Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Suboxone question of the day

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

A Suboxone question of the day Empty
PostSubject: A Suboxone question of the day   A Suboxone question of the day EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 8:31 pm

Good Evening all,
Tonight I have a different twist to the question of the day. I received an email from a Suboxone Patient. She had some questions and concerns. I told her that I would post them out to you and see if any of you have had the same experience. She Will of course be addressing her concerns with her doctor as well.

Hello
My concern for me is that every morning my eyes are bloodshot and I have to use Murine. Its so bad that I'm on my second bottle in 2 weeks.
My other concern is the taste of the medicine has warped my ability to eat. I find that I can eat something sweet or not eat at all.
I'm also concerned that it may be internal (liver or kidneys) are these side effects normal? I just want to know I'm on the right track. I'm worried that there may be something else wrong. I used to say my insides were glued together by Lortab or dream that I died and when they did the autopsy bottles of Lortab would spill from my body. I say that to say this...once I stopped all sorts of medical problems would develop. Hopefully not, I'm generally pretty healthy. Thank you for taking the time out of your life for mine.
~Anonymous

Now my question to all of you.
Have any of you experienced any of what is described above? If so, how did you handle or overcome the problem?
Yours
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: A Suboxone question of the day   A Suboxone question of the day EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 9:37 pm

Hello,

First of all, my optomitrist said not to use Murine, especially the kind that it says, "takes the red out." He has me on Systane and you can buy it over the counter at any pharmacy. My eyes do water a lot and my nose runs constantly. The dreams are going to be there. Our minds are going through a transition. Look for the nights when you have wonderful dreams. If you believe in prayer, start praying about the dreams. I'm also an alcoholic and when I first sobered up in 1991, I had the worse nightmares I've ever had. I started praying about it before I went to sleep and they went away. I still have dreams about being somewhere strange, lost and no one will help me. The other night I dreamed I was carrying a baby with me. This is a sign of feeling helpless. Our dreams are a way our mind takes care of itself while we are awake At least you are having feelings. It's like rewiring a electrical system that's gotten shorts. You are just getting better. After the pain of adjustments comes the pleasures of our lives coming together. Keep writing. The more you write, the less important it all becomes.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Suboxone question of the day   A Suboxone question of the day EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 9:43 pm

Thank you my friend,
I will pass your words along. I know it will help her to hear what you have said.
always,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Suboxone question of the day   A Suboxone question of the day EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 9:51 pm

Hi,

I forgot to mention getting a whole work up of blood, colonoscopy and endoscopy tests done. This way if you have anything internal going on, you can get it worked on. If you don't have insurance, go to your local county rehabilitation center and ask for help. Your handicap is your addiction.

Again,
Yours in the struggle,
Barbara

I had to re send this so you would get it.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Suboxone question of the day   A Suboxone question of the day EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 9:55 pm

Thank you my friend
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: A Suboxone question of the day   A Suboxone question of the day EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 1:09 pm

Hi,
I was reading through those symptoms & the one that I can really relate to is not having an appetite, unless its sweets. I can literally eat an entire box of Honey Buns throughout the night. Of course, they are so small that I can't just eat one or two... A Suboxone question of the day Icon_wink But I knew that wasn't helping me to only eat sweets at night time or throughout the night. I am one of those people that wake up to go find food & eat during the middle of the night. Usually, a bowl of cereal & a few Honey Buns. Yet, I realize that my system needs all food groups & throughout the day also. I need my fuel. So what I have done to change that is basically "force" myself to eat & trust you me, once I start, I have no problem eating until I am ready to lick my plate clean, then maybe eat that plate for dessert as well.. A Suboxone question of the day Icon_rolleyes Seriously,though, that is something that I am bad about, eating regularly, so I just make myself do it. As I am fixing PB&J sandwiches for my kiddos, I also make myself one. (and the jelly is sweet, so that helps as well) A Suboxone question of the day Icon_wink For breakfast, I make pancakes, french toast or toast with butter & cinnamon sugar on top. Yet, dinnertimes are different, as I prepare healthy homemade meals for the family, which I NOW also eat right along with them. I used to just make the dinners & remain in the kitchen while everyone was eating, but washing dishes or some other little tasks because I was not hungry. Yet, Matt called me out on it after a while. I once told him an acronym that I had learned were triggers to relapse. "HALT" (hungry, angry, lonely, tired) I learned that when or if I had cravings, to first consider those 4 circumstances & see if I could make the craving go away by following or changing any one or more of those circumstances. It often worked. So, I really urge this person to make sure that they are eating properly, as well as taking care of their other bodily or mental needs, just as we all need to make sure to do. Addict or not, but us addicts are not used to always taking care of ourselves the way that we should.
And what makes this person think that there is something wrong internally? Are there stomach or digestive issues as well or is it just because they don't feel like they have an appetite? I encourage this person to continue on as they are, but to force feed themselves. And you can always sweeten a piece of toast or as I had mentioned, PB&J sandwiches taste nice & sweet, plus your getting the peanut butter and bread as well. Just a few thoughts that I had & hope that it helps this person out some. Not eating causes many health issues. (headaches, nausea, shakiness & irritibilty) And that's only the "short term" effects on your body! Again, hope this helps at all. It has helped me to keep my body fueled, despite the weight gain. Truthfully, I honestly know that I need more exercise & haven't had the get up & go to do it, but it is something that I need to do more often. These are my suggestions for her. Eat properly & exercise will go a long way. I really hope that this person will begin to feel better.
Sending Blessings,
Beth A Suboxone question of the day Herz
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Suboxone question of the day   A Suboxone question of the day EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 11:25 pm

Hey Beth,

I'm just like you in that way about sweets. I just had some chocolate cake. I found that dried fruit especially the apricots are yummy and feed my sweet tooth. I only like the soft ones cause the real dried fruit is hard to chew and digest. I do have one bad habit about not eating during the day and then from dinner till I go to bed, I can't eat enough.

Well, it's getting late and it's to work for me tomorrow. I enjoyed reading your post, Beth. You express yourself so well and help me relate to a lot of things I've gone through.

Yours to love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: A Suboxone question of the day   A Suboxone question of the day EmptyMon 05 Oct 2009, 1:27 pm

Thanks to both of you. I will pass your words along to this special woman. I am hoping that she will soon join us here on the forum.
Always,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Suboxone question of the day   A Suboxone question of the day Empty

Back to top Go down

A Suboxone question of the day
Page 1 of 1