Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wednesday April 7th Question of the day; Trouble taking Suboxone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Wednesday April 7th Question of the day; Trouble taking Suboxone Empty
PostSubject: Wednesday April 7th Question of the day; Trouble taking Suboxone   Wednesday April 7th Question of the day; Trouble taking Suboxone EmptyWed 07 Apr 2010, 8:57 am

Wednesday April 7th Question of the day; Trouble taking Suboxone Woman_10

Good Morning,
When doing the question of the day, I usually try to post a questions that is used most often on our website, today's question comes from our "Post a Question" are of our website.
It is one that is asked quite often by new Suboxone Patients.
Think back to when you first started Suboxone maybe you can share your experience.
Remember it is sharing with others that helps you stay in your own recovery.
Thanks for posting,
Dee

Just Started Suboxone, need some answers on taking it
I just started Suboxone a couple day ago and i have read just about everything about it, but i have a question about taking it. When i put either 1 or 2 pills under my tongue, i still have stuff that leaks out into my mouth and i have to swallow, because the pills are not done melting, doesn't this ruin the chemistry? and am i now getting naloxone into my system defeating the whole purpose? I have a partial on my bottom and i think that has something to do with it, i cant seem to ever melt them completely without some getting into my mouth!

Last edited by nannamom on Fri 24 Sep 2010, 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday April 7th Question of the day; Trouble taking Suboxone   Wednesday April 7th Question of the day; Trouble taking Suboxone EmptyWed 07 Apr 2010, 4:34 pm

Hi Everybody, When I first started on Suboxone I had the same worries. From what I understand swallowing the orange fluid will not effect you. Just don't swallow the undisolve pills.

What I do is take one pill at a time or 1/2 a pill. I let it disolve under my tongue and hold the fluid in my mouth until the pill is disolve. Then I swish the fluid in my mouth for another 5 minutes than I spit out. If I have to much fluid in my mouth while I am disolving than I spit some fluid out. I hope this helps somebody out.

Cathy Wednesday April 7th Question of the day; Trouble taking Suboxone Icon_smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday April 7th Question of the day; Trouble taking Suboxone   Wednesday April 7th Question of the day; Trouble taking Suboxone EmptyWed 16 Jan 2013, 2:51 am

When I dissolved the tablets under my tongue (I am now on the strips) But my experience with the tablets is there will be a little saliva that you're gonna swallow its a natural reaction to having something in your mouth under your tongue. As long as you're not swallowing the pill itself you're good! Once the pill is completely dissolved swallow the leftover saliva in your mouth and go on with your day. (: That's what I did anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wednesday April 7th Question of the day; Trouble taking Suboxone   Wednesday April 7th Question of the day; Trouble taking Suboxone Empty

Back to top Go down

Wednesday April 7th Question of the day; Trouble taking Suboxone
Page 1 of 1