Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I just started suboxone and need help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel1023

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2013-03-04

I just started suboxone and need help Empty
PostSubject: I just started suboxone and need help   I just started suboxone and need help EmptyMon 04 Mar 2013, 12:20 pm

Hi, my name is Angel. I’m not really even sure what I am looking for maybe just someone to listen that understands... I have serious back issues and had a lumbar fusion in 2008 after a car accident and recently had the hardware removed due to complications. After the first surgery I was doing
I posted in a different area but wasnt sure it was the right place ANY help please

ok with no pain med but in 2011 when I started feeling pain again is when the problem started. The drs immediately started giving me Norco’s ranging from 5mg and eventually going up to percet(sp?) 10mgs.i didn’t realize it at the time but at my worst I was taking anywhere from 15-25 a day and it would vary in strength depending on what I could get. After I had the hardware removed in Dec of 2012 is when I realized I had a problem I tried to slowly taper off of the pills and realized I was not only taking them for pain but that they had become a regular part of my life and without them I could not function. I tried to discuss this with my dr who gave me the med and she said I would be fine (not true) it got so bad that I was spending hundreds of dollars just to get thru until my next script I have two little boys at home who deserve a better mom than I have been so I decided to seek help on my own after being told multiple times that there was a waiting list or that they weren’t accepting patients I finally found a dr that took me.. Friday March 1 I started suboxone I went into the office where they did the COWS test and scored a 17 I did not go into precipitated wd but I now know that number was to low but the dr said" that’s good, that’s where most are at when they start" he gave me a full 8mg strip and within 20min I started feeling better with the exception of a horrible headache that later turned into a migraine making me very sick. now I don’t think this dr did anything purposely wrong as he sat with my sister and I for almost two hour I think he is fairly new at sub and is still learning himself, but like I said no one else in my area had openings my question is he has now put me on 12 mg a day split three times I am having trouble with headaches I haven’t been sleeping well at all(he also gave me clonidine hcl 0.1 mg to help with that but still not getting any more than 3-4 hours of sleep another problem I’m having is terrible mood swings happy, sad, angry, depressed. and a very upset stomach having a hard time holding food down. I am going to call the office today to discuss what I have been feeling but would appreciate any feedback from u guys. Do u think my dose is too high? to low? or are these things normal? I’m scared and I really want to be successful I know that the sub is working because along with these negative feelings I’m also experiences very positive things as well simple things like, I made breakfast with my son yesterday and for the first time since I can remember I enjoyed his company and I truly miss that feeling I want my life back for myself and my children please help
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: I just started suboxone and need help   I just started suboxone and need help EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 7:14 pm

Hi Angel and welcome to the forum,

I'm Blue, I 'm the forum moderator
I am so sorry I did not see this post when your wrote it ! Darn computer !

Congratulations on taking the steps to get your life back. You and I have had very similar
stories. I had a spinal fusion in 2009. I had dr after dr write me scripts and fill me with pain
meds. As soon as they realized I was addicted, they kicked me out.

12mg doesnt seem to be that high for you to begin with. I think the headaches could be something as simple as being dehydrated. Try drinking much more water than you have been. It's very important to stay hydrated while taking any type of opiate. Although Suboxone isn't a full antagonist, it's a partial antagonist. It still can dehydrate you like that.
Let me know in a few days if the water helps.
It could also be the Naloxone in the Suboxone. Some people find it gives them a headache. You could try spitting any excess saliva after the Suboxone has melted.
But I'd wait to try that.
I think the other problems could work themselves out once you stabilize. You've only been
on it for four days. Give your body time ok ?

I hope I helped some.

We have chat tonight (and thursday ) at 7:30pm EST if you want to join us and talk more.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Be well,
Blue
Back to top Go down
Angel1023

Female

PostSubject: Re: I just started suboxone and need help   I just started suboxone and need help EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 7:48 pm

Hi blue
It is very nice to meet u. Thank u for replying. These last few days have been hard for me. Although I have people in my life to support me I still feel very much alone. I know they love me and want to help but trying to explain what I'm feeling is next to impossible for someone who has never experienced anything like this and I feel like I am bothering them(they would never say that). I am having very weird emotions. Like I'm feelings things all over again for the first time. But I think I'm starting to get a handle on that. As far as the headaches I think they r slowly getting better. I did go see the dr today and he said pretty much the same thing as u. That I need to give myself time to adjust. He did however give me something for the nausea and also a numbing shot for my neck( it has been bothering me) he thinks from stress. It's helping so far. Today was my first day back to school and work and it went well. Happy to be home now though. Again thank u for replying and I look forward to getting to know everyone. I am going to try to make the chat tonight but I won't be able to stay long my son and I have plans. But I will try to make time for them in the future. Angel.
Back to top Go down
Angel1023

Female

PostSubject: Re: I just started suboxone and need help   I just started suboxone and need help EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 7:55 pm

Also I'm sorry but can u explain to me how to do the chat.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: I just started suboxone and need help   I just started suboxone and need help EmptyTue 05 Mar 2013, 8:19 pm

I'm glad you made it to the Dr and your feeling better.
I know what you mean about having support, but they really don't understand.
It really helps to have people around you that have been where you have.

Everyone here has been where you are. We will try to help you through this as best as we can.

To log onto chat, there is a chat window at the bottom of the main page. If you look at the top right hand corner of the chat box, it say log on. Click on that. And you'll be in chat !!

Looking forward to talking more,

Blue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just started suboxone and need help   I just started suboxone and need help Empty

Back to top Go down

I just started suboxone and need help
Page 1 of 1