Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

amateur hour at the suboxone club

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013, 11:47 pm

Those are NOT your friends! And they do NOT want what is best for YOU!
They want what is best for them.
So if they've got your DOC (drug of choice) or some Suboxone to sell you then you know that they are going to tell you to buy it and not jump off!
That exact thing happened to me. In the time between when I went to Detox and the time I went to a suboxone provider.
I see a problem though! You are expecting to be all discombobulated tomorrow! You have to expect the best BUT still prepare for the worst!
You should be expecting to feel good tomorrow. And you don't need to do much preparing just in case you do feel bad. You said that you're not going to do anything this weekend so you are prepared for the worst. But you should still be expecting the best of odds!
That is what I try to do anyways!

I hope that you are having a great night!

Much love. I love you Jazz
Back to top Go down
mrtaper

Male
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013, 11:52 pm

I agree!
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013, 7:06 am

Hi mrtaper,
There is one part in a previous post I'd like to comment on that I didn't see addressed. I see you mentioned Tramadol. I have a lot of experience with Tramadol. I took it while I was in active addiction whenever I didn't have any of my pain pills. I can say it helped with the muscle aches, BUT it is also pain pill. I have gone as far as weaning myself off my DOC & took just tramadol. I ended up abusing them as well. Tramadol effects the same part of the brain as percocet & hydrocode. It is very addictive even though my doctor said that it isn't as. It isn't as addicting for a person who has not been addicted to opiates. But once you're addicted or have a dependancy on any kind of opiate, then you are more likely to have a problem with Tramadol. So please, try to stay away from them.

As for chlonodine, I took that in detox & it was great! The problem I had with chlonodine is that I naturally run a low blood pressure. If you have a healthy blood pressure, then Chlonodine will work very well for you. Have you tried it yet? You will be amazed at how much it help with withdrawal symptoms. Some people who detox at home under their family doctor's care will be prescribed Chlonodine. I heard it is excellent for short term withdrawal. That and immodium. Drink lots of water & you should be fine. I feel you are very confused about how to taper, but like blue said, find a dose you can be stable on for about 5 to 7 days (less for you because you haven't had a long terma addiction). Then once you've gotten to the point where you can't possibly cut the dose any smaller, skip a day in between doses. I hope I was helpful in any way & I will light a candle for you. Be patient with yourself, you will be off these before you know it!!

Good Luck!!

-Rae
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013, 8:46 am

Morning,
Rae made some excellent points MrTaper, I hope you take them into consideration.

You made a comment regarding getting addicted to Suboxone.

None of us are addicted to Suboxone. We don't abuse it, we don't crave it or do anything possible to get our hands on it.
It's not like that.

We are, however, dependent on it. There is a difference. I hope you understand that. It's very important. I don't want you to worry about getting addicted to it.

Suboxone is a tool we use during recovery to get off opiates. Generally speaking, it's not recommended for detox alone. HOWEVER....it will do just that for you. It's up to you to do the rest.
On the other hand, we are not quite sure how to guide you through this, so I apologize in advance, if we stumble a bit, we are sure trying our best to help you get through this.

I'm going to put up a post regarding the special chat for you.
Let me know what times are good, and either today or tomorrow.
Since I'm not working and I can devote some time to help you through this.
Back to top Go down
mrtaper

Male

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013, 10:48 am

Hello,

Anytime today might be good for a chat thank you!

I understand your explanation for suboxone dependence. I had a girlfriend who I got to take suboxone to clean herself up and I watched the whole process intimately. Thats how I ended with some strips laying around. She introduced me to opiates too.

I am feeling better than expected. Its been more than 24 hours since I took my last dose (about .5 mg) so I am guessing I have dropped from somewhere. ie I think I am coming closer to the end. knock on wood.

As I said yesterday afternoon I was at/between 1.2 and 2.2 so that puts me at maybe .8 to 1.8 mg.

I would say my blood content of suboxone is about right where someone who, with no other suboxone or opiates in their system, took just 1 mg of suboxone.

Should I be using the COWS scale? I mean I dont know hard WD's from experience. If I had to be qualitative I would say I am feeling great. I would give myself a 1 out of 10 on pain or WD discomfort.

I will hold out on tramadol. I think it maybe is one of the drugs that was causing me WD's this last week anyway.

I have some xanax, ibuprofen and clonidine that I will use as necessary. In heard clonidine really helps wityh stomach discomfort.

Thanks everyone, talk to you soon.
Back to top Go down
mrtaper

Male

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013, 11:10 am

I think I want to help other people that may have been going through something like me. I would like to be able to come back and edit this and possibly make it the main post for people who are looking for answers. Is there a way to do that?

Me:

short term moderate use (2 months at 50mg of oxycodone/percoset or equivelant in Vic, H, Morphine, etc) of short acting opiates.

Started meds for pain. Continued and increased because of addictive behavior. Decided to stop with help from suboxone but without doctors help.

Came here.

The first week was mostly fine and acceptable. There were several times when my body insisted on going through symptoms, esp dilated pupils and anxiety, but a tiny piece of suboxone seemed to always work.

Once I probably took too much, got nauseous and then realized that it was an isoloated symptom and identified it as possible mild OD (the total opposite of WD's but potentially similar in that they make you feel bad).

My taper schedule with previous habit: right after each day I might add a note of how I felt

IF YOU HAVE BEEN USING SHORT ACTING OPIATES (percosets, heroin, vicodins, morphine...) AND YOU HAVE BEEN USING A SMALL TO MEDIUM DOSE DAILY ONO AVERAGE (THAT MEANS SOME DAYS NONE AND SOME DAYS MORE,ETC) AND YOU HAVE BEEN USING FOR A A AROUND 2 MONTHS AND YOU DONT HAVE A BIG OPIATE BACKGROUND....

THIS SCHEDULE MAY WORK FOR YOU

Wednesday: last day of short acting opiates in afternoon

felt good, opiates still in system though

Thursday and Friday: 6mg (adjusting process and fighting off initial WD's)

feel totally okay except for dose adjustment anxiety

Saturday 2mg noon

feel fine

Sunday: 2 mg or less total noon

feel fine

Monday: 2mg or less total noon

Tuesday: 2 small tiny pieces am and pm: total about 1.5 mg

feel fine until afternoon, then bigg pupils and anxiety and needed to take second dose (1 mg in afternoon)

Wednesday: 4 pieces throughout day, total: about 2mg (too much I think)

Nauseated in evening from mild OD

Thursday: 9am between .1 and .6 mg

felt good all day

Friday: .25 8:30am and .25 mg 10:30am

feel fine until 10am, then big pupils and anxiety and needed to take second dose (1 mg in afternoon)

Saturday: none

middle of night lost 3 hours sleep to mild RLS (treated w/ 1-2 mg xanax and clonidine, protein)

Sunday: TBA

I think there may something here that can help, maybe encourage or discourage people in a good way, in times of panic or anxiety.

Last edited by mrtaper on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013, 11:23 am

MrTaper..
I think it if great that you want to help others in your position.

Also can you please give a tine that you are available to chat so I know when to be available. Please and you!thank
Back to top Go down
mrtaper

Male

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013, 11:56 am

I am available at 730pm tonight
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013, 1:24 pm

Tonight sounds good for chat.

I think it's great that you want to help others. That's our sole purpose for being here and the fact that you want to help shows that you've grown from your experience with your addiction.

That's a huge step in the right direction.

Thank you for that.

Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013, 1:41 pm

Mrtaper;

I found this site that can help you learn how to cut your film down to very low doses.
Also had tips to taper.

We of course want to state here that we do recommend you use a licensed suboxone physician but I know you do not have one, I just wanted to put that out there.

http://www.rxfilmcuttingguide.com/instructions.html

Talk to you tonight

Blue
Back to top Go down
mrtaper

Male

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Apr 2013, 3:40 pm

I will be here at 730pm
Back to top Go down
mrtaper

Male

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013, 4:41 am

Got RLS. Cant sleep. Not bad but I dont know what to do...
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013, 4:48 am

I just happen to be up worrying about how you felt !

This advice might not help now, but over-the-counter med Hyland's Restful Legs has worked for people. It's also available in a PM version.

http://www.hylands.com/products/restfullegs.php

Maybe try to take a hot bath. It might help calm the nerves.
Are you also exercising as you taper ? - that's something else that you might find helpful as it gets the natural endorphins going.

Fingers crossed that your taper continues smoothly.

Last edited by Blue Eyes on Sun 14 Apr 2013, 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013, 9:15 am

Just checking in with you.
I hope you are sleeping now.

Let us know how your feeling when you can
Back to top Go down
mrtaper

Male

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013, 11:56 am

I think it only lasted a few hours. I was so sleepy I couldnt tell.
Back to top Go down
mrtaper

Male

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013, 12:01 pm

It was def kind of scary. Because I didnt know when it would end. I took one pill of clonidine and then 1 mg of regular release xaxan (which was on top on top of a long acting 1mg xanax) and then I drank a protein shake (for pottasium and magnesium. I coulve got neurontin yesterday but I didnt know it would help.

BUt its ok now. I am ready for coffee. A little late. I guess I had RLS for maybe 3 + hours based on it being noon
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013, 1:46 pm

mrtaper I hope your feeling better. When I read your post I immediately knew what you were feeling. They say that everyone has at least one symptom that really gets to them and for me that was it. I had to take lots of hot showers and baths and it did seem to help. I also wrapped my legs in a heating pad & electric blanket. As strange as that may sound it was helpful.
I'm not sure if the neurontin would have helped but it would have been worth a try. It was given to me at one point to help relieve sciatic nerve pain.
I hope you are able to get some relief. I will make it a point to be here off and on today to see if you are here and need someone to talk to. I am sure we all will be checking in on you.
We do care about you and know that you can do this.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
mrtaper

Male

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013, 2:14 pm

Thanks for asking. I feel different today. But overall about the same as yesterday. Which is good. Hopeful, confident and most of all, comfortable.

I will avoid xanax during the day so I dont get sleepy.

I really didnt expect more symptoms but it was manageable.

Its so strange this long suboxone half life. I guess thats why it works so well for tapering. It gives WD milder symptoms over more time. Which is almost like IT IS ALWAYS A TAPER even if one did not taper at all. Right? 37 hours, half is gone, 37 more hours half of that is gone (1/4), then another 37 hours and that is down to 1/8th. So one dose will taper from one whole dose to 1/8 dose over the period of one week or so. Even if no more is taken after the first dose.

It sure does keep me guessing. It really makes me want to understand this durg very well, to maybe one day help it get used in the best way possible.

I have started my day already and feel like I am at 75% or more ( which is not a bad day for me.

TTYL and thank you
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013, 3:46 pm

I'm SO glad your feeling better !!
I would still look into that Hyland product in case it comes back and you find that
it's keeping you up at night.

Did you see the new section we put up ??? I want you to feel free to put up links and write any information that you feel members would benefit from reading.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with that space !

Keep us posted on how your feeling.
It does seem quite annoying when you break down the half life doesn't it ???

Stay strong !!
Blue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013, 7:55 pm

mrtaper, maybe being able to post in the new area will help to keep you occupied during those moments that you can't sleep or when you just feel the desire to share.
I am glad you are feeling better and pray that you are able to get a good nights rest tonight. It was great talking to you at the chat by the way.

I did see somewhere online an actual chart of Suboxone and the half life. It was quite interesting. I'll see if I can find it and if I do I will post the link so that everyone can check it out.
Dee

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
mrtaper

Male

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Apr 2013, 10:32 pm

I am going to Walmart now to look for Hyland product in case I need it tonight.

But first off to see the new section
Back to top Go down
mrtaper

Male

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013, 2:42 pm

I had RLS last night. Worse than Saturday night. Is this normal? To have an isolated sypmtom last a few hours at night while sleeping. Xanax and Hylans and clondidne didnt seem to help to much. Very tired today, but feels like any tired day with only a few hours of sleep.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2013, 6:17 pm

I'm sorry to hear that the comfort meds aren't working.

Did you try a hot bath?

Keep trying the meds, and hopefully they will kick in an give you some comfort.
I've heard that the Hylands works so well. I'm so disappointed it didn't work for you.

Keep us posted.

How's your mood otherwise?

Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013, 6:18 pm

Mrtaper,

How are you ??
You haven't posted in awhile and I've been thinking about you !

Let us know when you have time

Blue
Back to top Go down
mrtaper

Male

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2013, 6:45 pm

Hello, checkin in. Doin fine. Neurontin must have helped the RLS. BTW I will add to the alternative treatment section when I have time. I dont want to rush that one. Ive never written that story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: amateur hour at the suboxone club   amateur hour at the suboxone club - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

amateur hour at the suboxone club
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next