Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Today I have made it 30 days

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kimbo

kimbo

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Strange but there
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Today I have made  it 30 days Empty
PostSubject: Today I have made it 30 days   Today I have made  it 30 days EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 1:02 pm

Today I have made it 30 days without any opiates..The suboxone has given me a new lease on life .Its like the past is nightmare and seeing where I was and what I was doing ...That wasn't me ..As peel back the layers of what I was I find a man that has dreams and is a strong man that has been hurt through a lot of his own doing and has hurt a lot of other people for the sake of staying well .I find that I have passion for life now ..The DR. that I found hes great along with his therapist that works with him.. They told me that kicking the pill habit would be easy with the Suboxone they were right !!! The hard part was doing life without the drugs ..For years I have had one drug or another around to help me over the hard spots the good spots or any spots that sounded or felt like I needed help to deal with..Now its time for me to give back .. I have talked to my Dr. my 2 therapist and one other one . There willing to help me get a support group set up here in my area .Its in the baby stage now ..Wow there willing to help find money from different groups along with a couple of grants ..

30 days ago I would be reaching for my pill bottle now Im reaching out for life .. I have a disease. There is no cure I am special I am lucky I found this site and the people here..There support there strength need to shared the word gotten out to others .In the coming months I will keep everyone up to date on how I'm doing
Thank you for being here
Kimbo
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Today I have made it 30 days   Today I have made  it 30 days EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 3:49 pm

Today I have made  it 30 days Congra10

Hey Kimbo-
Great job on your first month on living clean of opiates! Today I have made  it 30 days Icon_cheers You have taken on this challenge with all of the energy within you & you are making leaps & bounds towards your own recovery, as well as having the desire to help other people who are struggling just like we have or still are. As we both know, this is NOT an overnight recovery process! We most certainly need time to heal!! From what I read from your posts, you seem to be doing better & better and I just wanted to let you know that I most certainly recognize it!! I am very proud of you! As I hope that you have that same self pride within you.. Today I have made  it 30 days Star3
How are things going on at home? Is your girlfriend feeling better since her surgery? Is she still laid up or is she getting back to normal? How is she treating you? Is she starting to understand your situation a bit better or is it all still being held over your head? Would she ever consider going to one of your counseling appointments with you to attempt to understand your disease better? If you were diagnosed with diabetes, would she want to help you to get stabilized & want to be included in your treatment? Or would that also be left competely up to you to handle on your own? Especially when you just took on the role of her caretaker after her surgery?!? Please don't get me wrong Kimbo, as you already know, I am struggling through some of these very same issues. Yet, in my situation, it has been nearly 2 years that I began my recovery, (Jan. of 2008) yet, not finding Suboxone until May of 2008 & IT IS STILL being held against me. I understand that it may take your girlfriend a while longer to re-gain that trust, but how long can we be persecuted for our past using days? A question that I often ask myself... How do YOU handle it Kimbo? I am just continuing to try to re-prove myself & keep my family together.
Anyways, long story short, I just wanted to tell you great job on your first month & I sincerely believe that you are a success story, my friend! Today I have made  it 30 days Icon_wink
Kudos to you Kimbo!
Love,
Beth
Today I have made  it 30 days Herz

Last edited by bfye on Thu 05 Nov 2009, 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Today I have made it 30 days   Today I have made  it 30 days EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 11:45 am

Today I have made  it 30 days OnlinefriendsAwesomeWork

Kimbo
I was going through my pictures this morning and came across this one of Barbara, Beth and myself (and I had to share it with you) We are so proud of you. From the first day that you joined this forum you have jumped in and posted. you have been here to offer support to others.
You are working your recovery and I have no doubt that you will continue to be a success.
Congratulations my friend.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Today I have made it 30 days   Today I have made  it 30 days EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 12:38 pm

Kimbo,
You know which one of those three "ladies" in that picture is me, right? Today I have made  it 30 days Affraid
(Careful Now!) Today I have made  it 30 days Icon_wink I am the one with my eyes crossed. Today I have made  it 30 days Fresse haha!!

But seriously, I had wanted to let you know that I had also posted above Dee's post & didn't want you to miss it! I'm proud of you Kimbo! Thank you for sharing that it had been 30 days ALREADY! Today I have made  it 30 days Star3 You are doing great & I am so happy for you & your continued success. I think that its wonderful that you want to help others & are taking action to do so.
Again, kudos to you Kimbo!!!
Beth Today I have made  it 30 days Herz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today I have made it 30 days   Today I have made  it 30 days Empty

Back to top Go down

Today I have made it 30 days
Page 1 of 1