 10 years now. Tomorrow is my 7 year anniversary of being clean off heroin, ironically, the same day I am being induced on Suboxone. A few years after I got clean from heroin, I started dabbling in pain pills and have been doing so since then. It's very on and off. The off times, I go about a month, get through the physical, but the mental hits me so hard I always turn back to the pills and end up right back at square one. Well, straight to the point, I'm tired of it. I want out of this and I want to break these shackles. My addiction might seem petty to some, I pop anywhere from 40mg-90mg of hydrocodone a day, but an addiction is an addiction and I have proven time and time again I can't seem to kick it on my own. Not for long anyways. Back when I was first getting off heroin, Suboxone was very new, and the addiction psychiatrist I was seeing was really pushing it on me and thought I was a great canidate for the drug. Unfortunately, at that time, I had been supporting a $500 dollar a day heroin habit and was completely broke and could not afford the Suboxone. I resorted to a medical type detox where I went in every day and a nurse would give me a cocktail of pills for one week. I basically slept the entire week and at the end of it, I was through the physical. I did this method twice, didn't work the first time. I guess it really didn't work the second time either. So here I am. Starting Subs tomorrow and very excited and optimistic about the future. I want to be through with this once and for all. I am a Navy wife, and I have 4 beautiful children. I want to be alive and well so I can lead a happy, normal, life. I stumbled upon the website through my endless research on suboxone, and hope to support and get support from everyone here.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

starting suboxone tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: starting suboxone tomorrow   starting suboxone tomorrow EmptyFri 02 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

starting suboxone tomorrow Bigdri10

Good afternoon boom_swagger, my name is Dee the moderator of the forum. I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the forum. It is good to have you hear with us.

I don't think your addiction is petty, quite the contrary. It is an addiction that has changed your life and has control of you. That is not petty at all.
I understand the control of the mental cravings very well. I have been in recovery since 2002 but before that, I was on the up and down roller coaster between stopping and starting all over again many times. I would stop and do great for sometime then once again get those cravings and I'd be off once again.
The thing is with me, I always had it in my head it would be okay if I took a pill or two because having been through detox before I knew I could stop. Unfortunately that wasn't true. I never wanted to stop once I started using again, I liked the feeling it gave me too much.
I am glad that you are finally able to give Suboxone a try. Sometimes people are able to stop taking opiates and they do fine, for others they may need help in managing their addiction.
Suboxone won't cure the addiction but it does help to manage it.
If you have any questions during your induction period please don't hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to help you in any way that we can.
I am concerned about something though, you mentioned that your last day of opiates was yesterday and you are supposed to start your Suboxone induction today.
You need to make sure you are in mild to moderate withdrawal before starting Suboxone to avoid "precipitated withdrawal" (acute withdrawal)
Is your provider doing the induction in their office or writing a prescription for your medication? Please check in after you see your provider and
always remember, we are here if you need us.
I look forward to meeting you boom_swagger
Dee

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

starting suboxone tomorrow
Page 1 of 1