Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Value Of A Friend

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-06

The Value Of A Friend Empty
PostSubject: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptySat 06 Dec 2008, 4:55 pm

Two are better than one;
Because they have a good reward for their labor.

For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to Him who is alone when He falls;
For He has no one to help Him up. No

Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm together;
But how can one be warm alone?

Though one may be overpowered by another;
Two can withstand Him;
And a three-fold cord is not quickly broken.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 New King James Version
Can you believe it came from the Bible?

I believe this says what friendship is all about. No man is an island and we all need friends. If you are lonely and would like to know what it is like to have others who really care about you and will be there for you...join with us. It will not cost you any money and only a few minutes of your time.
Yes, we want you. If you have a loved one on Suboxone or either you are on Suboxone or Subutex, we want you to join with us. Why? You will need the support and encouragement of people who do understand what you are experiencing.
Your family may be there for you but believe me, they need a rest to gather their strength. They need to be able to refuel. Give them a break and come and talk to others taking Suboxone and see how they are dealing with some of the same problems you are having. Take a leap of faith and become a member. You might like it.

Last edited by Admin on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 10:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Mispelled words.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.SuboxoneAssistedTreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptySat 06 Dec 2008, 5:41 pm

Very well stated, Deborah. From the time we are born, we need human touch and comfort. If I had to go my recovery alone, I believe I would go out of my mind. You are angelic with your words and heart-felt caring. True friends are the most valuable asset a person can have. A person who is there at the moment of a phone call. A person who will tell you the truth when a lie would be more convenient. Thank you for your post on this subject, I think I'll call a friend and invite her over for lunch this next week. Thank you for reminding me the importance of having a friend. Fraturnally yours, Barbara
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Thank You ,Barbara!   The Value Of A Friend EmptyMon 08 Dec 2008, 5:24 pm

Barbara Rue wrote:
Very well stated, Deborah. From the time we are born, we need human touch and comfort. If I had to go my recovery alone, I believe I would go out of my mind. You are angelic with your words and heart-felt caring. True friends are the most valuable asset a person can have. A person who is there at the moment of a phone call. A person who will tell you the truth when a lie would be more convenient. Thank you for your post on this subject, I think I'll call a friend and invite her over for lunch this next week. Thank you for reminding me the importance of having a friend. Fraternally yours, Barbara

Yes, Barbara and I want to thank you for being there when I needed you. Believe it or not, I need people and help just like all of you. Many people do not realize how important true friends are and how valuable. I know these days how important it is for people to have jobs because they are very hard to find even if you have a college-degree. I can understand it would be very difficult to tell the truth if it came to losing your position and you had a household depending on your paycheck.

It would be very difficult for me but my counselor stood up for me at the risk of losing her job. They wanted her to lie about me and my bottle-checks because the Medical Director at the "Methadone Maintenance Treatment" Program I attended was angry at me because I had gone over his head to the Methadone State Authority and He was determined to obtain his revenge. He had no problem getting the Dosing Nurse to go along with Him because she needed her job and had been there for years and had just made Head Nurse. She was my friend but she stood there and totally lied about me and I knew why she was lying and part of me could understand but I had to think about me.

My Counselor would not lie and she told the truth and let me know they pulled the "Bottle-Checks" out of my Medical Chart. She was able to sneak in and pull the extra copies out from the Nurses Station and they did fire her. I didn't expect her to do it for me but she did and I knew she had a family to support but if it had not been for her I would have had to come every day to dose and it would have certainly affected my integrity. She was what a true friend was and she was my Counselor.

It has meant everything to me for you and Dee to be available for me and to understand what all did transpire and you believed in me. I believe in both of you and I am sorry I wasn't aware of all that was happening and I wish now you would have told me. I am hoping we all would have the same integrity my counselor had when it can to standing up for the truth and I hope we would never allow money to be a factor.

Barbara, I consider my self blessed to have you as my friend and co-worker. I hope we will spend many years working together and I am hoping we will bring many people into our fold and help them maintain their sobriety because you need friends. Thank you for being there. I love you as a sister and I thank you for your respect.

Deborah Shrira

Last edited by Admin on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Justify)
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyTue 09 Dec 2008, 11:12 am

Thanks for all your kind words. I'm sure doing the radio show last night brought us closer as ever. I know Dee and I enjoyed doing it together. I'm in hopes someone heard who needed to hear about Suboxone and the forum and there is another solution. Going to start the day, but will be here to greet and meet anyone who logs in with us. Have a glorious day. Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyTue 09 Dec 2008, 12:10 pm

Deborah and Barbara,
The radio program that we did last night, was both a joy and an experience. To be able to reach out to other people that are so far away in miles but close in heart, gladens my heart. I am looking forward to February when we do the next one. I hope that everyone here has a great day full of smiles and blessings.
nannamom
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyTue 09 Dec 2008, 3:05 pm

Hi ladies,
It sounds like the radio show was a success!! Unfortunately, I missed it!! Sad It's a crazy house around here at that time of the evening. Is there a way I can go back & look it up to be able to listen to it now? Please let me know if that's possible. I'd love to hear it. What topics were addressed? How does it work? Do people call in with questions? That is such a great idea. There are so many people who don't even know that Suboxone exists. What an ideal way to get the word out, make it mainstream. Way to go girls!!
I hope your all having a super day. Please let me know if there's a way to connect back to the radio show to be able to hear it now. Thank you all for your continued effort to make this place exist. As you all know, I love it here!
Thanks!
Love,
BFye I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyTue 09 Dec 2008, 3:18 pm

Yes BFye,
There is a link that you can go to and listen to the past broadcasts I believe. The other programs Deborah is on there. If I can't find the link for you then, I know that Deborah will post it when she see this post or mybe Barbara has it as well.
Barbara and I both gave our testimonies. Dean was there and he gave the web address's of both the web site, this forum and also the methadone forum.
I hope that we were able to reach alot of people and they will come here for help, instead of struggling alone by themselves. They need to know that there is someone that cares, and that has been down that same road that their walking down now. We all let them know that we are here to help them.
yours
nannamom

Last edited by Admin on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyTue 09 Dec 2008, 4:25 pm

Thanks Nannamom,
I did get the easytalk site location from Barbara as well. You guys (girls) are on top of it!! As usual. It sounds like the radio show was a hit! It's inspiring to me to see the strength & hope that you are spreading to others. I know that I've caught it & refuse to let go.. This is the best I've felt in soo long. I want to encourage others who may be struggling with their early sobriety or Sub dosage to hang in there & stay commited. It really does get better. Sometimes just all of a sudden. This is a wonderful place to be able to come & put out your feelings without fear of judgment because we have all been there. And understand what it entails to be there, lost in the darkness. The journey has many bumps, but its a much smoother ride than it was while I was using. Thanks for being there.
Love,
BFye I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: address to talk show   The Value Of A Friend EmptyWed 10 Dec 2008, 11:25 am

Hi people, I'm rushing out the door to eat the noon traffic, but wanted to post again the web site for the broadcast we did. It's www.easysite.com/menletstalk and the click on audio and find the date we did the show which was Dec. 8th. Love you all. See you when I get back. Love, Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: , money is tight   The Value Of A Friend EmptyWed 10 Dec 2008, 5:01 pm

Barbara,
Thanks for putting up that radio link & making it so easy to get to. I tried to go on & listen. It told me that I have to buy a license to do so. Do you know anything about that? I'm just not sure what I'm getting into with that. But, I'm not opposed to getting the license if that's what I need to do to be able to hear it. Can you let me know what you know about this licensing?
Did you have a nice day shopping? Was it busy? Did you get alot accomplished for Christmas? The holidays are such a stressful time. At least, for me they are. It's nice for the kids & of course that's why we do it, but it doesn't make it any less frazzling. I don't mean to sound like the Grinch. Just as you know, money is tight. It would be alot more fun if I had the cash to spend, but we just don't right now. I'm just trying to be able to stay on my Subs & keep a roof over our babies heads, much less Christmas presents. I hate it. It makes me feel bad because I want to be able to give them the world & can't even get them gifts. I try to keep it in perspective, but it still bothers me. Sad It will work out. I completely believe that it will work out. I wish Santa Claus was real... santa
Gotta go check on dinner. Hope you've had a good day. I look forward to hearing how you are doing.
Love,
BFye I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Answering to Beth   The Value Of A Friend EmptyWed 10 Dec 2008, 7:04 pm

Hi There. I can relate to a lot of what you said. I grew up not getting anything for Christmas. I remember one time, I was about ten and I went over to a neighbors who's Dad was the town preacher. I stepped inside the living room and their Christmas tree was piled full of presents and the Mother told me to wait out on the porch. I just left and went home and cryed. There shouldn't be any charge to listen to the broadcast. I'll ask Dean or Deborah after I'm finished with dinner. I can tell you are a good Mother. My girlfriend told her daughter they wouldn't have a tree cause all of their ornaments were stolen. Chole (5) went and made a whole table full of ornaments out of cut out paper and put hooks on them. I'll get back with you tonight and we can go up on the chat line. I would like that. Love, Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyWed 10 Dec 2008, 8:54 pm

Hi ladies,
It's nearly eight & I was checking in right quick. It doesn't look like anyone else is on yet. We just finished dinner not too long ago & my husband helped me clean up the dishes!! That was nice. I'm going to get the kiddos taken care of here & I'll check back shortly.
Your Friend,
BFye I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyWed 10 Dec 2008, 10:43 pm

Hi Beth, I'm here. I just listened to the radio talk show. It didn't cost anything, You just have to click where it tells you and it takes you back to the first page and you click on Dec 8th show. you may try signing the guestbook, if you have anymore problems. The whole thing went so well. I've got goose bumps from feeling the spirit and No, I'm not a religious nut. I'm spirit-filled and always have been. I just had to make myself aproachable so I could be helped. I'm now private property of people who are making a difference by staying on the right track. I'll be back and forth watching the board. Let me hear a shout from you. Love, Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyThu 11 Dec 2008, 1:05 am

Hi, I'm back. It certainly took me long enough, but that's the way that it goes sometimes. Finally, everybody is asleep. But I may have missed you girls to get on the chat line. That's okay- we can catch up at another time.
I have my Doctor's appointment tomorrow. This is the one who is just starting the Suboxone program. I'm trying to get on the Rx Assistance through him. I'm praying that it all works out. I'll definitely keep you posted as to what happens. It has to work out. It will, one way or the other, it will work out.
I guess that I'm going to go to bed. Try to go to sleep..
Good Night Ladies & Sweet Dreams,
Love,
BFye I love you

Last edited by Admin on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyThu 11 Dec 2008, 12:02 pm

BFye
Good Luck on your appointment with the new doctor. Your well armed and educated about what you need. Hold your head high, take a deep breath, and please let us know what happens at your appointment. I will keep you in my prayers.
yours
nannamom
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyThu 11 Dec 2008, 2:02 pm

Hi Beth, Yes, I went on to bed last night and now it's been raining all day. I too, hope your doctors appt. goes well. You are going to do fine. I know a power greater then we are will touch them and give you the help you need. Please post to me and let me know how it went. Yours in the struggle, Barbara Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyThu 11 Dec 2008, 5:46 pm

Hi Barbara,
It has been raining here for the past several days as well. It goes from snow to rain, freezing rain back to snow. The roads are a mess, as usual. There are always so many accidents at the beginning of the winter season. Like people forget how to drive in the snow or something.. We've talked about this time of the year.. the short, gray days & dark all the time. Yuck! No It drains my energy, makes me tired..
But, today has been a very productive day for me. I went to my doctors appointment regarding the Rx Assistance Program. Long story short, he will participate in the program so that I can get my Subs from RB, starting in January. I am a little leary in switching from my existing doctor though. The dr that I go to now is a neurologist & the dr that I talked to today is an OB/GYN. I guess that it really doesn't matter as long as I can stay on the Subs through RB. If I feel that I need more than what he's able to provide and the fact that I already do my couseling at another place anyways, I can look for further options as I may (or may not) need them. My main objective is to stay on the Suboxone, obviously. It shouldn't matter if he's an OB/GYN or a Veteranarian, as long as he can prescribe the Subs!! Wink What do you think? I always appreciate input.
What have you been up to today? How is your foot feeling? Are you hanging in there girl?? Try to stay positive despite the gray days, honey!! I know, though, it's hard for me to stay positive & I'm not even in pain like you are. Try to get those endorphins pumping.. hang in there. Easier said than done..
If you get a chance, I'd love to hear how you are doing, what's going on, etc.
Talk to you soon girl.
Love,
BFye I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyThu 11 Dec 2008, 6:34 pm

Hi Beth, I made the surgery to be done on the 24th. This was I can go ahead and get it over with. I don't plan to quit my subs to go on pain meds and then start back on Subs again. I'm going to tough it through. I know you heal faster without pain medicine, so that's a plus. I'm hoping to take four to five weeks to recover and wear a boot to get back to work. They will put me on light duty, but I'll have to see how I feel. As far as what doctor you go to...it depends on how much knowledge they have on the mental and emotional support you will get. As long as you are getting what you need as far as information about drug interactions. I find I can find a positive mode by doing something for someone else. Try to do one good deed to do a day and don't tell anybody. Keep it between you and God. Your reward will come from Him. Till I got a pass for the tollroads, I use to pay for the person behind me. Sometimes I'd get a wave, sometimes they would speed past me. One day, it was one of my bosses and till this day he always smiles and tells me hello. Well, it's that time of day again to go feed and start dinner. I'll be around all afternoon and up till eleven or so if you want to talk, I'll keep checking back. Today I got a lot of cleaning done and will decorate for Christmas. No tree, just put up ornaments I've collected through the years. Loved hearing from you. Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyThu 11 Dec 2008, 9:25 pm

Hey there Miss Barbara!
I'm glad to see that your around tonight & glad to hear from you. You said you've scheduled your foot surgery for the 24th, as in Christmas eve? Or January 24th? How are you going to manage Christmas if it is this month? I know that you said it's you, your Mom & brother. Will they be around & will they be able to help you when you get home from the hospital? Will they feed the animals & be able to take care of things around there for awhile? Geez, no wonder you don't want to put a tree up! I don't want to and I'm well. (at least physically- haha) jocolor You have a lot on your plate girl. How is your apprehension level? Are you scared? Maybe not so much scared as nervous? I will certainly be keeping you in my prayers. I also believe in karma & you treat others so well, "you will reap what you sow." I'm happy that your able to get it taken care of & get it corrected so that you can feel good again!! I don't know what or how, but if there's anything I can ever do, all you need to do is say the word. We'd figure out a way. Lord knows that as an addict I spent many brain cells on "trying to figure out a way" to keep using. I can certainly put that brain power to good use. So you let me know. I am here for you. You & Dee have been here for me & I'd just met you guys. Thank you. I also wanted to ask you if you'd spoken to your surgeon about your being on Suboxone? I know that you said you were going to stay on it & not take the narcotic pain meds, which I understand (and respect) completely, but does your doctor advise this? Will the level of pain be tolerable not taking the pain meds? Or could you possibly get a prescription in case you need it? You wouldn't even necessarily even have to fill it, but you'd have it if you do need it. I don't know. I know that you know what your doing. I just don't want you to hurt. Yet, we know that opiates equal hurt. (somewhere in there) I've recently brought up this same type of situation because I also need to have a couple of surgeries & am extremely apprehensive about the pain & how to manage it. I appreciate any feedback on how you handle it. With or without the meds? And if it's without, how? I do know that Deborah had mentioned if you do have to take the meds, make sure to not take it with the Subs as it can cause "precipated withdrawl" Yuck! No I'm sure that you probably already know these things. I'm like your friendly Post-It note that pops up to remind you, just in case. lol! Seriously, though, please keep me informed.
I thought about what you said regarding doing something nice for someone or a good deed & not saying a word about it. Doesn't that feel so nice, especially when your able to see the persons reaction & smile, without them even knowing that it was you. You know they say how it's better to give than to receive. It does spread love & joy. Smiles are contagious- we all need more happiness! And as people, we remember those type of things. Like your boss still waving to you. It made a "good connection" for when/if you see that person again- spreads warmth! That's a neat idea about the toll booth too. I just never seem to drive them. Not out here where I am. Mainly, small town America, the Suburbs. I enjoy doing things like baking an extra plate of cookies & sending them to the bus driver or the "recess monitor" or the school secretary. Someone not used to getting them.
About my doctor, I really don't know what type, if any, mental or emotional support will be offered. He hasn't started the program yet & I don't know what it entails. The way that I'm looking at it is to get my Rx from him so that I can participate in the patient assistance program. If he doesn't offer me the mental or emotional help I need, I can get more counseling where I'm already going. If I bring it up to my counselor, she'll make sure I get the proper therapy, but she is not able to write the Rx for Subs. I also imagine that this doctor may have counseling of his own. I just don't know, as he hasn't started treating me yet. I will definitely be paying attention for drug interactions as well. I always talk with our local pharmicist regarding any new meds versus what I am currently taking. Interactions can be very dangerous. I know that certain benzos can actually cause death when taken with the Subs. I always make sure to ask!! I am so very happy that this doctor is willing to participate in the program. That will make a huge difference for us!! The local pharmacy does price matching & I am getting the Subs for 6.84 per tab. That's the cheapest I could find them at any pharmacy in the area. It's still costing around $600.00 a month and that's just the medication itself. So, this is a huge factor, having this doctor agree to participate. Thank you God!
I have to get going here. Need to get the household ready for bed. Ni-night time! These kiddos had to go to the appointment with me today & that makes a long, hard day for them. They don't like leaving in the first place, much less go somewhere that they have to sit down & be quiet.. Yeah, right! No fun!
Talk to you soon.
Love,
BFye I love you

Last edited by Admin on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Justify)
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyThu 11 Dec 2008, 10:25 pm

Dear Bethy, A lot of people call me, "Miss Barbara." I don't know why, but it has stuck. I'd would have been her a couple of hours ago, but when my Mom comes over for dinner, we sit and chat or I do somethnig for her. Mainly taking care of her dog, Teddy. I do his ears when they get dirty or pill he needs to take, He has my Mom psyched out and he tries to bite her. He lets me do whatever I need to do and no problem. My Mom's getting old and has that grey look to her...I want to be with her all I can. Oh, about my foot, I had surgery last year and they had to break my big toe and remove two bunions. I guess I can stand alittle more. Yes, my Mom and brother helps me. Plus a girlfriend lives on the street in back of me and one lives on the street in front. I'll take you up on those prayers cause I know they work. You should see my Mom taking the feed out to the horses. They are real gentle with her and stand back and wait for her to put their food in the feeder. I have an automatic water container, but my brother has to empty it each day because of the sand. We have so much sand in Fla., I have to give the horses Medimucel every six weeks. One cup a day for five days...then I mix bran in their feed once a week. I ride when I'm feeling well. My last saddle rotted so I ride with a bare-back pad. I've got to go out and spray them before I go to bed. Bugs are bad here and some I've never seen before. I give you a lot of credit, taking care of three babies and I know sometimes you don't have the energy, but still you forge through. I think this is how we finally get well is not giving up and making ourselves stronger. There's times when we have to rest too. Are you a single parent? It's strange how help comes from somewhere when we need it. Well honey, my back is starting to nag me being bent forward and I want to go check the other board. I'm still her and will come back by before ni-night time. Love. Miss Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyFri 12 Dec 2008, 3:03 pm

Barbara,
I am so upset. I just spent over an hour writing to you & it just disappeared. It said something about being saved as a draft, but I have no idea where?? Question Geez!! If you have any idea where it may've been saved to, please let me know. This is driving me crazy looking for it. Anyways, I was basically just wanting to know how you are today, but I went off on a big long story. Hopefully, it'll turn back up. If not, maybe it just wasn't meant to be..
Hope your doing well sweetie! What are you up to? Anything interesting?
Talk more to you soon. More diapers to change.. (of course)
Love,
BFye I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyFri 12 Dec 2008, 6:33 pm

Well, honey that's the way it goes sometimes. It's just gone. I'm sure it's on your hard drive. Like you said, it may not was meant to be. You see, I believe there is a lower power working against us to be successful. It's trying hard to bring us back where we were, and I know you have heard it's patient, powerful and just waiting to get us off track again. Once you have a good grip on staying with the program, it's harder to get you going the other way. I know your message was full of love and uplifting for me to know and feel. I've been off from work for the past week because of needing surgery on three toes on my right foot. Hopfully it will be minor and not require pins or some other hardware they will have to remove before I can walk again. I have my Mother and Brother here and several friends to come by to help. I cleaned out the fridge today and took scraps to the two little pigs left next door. You should have seen they eating up some whipped cream I added. I also got my first egg from my chickens this morning. I was thrilled and gave it to my Mother. This is the beauty of being sober cause I wouldn't be able to function to take care of them or even care. I know I wouldn't have what I have if I didn't give up spending my money on drugs. Going back to the old life would be impossible cause I don't have the money to support a habit. I have found such a wonderland of another world and love to share, cause if I can do it, anybody can. I love getting your emails. I get what I need with the inspiration you send and the anticipation of hearing from you again. If there's ever anything you need to share with me, something you feel down about, please lets hear it cause little things add up and if we share them, they become smaller. Of course I want to hear all the good stuff too. Have you put up a Christmas tree yet? I'm going to decorate over the next few days. I like to put up blue lights along the house and a wreath on the door. I'm going to get the place as clean as I can, cause after my surgery, I won't be able to do much. I'm going to put out some of my decorations I've had over the years and set them around. I love candles, but with the birds I can't burn them unless in my bath room or bed room. What are the ages of your children? What are they wanting for Christmas? I hope you know the best present you can give them is yourself and they know Momie is okay. Kids know when there's stress. I think it's just wonderful you can give them the security and care they need. Looking forward to hearing from you again. Thank you for your caring. Take care, Miss Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyFri 12 Dec 2008, 7:22 pm

Miss Barbara,
That was the sweetest message you just sent. You cheer me up as well. I really look forward to hearing back from you. You are an inspiration to me & my recovery. I believe that God puts people in our paths as we need them. You've also mentioned something along those same lines. I am so glad to get to know you better. I really consider you a friend. It helps me so much knowing that you (and Dee) are here. I look forward to getting on this computer to see what you girls are up to. It gives me strength to see the way you are handling your recovery & a good example to follow. I wish that we lived closer together. Yet, I know it's great to know that we're always able to communicate on here.
It sounds like your really getting things prepared for when you have your sugery. I can understand the need to stay busy as well. It's very hard to be home for too many days in a row when your used to having to go to work everyday. Yet, they are things that need to be done before you head to the hospital. Way to go for being on the ball!! I'm a bad procrastinator. I'd be getting everything ready the night before I was to leave. Your smart for just getting it done. I'm glad that your Mother and brother will be around for you. As well as your girlfriends. You just need to make sure that you have help & not be scared to ask for it. I'm glad that the animals are gentle with your Mother as she won't mind handling the task for you. She may even start to like it. That is so funny about the pigs lapping up the whipped cream. I love whipped cream as well. Congradulations on your first egg! That is always exciting. I love when we start gathering eggs. I don't know why but fresh, brown eggs taste better to me. I love the fact that your into the farm animals & the beauty & peace that they put off. I'm so thankful to be able to spend my time around animals. They are better to be around than alot of the people that I used to spend my time with.
I like being able to be home with the kids. They are thirteen, one and two. They are a handful, for sure, but I enjoy them so much. When my oldest daughter was growing up I had to work & my time with her always felt rushed. It's really nice to be able to raise them at home. I am very thankful. It gets a little overwhelming at times (I call it the "Brain Drain") they can make me want to pull my hair out. But they are the sweetest angels! (when they're asleep) haha Wink
I haven't had a chance to get any of my Christmas decorations up yet. Like I said, I am a procrastinator. These babies keep me busy as it is with my daily chores. They are like two little hurricanes.. they can trash a room in minutes. The decorations will get done whenever I can finally get to them..
I have to go do dinner. I'll check back in a little while.
Hope to hear from you.
Love,
BFye I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyFri 12 Dec 2008, 9:48 pm

Hi Beth, It was real nice to hear right back from you. It's nice to grow to be comfortable with someone and build a trust. I have girlfriends whom are very thoughtful. One just left and helped me go out and feed cause I was on line and didn't realize it had gotten dark out. Anyway Carla came in and helped me find their feed bowls. Carla was also the one who drove me to the Suboxone doctor for the first time. I wasn't able to drive. As a matter of fact, I couldn't even get dressed. I was in my night gown and house coat. She had to fill out all of my paper work and drove me home. It amazed me the next day I showered, got dressed and drove myslef to the doctor. When I go for my surgery, she said she would take me and bring me home. We have helped each other through the last ten years I've known her. She use to beg me to go get help. She tells people today about "Miss Barbara" and how I looked almost dead and got help. Beth, my Mom just came in. I need to go spend some time with her. I'll be back later. I love hearing from you. Sometimes, like at Christmas I wish I had children. I'll go into it a bit more later. Love, Barbara
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend EmptyFri 12 Dec 2008, 10:23 pm

Beth,
Hello! If you have any trouble I can always help if you want to send me your e-mail address with your phone number and we will personally talk you through to the recording. I had to take a few days off to get some rest because I was over-worked and completely wore myself to a frazzle.
I am praying it all works out for you and if it doesn't then God will open another Door. We just don't want you to give up at all and I love having you with us and it is a pleasure to know you.
I don't think any of us have a lot of money to spend this Christmas if we are on medication, either Suboxone or Methadone. I don't have any insurance at all and I have to pay cash for all of my visits and my medication but still I get a small discount for buying at the CVS Pharmacy. I have stopped doing any business with Walgreen's because they didn't even want to fill the prescriptions from our Dentist at the University of Alabama. They wanted me to wait until the next day when they had to time to call and verify the prescriptions and it was only Lortab ES 10mg. It was not like they didn't know me because I had a file but we had been doing business with CVS because many times they were just too busy.
After that night I made it the last visit to Walgreen's. I recommend all of you stop using Walgreens unless they are doing a super job for you. It is just my opinion. We drove over to CVS and the pharmacist had no problem filling my prescription.
Beth, about the radio show do you have a Media Player downloaded when you try and listen to the recordings? You need to have either a Media Player 10 or 11 downloaded to listen to the recordings and it is why they were probably asking you for a license number.
Do you know whether you have a Media Player downloaded? I asked this because Dean brought it up. I couldn't figure out why you were asking about a license number and it is the reason because you didn't have a Media Player downloaded. I must go but I wish you the best.
Deborah

Last edited by Admin on Thu 08 Jan 2009, 10:39 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Too much space between paragraps.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Value Of A Friend   The Value Of A Friend Empty

Back to top Go down

The Value Of A Friend
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next