Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi Barbara

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Hi Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Hi Barbara   Hi Barbara EmptyMon 08 Mar 2010, 1:20 am

Hi Barbara, I just wanted to post to you to tell you I think you are doing a really brave thing by jumping off the Suboxone. You must really love your animals and they are very lucky to have you as a mom. I hope everything goes well with your tummy doctor tomorrow. I hope you keep us updated on your progress. Please remember to take time to take care of yourself because your animals need you and so do we.

Love, your fellow animal lover, Cathy
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Hi Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Barbara   Hi Barbara EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 11:14 pm

Hi Cathy,

You're so sweet to send your support on my recent direction. I'm doing fine, most of the time. If I would just let myself be me and not question how I am. The minute I do, I feel something is wrong. My mood swings aren't steady yet. I can panic over the silliest things.

I got my appointment with my doctor mixed up. It's Thursday afternoon. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll probably have to have tests done and wait for the answers.

I've been staying busy with work and start a new show in the morning.

I've got to get into bed and get my proper sleep. This seems to have a big effect on how my day goes. I hope you are well and happy.

So long for now, take care. Thanks for the friendship.

Yours in the way home,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Hi Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Barbara   Hi Barbara EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 8:39 am

Good Morning Barbara,
How are things going for you this morning? It has ow been just about a week and a half since you stopped your Suboxone and I wanted to check in with you and see how you are feeling. I know that you must have a little anxiety going on, so rest assured those panicky feeling are normal. You were on Suboxone for over two years. Before that, Opiates for how long?
I wish that after a couple of years with Suboxone we could all stop taking it and our lives go on a smoothly as we had never got started in with this awful disease called addiction.
That is my ideal life.

Questioning yourself on how you feel is probably all part of the process of healing. Don't beat yourself up for questioning yourself. Which doctor are you seeing on Thursday, is it your Suboxone Provider or your primary care provider?
Do you have an appointment with your Suboxone provider so he can check your progress and monitor your over all well being?
I have an appointment with the pulmonary doctor this morning to see if/when he wants to do a lung biopsy, I will check back with you a little later on.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Hi Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Barbara   Hi Barbara EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 3:13 pm

Hi Barbara Angel_10

Hello Barbara!
How are you doing today? Hopefully doing well!!! I've always loved the included picture in this post because when I first saw it, it reminded me just of you! Hi Barbara Herz The long, reddish flowing hair while on horseback..... (walking away from your past!) Hi Barbara Icon_wink It sparkles more when it is blown up bigger, if you want to copy it.
Anyways, HOW ARE YOU FEELING??? I think that you are very strong & brave to decide to go off the Suboxone! I know that it is something that you have desperately wanted to do for quite a while now. I am very inspired by your choice~ it gives me hope that I may also make it to that point someday as well! Can I ask if it has caused ay difference in your depression level? I just know that when I first began taking it, it really helped my depression. I don't know if that is the same for everyone, but I have heard others mention it as well. So I am wondering about when you decide to go off it if it causes changes with your mood in that aspect, or really in any/all aspects? How are you doing emotionally being off them? And are you having any type of physical withdrawal feelings as well? I am sorry to be bombarding you with questions, but I just want to know how you are doing with it all. I care about you very much & I feel very proud for you!! Hi Barbara Star3 You sound like your feeling decently from your above post, but I didn't know if it was kind of a day to day thing, at least at the beginning? But you are getting more & more days behind you~ Great Job & Kudos to you Ms. Barbara!
Please keep in touch & let me know how you are doing.
Love to you,
Beth Hi Barbara Herz
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Hi Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Barbara   Hi Barbara EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 5:13 pm

Hi Ladies! I hope all is well. Everything is fine here. It is cloudy here but close to 50 degrees. Barb, I hope everything goes well at the doctor tomorrow. Dee, please let me know how your doctor's appt. went today. Beth, I hope your days are getting better and Thank You for the card. It was very sweet and I feel the same about you. Actually I love all you ladies!

Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Hi Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Barbara   Hi Barbara EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 12:17 am

Hi Ladies,

It's gotten late and I want to give time and serious thought about my answers. I'll get back with you as soon as I can. I don't know when my next day off will be (union.) My doctors appointment is with my tummy doctor, which I'm going to cancel because of work. I'll fill you all in later.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Hi Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Barbara   Hi Barbara EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 2:11 pm

Hi Barbara Believ10

"To achieve great things you have first to believe it."

Hello Ms. Barbara,
How are you doing today? Is your day treating you well thus far? I surely hope so, my friend!! You certainly deserve it! Hi Barbara Herz You are in the process of accomplishing great things & I simply want to remind you as often as possible of this fact. The feat that you are making it through day to day is an inspiration to me! I feel so very PROUD for you! You are a very important person in my life & I want to keep checking in on you to see how your situation is going OR if you just possibly need a person to speak to?!?! I DO definately hope that you know that you can call on me at anytime, even if it is three in the morning, I will be groggily happy (Hi Barbara Icon_wink) to take your call & talk for as long as you may need. As you have been there for me throughout my hardest times as well. One of the very best quotes that I have ever heard has come from you when I first joined the forum & you told me that,
"A problem talked about is a problem half solved!!!"
I have relied on this belief throughout the journey to my own recovery. Also, as I am sure that you have read over & over throughout my new posts, I very often incorporate your saying into my posts because I believe it to be so very true! I also always try to let everyone that I do post it to that it came from a very wise friend in recovery! YOU, Ms. Barbara! Hi Barbara Star3
I am keeping you in my constant prayers & sending you all the strength that you need to get through this time period!! Hang in there, my friend, and keep your chin held high! I KNOW that your determination & strength will get you through all of this going on right now! Hi Barbara Icon_idea
Much Love & Support to you Ms. Barbara!
God Bless YOU, every second of everyday!
Yours through this struggle,
Bethy Hi Barbara Herz
**ps~ did you like the picture of you riding away on horseback from my previous post? It just reminded me of you the instant that I saw & saved it!! Hi Barbara Star3 **
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

Hi Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Barbara   Hi Barbara EmptyThu 11 Mar 2010, 11:18 pm

Hi to all,

I've been working and still working on life in general. I've been off the computer and interacting face to face with other people. I've noticed I dwell on the one person who ignores me and forget about the three other people who smiled at me and said hi. My emotions seem to change like the weather. I know just because I'm feeling ill doesn't mean I'll feel ill tomorrow. My future will resemble the past if I allow it to do so. I'm transforming my negative thoughts with thoughts of gratitude. I seem to isolate myself because sharing the newness of what's going on is taking a huge risk in confiding with others. Some moments in my life even now seems like a horror film. Daily I have to muster the courage to continue to heal. Surviving the recovery is one thing, but surviving the memories is another. Every painful memory I survive is a positive step to uncover the past and move forward to heal from the aftermath. I'm learning to forgive myself for the mistakes I've made. I will always find ways to improve. Sharing what I feel lets me know the battle is no longer a war, but everyday feuds to heal and grow.

I have to make another appointment with my tummy doctor, but Tuesday I'm going to a different Podiatrist for my foot. I also have an appointment with my dentist to get my teeth worked on. I'm going to need you guys to hold my hand through this one...I'm having seven teeth pulled and my partial with be a full plate. They are going to do it all in one day and I'll be like Dee; on the floor crying in pain, but maybe not. I always get the cart before the horse.

Well, I'm down for the day. Thank you so much for the posts and most important your caring about me. It means so much.

I remain,
Barbara

Last edited by nannamom on Fri 12 Mar 2010, 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Barbara   Hi Barbara Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi Barbara
Page 1 of 1