Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Been a year going to start going down

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
m36

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Been a year going to start going down Empty
PostSubject: Been a year going to start going down   Been a year going to start going down EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 1:14 pm

Hi all, I haven't post for a long time but I have been doing great and have just over a year finished. Now my doctor and I are starting to bring me off. I am really scared I have been reading so many horrible stories of people getting off sub and how much worse the withdrawl is. I have withdrawn over 6 times in my time on oppiates and two of them were really bad. I had read that when tapering of sub that withdrawls happen but are mild compared to full opiates. Have I been mislead? I don't know if i can handle 2 weeks of extreme withdrawl which i have been reading about. Has anyone done this? Thanks for the help. I hope everyone is doing well.
M36
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Been a year going to start going down   Been a year going to start going down EmptyMon 02 May 2011, 1:59 pm

Been a year going to start going down Dm_smb10

Hi there m36
It's good to see you. It doesn't seem like it's been that long since you started Suboxone. Personally I don't have any experience to offer about the withdrawal. But, (there's always a but in there) I have done a lot of reading like you have.
The slower the taper seems to be the better. This way your body can get used to one dose before starting another. If you like, I can send you the information that I have on tapering.
I remember the last time you posted we had talked a little about health care in Canada. Have they started paying for Suboxone now or is it still the same?

One thing to remember about stopping any medication like this, make sure you are ready emotionally as well as physically. You have been in recovery for over a year now so I'm sure you have learned some coping skills.
Try and keep yourself busy so your mind doesn't have time to wander into the "what if's and maybe's" we will be here so if you need a place where you can ask questions, share or vent. Remember us. We aren't going anywhere. And don't do anyting that your uncomfortable with. Just listen to what your body tells you. I'm sure you will do fine.
I'm sure you remember Beth and Barbara. Barbara isn't here any longer but Beth has started posting again so I'm sure she will be along to share with you.
It's good to see you!
Dee

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
m36

Male
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Been a year going to start going down   Been a year going to start going down EmptyTue 03 May 2011, 7:13 am

Thank for the reply. I have went through a year treatment with the doctor who gives me the sub, he developed his own councelling program. So we feel I am ready to start to taper. Just scares me how many people are writing about how difficult it is to come off. I was always told that it wa much milder then what i had went through with full opiates. What happened to barbara? She is the one who had just got off her sub, right? Anyways thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Been a year going to start going down   Been a year going to start going down EmptyTue 03 May 2011, 3:45 pm

Yes your right, Barbara was the one who had stopped taking Suboxone.
Unfortunately she is no longer posting on the forum. She is still working and I hear from her every now and then. I will be sure to let her know that you did ask about her.

I have also heard that the withdrawal from Suboxone is supposed to be milder that with full agonist.
I still belive it depends on how you go about the taper process. You will have to keep us updated on how you do. Good luck, I have faith that you will do very well
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been a year going to start going down   Been a year going to start going down Empty

Back to top Go down

Been a year going to start going down
Page 1 of 1