Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Hug For Barbara

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

A Hug For Barbara Empty
PostSubject: A Hug For Barbara   A Hug For Barbara EmptySun 26 Apr 2009, 10:33 am

A Hug For Barbara Hugs_c10
Barbara,
I am sending you a great big hug.
Your last post sounded like you could use one.
When I asked you about using the golf cart at work, I didn't mean to offend you. I knew that you had mentioned before that if you needed it, it was available. You know though, if your not happy with the doctor that you have, you are entitled as a patient to tell him how you feel, you can also tell him that you would like a second opinion. But remember sometimes a second opinion may mean more procedures, depending on what type of doctor you see. Weather or not he is for the patient or his wallet.

How many procedures have you had on your foot? Could it be some type of scar tissue?
I know that you have to work. But I think that with all you have been through you really should think about taking some time for yourself.
Can you go back on Workmans Compensation, then over to Vocational Rehabilitation? It's just a thought. Don't be angry at the suggestion. I care about you.
As always I am keeping you in my prayers. Don't be in such a hurry to jump off of your Suboxone. We have been friends for a long time. That is why I am saying what I am. I know that your not happy with dissolving a pill everyday. But it is so much better than the alternative. Enough of my rant.

You know how I feel and I know how you feel. Maybe that is why we have been friends for so long. Wink
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

A Hug For Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hug For Barbara   A Hug For Barbara EmptySun 26 Apr 2009, 12:37 pm

My Dearest Dee,

Thanks for the hug. In regards to riding on a cart at work. Sure, you're riding around, but you have to get off and on to deliver to the booths whatever you're loaded with. I work with a partner, which helps...depending on who it is. I turned down work for tomorrow to go to the foot doctor. More money spent in co-pay and money lost at work. I did go to a Orthropedic doctor I'd used in the past and he said I needed to go back to the doctor who started the procedure. I'm sure he sees the mess up and doesn't want to be liable.

I'm going to forget everything for today and go get a pedicure and manicure. I can't afford it, but I'm doing it anyway. I have to get horse feed and there's a thrift store next door. I'm going to look for some burmuda shorts for work. It's getting hot here. What scares me is the winds are up to 30 mile an hour winds and hurricane season soon.

I said I was going to forget everything, so I'm off to the stores and will be back in a few hours.

Your friendship means a lot to me. We have weathered our share of crap storms. I guess this is what builds trust and reliability.

Yours too,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

A Hug For Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hug For Barbara   A Hug For Barbara EmptyMon 27 Apr 2009, 4:35 pm

Hi Dee and everyone,

I went to my foot and ankle doctor this morning. He said the callus was formed because of scar tissue from the surgery. He cut it away and gave me a shot of codizone. It does feel 100% better. I've been called to work tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. Tonight will be the end of taking the antibiotics for the bacteria in my stomach. I'm so thankful for the medicine, but glad it's going to be over. I'm looking forward to feeling better. I have to go for more testing, which I tried to call and have gotten a busy signal every time...I'll keep trying.

I hope everybody is well. I know there's nothing major going on or you would have posted about it by now. I would love to hear from some of you...to know how you are and share your success. I send a hug out to you all.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

A Hug For Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hug For Barbara   A Hug For Barbara EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 12:36 am

Barbara,
I am glad to hear that your foot is feeling much better. You are always in my prayers.
Antibiotics get the job done in most cases, but like you they tend to make me feel ill.
I've had a long day. It got up to 89 her today. It's not usually that hot this time of year. I was out in the sun too long and got ill from it. So I'm back into the bed. I just got up for a few minutes to check on both forums. As you said they are quiet, so I guess that everyone is doing well.
Sleep well.
Yours,
Dee
Sleep
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

A Hug For Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hug For Barbara   A Hug For Barbara EmptyTue 28 Apr 2009, 2:30 pm

Hey Dee,

Just a quick hello before I dash off to work. I've got to close a show at one of the hotels at Disney. It's a small one, so I should be back in four hours. Hope you're okay with the over due in the sun. My thyroid medicine messes with me too when I'm in the sun too long. Take care. I'm thinking of you. There's a new member.

Bye for now,
My love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

A Hug For Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hug For Barbara   A Hug For Barbara EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 1:31 am

Thank you barbara,
I am doing much better. I never knew that my thyroid medication would affect me that way while in the sun.
A lesson learned believe me.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

A Hug For Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hug For Barbara   A Hug For Barbara EmptyWed 29 Apr 2009, 1:40 pm

Hi,

I'm in a hurry to get out the door again. I will answer you properly when I get in around eight o'clock. Take care.

Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Hug For Barbara Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Hug For Barbara   A Hug For Barbara Empty

Back to top Go down

A Hug For Barbara
Page 1 of 1