Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HELLO ALL! New to the forum. 2 1/2 years clean on Suboxone!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkHelpsAll

Male
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-01-02

HELLO ALL! New to the forum.  2 1/2 years clean on Suboxone!! Empty
PostSubject: HELLO ALL! New to the forum. 2 1/2 years clean on Suboxone!!   HELLO ALL! New to the forum.  2 1/2 years clean on Suboxone!! EmptyThu 07 Jan 2010, 9:35 pm

I just rediscovered this forum and wanted to get back on to see if I could help anybody. I have over 2 1/2 years clean all thanks to Suboxone. Just after getting started on Suboxone in June 2007, I was laid-off as an automotive Engineer. ON paper, my life has been hell but in practice it has never been better since getting off and staying off drugs. Not only did Suboxone enable me to get off opiates, it has greatly relieved symptoms of a mental illness that was finally properly diagnosed. While it isn't "FOR" my mental illness, the fact that it has helped can't be separated from the reality that it works.

There IS life after drugs is what I'd say to anyone starting Suboxone. HANG ON and GIVE IT TIME. Suboxone alone won't "stop" an addict from using. You have to want sobriety more than you ever have before. Suboxone gave me the ABILITY to stop using opiates but I had to make it happen. I found that I had been self-medicating my mental illness (Borderline Personality Disorder) with opiates. Suboxone "cured" the cravings and also filled in the blanks that I had been using opiates for.

LONG TERM I think I will probably be on some level of Suboxone forever, but it is worth it.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

HELLO ALL! New to the forum.  2 1/2 years clean on Suboxone!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: HELLO ALL! New to the forum. 2 1/2 years clean on Suboxone!!   HELLO ALL! New to the forum.  2 1/2 years clean on Suboxone!! EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 10:06 pm

Thanks Mark
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

HELLO ALL! New to the forum. 2 1/2 years clean on Suboxone!!
Page 1 of 1