Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My first post

Go down 
+2
nannamom
Jerilynkrismer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerilynkrismer

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-11

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 5:05 pm

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I haven't begun treatment yet because I can't get in to see a dr. Until aug. 30th. I would like to know about this medication. What's the first thing that happens, how do you feel ect. I have been on hydrocodone for years. This started from 2 back fusions and 3 back surgeries. I have to get off. I'm scared to death cuz I don't know life any other way. Does this really help and how do you start off. Thanks to anyone who will respond. Jerilynkrismer
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

My first post Empty
PostSubject: My first post   My first post EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 5:28 pm

Hi there!
I am so glad that you decided to join us. I'm Dee, we have already met. I know your going to love it here. We have some wonderful people here who are always ready to help out with any questions that you might have. Take some time to read the posts of the other members and please don't be afraid to ask any questions.
Being scared is normal.
I am going to let some of our other members share their experience with you. You have already heard from me and are probably ready to talk to someone else.
Good to have you,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 6:01 pm

[i][b]
Hi,Jerilynkrismer

Welcome to the board.

For me Suboxone literally saved my life. I've been addicted to opiates for over 20 yrs. I've been to several rehabs. I could never get anymore than one year clean and that was with me hanging on all the way.
Three yrs. ago I found about Suboxone. Sadly,I had to have several surgeries and the nightmare was back. So,last year I knew I had enough. It was get clean or check out and that would be easy for me but would leave my kids and grandson devasted and I couldn't do that to them.
Starting Suboxone for me was a very exciting day. It was great to not go thru withdrawal and as we all know that is the worse. Some Dr.'s will start you on it in there office and some send you home to start it on your own.
I also see a Therapist. It's good to have a therapist or go to meetings. Whatever you are comfortable with.

One thing I can promise you. You don't have to live with the addiction anymore. Some say it takes a few days to feel better. For me other than a headache in the morning for about a week I was fine.

Once we give up and make the decision to get the pills out of our lives is when we can feel free. You don't have to go thru W/D's ever again. You won't have to worry if you have enough pills to get thru. So many things will change. You will have your life back.

Having your life back has got to be the best blessing any of us can ever have.

I hope you will stick around and ask whatever you want.We've all been where you are and we all want to help.
okay.

Marie I love you
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 6:16 pm

Hello Jerilynkrismer and welcome to the forum,
Congrats on taking the steps to get your life back.

I've been on Suboxone for about 6 months and it saved my life.

I induced at home. Some Drs have you start in their office and others let you start at home (I think Marie talked about that too)
Did your Doctor tell you whether you'd induce there or at home?
Either way you'll have to be in mild to moderate withdrawal to start. Your Doctor will tell you what to do.
I was so very excited to start. I couldnt wait to be done with those damn pills. After the Suboxone kicked in, I felt great ! I felt normal. It's an amazing feeling I can tell you that.

Feel free to ask us anything. We are all in this together.
We have chat twice a week on Monday and Thursday, it would be great to have you join us !
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post EmptyWed 11 Jul 2012, 8:59 pm

Hey I'm glad you're here. I'm sorry that treatment is so far away for you. I personally induced at home. You should be in mild to moderate withdrawal to take your first dose. Your provider will explain more to you about precipitated withdrawal syndrome, but I will say that from what I've seen it's not pleasant, and it's much worse than mild withdrawal. That being said I personally didn't wait the amount of time the dr. reccommended, but I know my body and I know my symptoms. Not everyone metabolizes things the same way and not everyone needs 24-36 hrs to go into withdrawal. My first dose took maybe an hour to kick in and it took a week or so for me to feel 100%. Try to be as honest as possible with your provider about your symptoms and what you have used in the past, it will help them to regulate your dose and get you stabilized. There is also a website put out by the manufacturer of Suboxone that has a lot of information regarding how you will feel

Please try to get into some kind of support group to help with the issues that lead to your addiction. And keep coming back here. There is a wonderful group of ladies here with a lot of first hand experience that are totally willing to share it with you.

Good Luck you will be in my prayers
Monica

Back to top Go down
Jellybean

Female
Number of posts : 5
Humor : Don't Stop Believing! -Steve Perry
Registration date : 2012-06-14

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post EmptyThu 12 Jul 2012, 12:30 am

Hello and welcome, Jerilynkrismer. As you can see, all of us ladies are very warm and welcoming here, as we are all sharing the same experience. I myself just joined a few weeks ago, and I am a newbie myself...I got clean May 31st, with the help of Suboxone and also with the help of the ladies and FRIENDS I have made on this website. One of which is my Aunt. Going on Suboxone will be the best decision of your life...I know because it changed mine...and I never thought I could live without pills. Like you, for me it started with health issues, for me it was oral surgery and endometriosis, so I had 2 doctors giving me scrips. Then after 4 years I got involved with someone who introduced me to heroin when pills weren't around. Just when I thought there was no way out, I took my aunt's advice and gave Suboxone a chance, and I have never felt better. I normally couldn't go about my day without pills...I lost quite a few jobs due to my addiction, and also FAMILY relationships, which I am now getting back! There is nothing more rewarding than that. I urge you to give Suboxone a chance, and we are all here for you each step of the way. It is always scary at first for all of us, but I promise you when you start the medication and join us for our chats twice a week that you will realize you made the decision of a lifetime.

Good luck to you, and I really hope to see you on here!

Love,
Jellybean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My first post Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first post   My first post Empty

Back to top Go down

My first post
Page 1 of 1