Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My first post :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mlvc6969

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-12

My first post :) Empty
PostSubject: My first post :)   My first post :) EmptySun 17 Jan 2010, 11:29 pm

Well I have just started on suboxone 10 days ago and it really is an amazing thing that I am no longer on my vicodin. I have been on vicodin for over 5 years and was taking between 20 - 30 a day of the 10/325's and i finally decided that enough was enough. It was very stressful just trying to find a dr. that would prescribe it and expensive even with health ins. So far I can say this is a miracle drug but i am feeling a little stressed because the dr. i saw told me to take 2 to 3 a day but to start with halves the first couple of days until my body got used to it. By the third day i was taking a whole 8-2 in the morning, another one at about 2 pm and then my third at about 8 pm and was doing really well, then i had spoken to my counselor on the phone to tell him how well i was doing and he told me that i was taking to much and to only take two a day, i told him that his dr. told me that i would probably need 3 but he said less is more, and should take a whole one in the morning and then half at 2 and the other half at 8, well i could tell the first day they were not working as well as the sweats came back, the aches and pains started coming back and i left him a voice mail on Friday but he never called me back so this weekend has been kinda up and down with me. I am just frustrated because the dr. is telling me 3 pills a day and the counselor is telling me 2 but the 2 isn't cutting it for me and i was doing so well on the 3 that i am not sure what to do. I don't like the fact that he didn't return my call and was thinking of finding another dr. but i don't want to have to pay for all the intake again if i go to another dr. So any advice for me would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: My first post :)   My first post :) EmptyMon 18 Jan 2010, 1:43 pm

My first post :) Gm_cup10
Hi there,
This is Dee. First I want to welcome you to recovery. Being in recovery is much like anything else when it comes to advice. Everyone has their own opinion of what you should be doing.
The first thing to remember is, "This is YOUR recovery" listen to what your body is telling you. You have only been on Suboxone for 10days. Your body hasn't had time to adjust to a "settled" dose yet.
32mg of Suboxone is a high dose that's true. But a lot of people start out on high doses and as their body adjusts, the dose can then be lowered.

I also always say that with Suboxone "less is more" and that has been my personal experience but that is AFTER you have been taking it long enough for your mind and body to adjust to not having whatever your Drug of Choice may be.
I am sure that your counselor has your best interest at heart. When do you see your doctor next? Have you talked to him/her about this?
if you are more comfortable in doing what your doctor said and are having no problems, withdrawal or cravings, I would stick with what works. Your body will let you know when you are ready to try and lower your dose when necessary.
Most people do settle in at 16mg per day, that is probably what your counselor is trying to get you to do.
Has your counselor returned your phone call yet?
Next time, when in doubt, do what your doctor tells you to do.
As long as you are comfortable in taking what he has prescribed. Then do it. Your comfort is # 1 here. That and your recovery.
I m glad that you have posted and hope that you will be an active member here on the forum. Let us know how you are and how your day goes for you.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: My first post :)   My first post :) EmptyMon 18 Jan 2010, 7:45 pm

My first post :) Th_20010

Hello to you MLVC!!
How are you doing today? I hope that your counselor called you back & got you feeling better! My name is Beth & I just wanted to check in with you & let you know what has worked for me. I began on 3 tabs per day, then began realizing that I felt better on days that I would forget to take the third, so I began my own taper to just see if I could manage on only 2 & have gone down to 2 & some days even one & a half. (12 mgs vs. 16 mgs) But not right at the beginning, I would do what works the very best for your personal recovery! And you can discuss that with your counselor as well. If your doctor has prescribed 3 tabs a day, I personally would go upon my doctors orders rather than my counselor this early into your recovery. As Dee said very well in her above post, it all depends on how YOU are feeling! If you felt better taking 3 & are still experiencing withdrawal symptoms when only taking the 2 per day, I would want to remain on 3 until YOU feel ready to taper down. And once you do adjust, most people actually do very well on 2 tabs per day. But the dosage that works for one person may not cover another's cravings & even physical symptoms. It is a individual choice. Again, whatever works the best to keep you in your recovery!
Anyways, I just read your post & wanted to reach out to you, as I said, to let you know what did work for me! If there is anything that I can possibly help you through or at least let you know how it went for me, I am happy to share anything about my recovery as honest & blunt as it comes. It helps to have others in your same situations to bounce ideas off of & see the same situation from a fresh perspective. I hope that you will continue to post & let us know how you are getting through. It really does help to have the support of others who have gone through the same disease & are now in recovery, making themselves better & better every single day, or at least trying to better ourselves on a daily basis. To have gone through it, but come out well, or even better than what you knew it could ever be. I hope you keep in contact with so many special members who truly do understand what it is like to walk in those worn out, tired shoes & are getting out of them! I hope the very best for you & will be here to listen or help, if possible..
Looking forward to getting to know you & again, keep posting! It really helps to get it off of your chest & shoulders alone, not to mention your soul! Once again, I always go back to Barbara's saying "that a problem talked about is a problem half solved!" She is right on the money!! It really does work!
Hope everything got settled down for you some today & that you are feeling in better spirits!! My first post :) Star3
Your Friend in Recovery,
Beth My first post :) Herz
Back to top Go down
mlvc6969

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: My first post :)   My first post :) EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 1:49 pm

Thanks for the responses, i am now at day 22 and taking three tablets a day and i spoke to my dr. and counselor and things are good. I still can't believe that i have not taken any vic's for over 3 weeks. I am doing things that i haven't been doing for years and it feels great. My dr. had to put me on ambian for sleeping as i was waking up every couple hours but now i sleep through the night. It feels so awesome to finally have my life back and i am going to taper starting the end of Feb. to 2 1/2 and try that for a month to see how it goes. This really is an amazing drug. Sorry so short but i am at work and will write more later. Thanks for all your support

Kevin
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: My first post :)   My first post :) EmptyFri 29 Jan 2010, 4:28 pm

My first post :) Congra11

Hello Kevin!
It's Beth again. It was so great to hear from you & with such great, uplifting news! My first post :) Star3I am so glad that things are beginning to get better & better for you!My first post :) Herz The Suboxone is an absolute "life saving, miracle drug!" My first post :) Icon_exclaim I had tried to quit taking pills for years upon years (for nearly a decade), in a million different ways, just to fail once again every time! My first post :) Icon_evil I truly felt hopeless, that I was beyond repairable & saw no way out. I didn't even feel like my life was worth living anymore. My first post :) Kopfschuettel Kevin, I have 3 children, ages 2,3 & 14! As well as a "hubby" & my parents & siblings, etc. I cannot even believe that those thoughts truly felt like the only option that I had at that moment in my life. My first post :) Icon_sad I am so thankful to have found out about Suboxone & being able to go onto it. I began taking it on May 5th, 2008, so around 20-21 months ago & my entire life is different, has changed! I am a very grateful woman to still be alive & with my family.My first post :) Star3 The journey has not necessarily been an easy road to travel, but well worth the results that continue to happen everyday to know that you have made it through one more day of living without regrets. Did that make sense? Sometimes I feel like I say something & don't know if I am expressing it well or not. My first post :) Icon_question I guess what I mean is that for everyday of not using, we may be far from perfect, but at least we are not under the control of that Oxycontin! (for me) We are bettering ourselves & that is a commendable trait. I know people who use the term "addiction" as an excuse to continue to use. They say they are addicted, so they have no choice. Kevin, thank God that we realized that we sure did have options & have chosen recovery! My first post :) Star3 Chosen life! My first post :) Icon_idea
I am very happy for you Kevin & hope to hear more from you soon!
Your Friend in Recovery,
Beth My first post :) Herz
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My first post :)   My first post :) EmptyMon 01 Feb 2010, 8:31 am

My first post :) Snowma10
Kevin
Please come back as often as you can (preferably everyday) and touch base with us. We really don care about you. It would be nice to have another actively posting member on the forum. We all have been through so much and have so much to share with others that are still trying to find their way down that dark road.
I congratulate you on your three weeks. The end of this week it will be one month!!
Each day it gets a little easier. And each day your footsteps will feel a little lighter.

I'd like to ask you a questions if I may, how is your pain now that you are not taking Vicodin anymore? Did/do you have chronic pain? Does the Suboxone help with your pain? We are all different and I like to ask members that have had pain in the past how it is for them while taking Suboxone.
Enjoy your day Kevin. Hope to hear from you again soon.
Yours in Recovery
Dee
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: My first post :)   My first post :) EmptyTue 16 Feb 2010, 5:41 pm

My first post :) Keepin10

Kevin,
How are things going for you. It has been awhile since you have posted and I am concerned as to how you are doing.
I do understand that you must be busy and we all get busy from time to time. But it would be nice to hear something back from you. Are you still taking 3 tablets a day or have you started the 2 1/2 a day. How is it going for you?
Are you still taking Ambien for sleep? So many questions I know.
Talk to you soon?
Dee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first post :)   My first post :) Empty

Back to top Go down

My first post :)
Page 1 of 1