Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question regarding tests to be done

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Question regarding tests to be done Empty
PostSubject: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 2:53 am

[b][i]

Hello Everyone,
I'm going to have to have some tests done in the coming week. It's a colonoscopy and endo.
This requires narcotics. My Sub Dr. is aware of it and has said,sometimes we have to take pain meds as long as we get back on the Sub and keep in touch with her.
This past week I had a stroke in my colon. Ischemic Colitis. I had no idea this even exsists. It was terribly painful for a week. I made it without taking pain meds.

My question is how soon do I need to stop the Suboxone so I can take the drugs for the first test which is Monday? I certainly don't want to wake up during this procedure. I have woken up during it before and it's not pretty.
I'm thinking I need to stop the Suboxone tomorrow. I just want to be certain. I tried to call my Sub Dr. today but the office is closed on Fridays.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Blessings To All
Back to top Go down
KJ

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 5:15 am

cajunmeme

I don't know what else to say besides, I have you in my prayers. I have yet to find my path with recovery, but am following this site in hopes of finding support. I hope you find the answers you need here, because I know what it's like to feel lost and alone. I have found help and good advice here, I hope you do the same...

Take Care,
Karla
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 12:52 pm

[b][i]
Thank You,KJ
I've been around this forum close to a year but lately I've had some problems and been kind of staying to myself. Not a good thing to do.

I have to run out but will come back to read back some of your posts.
I'm not sure if you've found your way to recovery yet but I do hope you will stick around. Dee and Beth are the best as you've probably already found out.

You don't ever have to feel alone again.

Blessings,
Marie

Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 1:38 pm

Hi Marie,

I'm new here too (Like KJ) Although I have been on Suboxone for a little over a month. I'm still trying to fit in here.

I am curious about your situation and when you have to stop Suboxone and then get back on it, so please keep us posted about that.

Take Care

Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 2:38 pm

[i][b]
Hi Blue Eyes,
It's great to see some new members. I'm so sorry I've not been around.
I can tell you that I've been around alot of Forums and this is the best by far. Dee the Adminstrator is very busy but she is full of info and she has the best heart.

I think I need to stop the Suboxone today. I have lots of problems with my stomach and colon and have to have that yucky test and it requires narcotics. I'm hoping that stopping the Suboxone today will be good enough for the meds to work on Monday.

I tried to contact my Suboxone Dr. Friday but no one is there on Friday. I'm not telling my Gastro Dr. about Suboxone b/c I want her to continue to take me serious and not throw that "addict" label on me.

I'm going to come back shortly and try to get caught up on some old posts and try to get caught up.

Blue Eyes, congra's on your month of recovery. I hope you feeling the benifits of Suboxone.

Blessings To All

Marie
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 10:32 pm

Marie,

Thought i'd check in and see what happened today ? Have you quit? Can you do that ? Just stop cold turkey ?

Don't we have to follow a taper to stop ? I'm guessing you had no time to do that ?
Your in my thoughts

Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 10:47 pm

[b][i]
Hey Blue Eyes,
I wish I could say I quit. I did cut my dose down and tomorrow I must quit. I certainly don't want to go have that test and not be able to go into lala land.

I've been reading on and off today of what's been going on here at the forum. I'm so sorry I've not been here for all the new members. I really am. Had it not been for Dee and Beth I don't know if I'd been able to hang on in the beginning. Especially with the crazy ass Dr. I had at the time and the Ins. denying me everytime I tried to get my meds filled.

I've not gotten to your story yet but did read a couple of your posts and I'm so happy you decided to hang around here. It's small but it's full of info and people who honestly want to help each other.

Thanks for checking in with me. I'll keep everyone posted and try to stick around much more often.

Marie
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 11:38 am

Marie,

Hope your doing ok today. How much Suboxone did you take today ?

Your in my thoughts, having to cut down enough for tomorrows procedure. I know you can do it ! Have you got in touch with your Sub Dr?

Keep in touch !
Back to top Go down
KJ

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 2:34 pm

Yeah... what she said! Very Happy I know it's going to be a rough few days for you Marie. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing..

Take care..
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptySun 05 Feb 2012, 8:07 pm

Marie,
I am so sorry to hear about all that you are going through my friend. I also had never heard of Ischemic Colitis so I had to look it up and see what it was. It does indeed sound very painful.
I wish some doctors weren't so biased towards addiction patients. We don't chose to become addicted and when we go on maintenance medication that should at least tell them something in the regards of what we are trying to accomplish by going into treatment.
Where I live the doctors seem to be a little less judgmental or at least in my area they are.

Last Spring I had to go outpatient for a Thoracoscopic Lung Biopsy and a Colonoscopy. Both procedures required me to be sedated. The Medication used was put in my IV and had no reaction with the Suboxone.
For pain the doctor gave me IV Demerol. I honestly don't know how much of the Demerol I felt but I was sedated. Didn't remember anything past the doctor telling me he was getting ready to give me something to relax me. Both doctors knew that I was a Suboxone patient, neither of them gave me a hard time but the nurse (for the colonoscopy) on the other hand was completely unprofessional.
I usually do tell them what medications I am taking in case anything happens or an emergency arises. This one nurse wanted to know why I was taking Suboxone. I figured if she didn't know, I didn't need to tell her. It was none of her business. The doctor didn't have a problem with it and like I said it was none of her business.

This past Friday night I was taken to the ER for my heart. I have SVT and a history of 2 heart attacks. While in the ER the doctor gave me an IV of Ativan. Because I didn't want any opiates for pain. My Suboxone doctor doesn't have a problem with me taking them if they are needed as she knows my past health problems and leaves it up to me as to what I need at the time. At the same time I didn't think it would be necessary.
The ER doctor thought I should have something as I was in quite a lot of pain so he ordered IV Ativan to try and get me to relax a little bit. Not long after the nurse gave me the ativan I was out of it. Seriously I was. I don't really remember much of the rest of the night but I do know that I didn't feel any pain after the injection.

What time is your procedure? If your afraid of not being able to get relief due to Suboxone is there anyway that you can wait and take it after you get home or later on in the evening? What dose are you on now?
I hope everything goes well for you. I am sending many prayers out to you.
Please let us know how you are doing when you are able. As you can see, you have a lot of people here that care about you my friend.

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 9:03 am

[i][b]
Hey Dee,
Great to see you,my friend. How is Beth?

I'm sorry you still having so many health problems. I hope you feeling better today.

My procedure is for 10am but of course I have to be there earlier.
Several years back I had this done and woke up during the procedure. Something you never want to wake up to....Yikes.
Believe it or not I'm still on 32mg. of Suboxone. Mostly for pain relief but I'm sure very soon that will start to drop. Right now we just trying to get me stable from all the colon and stomach problems I've been having.

My Mom had colon cancer so of course I'm taking this very seriously. Last year I had that ulcer that would not go away and was pushing on my pancreatis and they cut out part of my stomach. So,for me to be having problems so quickly is a big concern.

I'll come back later this afternoon and let everyone know how it went. I just pray to not wake up. I can deal with the rest.

Blesings,
Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 10:38 am

Marie my thoughts are with you this morning.
Take time to rest. We will be here when your up to talking.
Good luck my friend
Back to top Go down
KJ

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 3:12 pm

Hey Marie,

You are on my mind today. I'll be checking for ya here off and on all day. I hope everything went well today and you are doing well...

Karla
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 7:09 pm

Hey Marie,

I'm just checking in.

Hope everything went OK this morning and that your resting now.

Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 10:07 pm

[i][b]
Hello,Ladies,

I wanted to let everyone know I did really good. I cut my Suboxone down yesterday. I enforced to the nurse's how it takes more for me to get to sleep. I also told her it wasn't the Demerol that I needed,it was the Versad.
I'm so thankful I didn't wake up.

I have 2 more tests to do but that was the worst. I'll have to have drugs again for the Endoscopy but I'm not really concerned about that on so much.

I want to thank everyone especiially Blue Eyes and Karla for checking on me several times.

I hope all you gals are doing good.

Blessings,

Marie I love you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptyMon 06 Feb 2012, 11:37 pm

Glad to hear all went well. Get some rest
Back to top Go down
KJ

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptyTue 07 Feb 2012, 12:54 am

So glad you did so well today Marie. It's reassuring.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done EmptyTue 07 Feb 2012, 7:21 am

I'm so glad it all went Ok. I hope you slept good last night, I don't know how this test effects you but I hope yours was minimum.

well I better go get ready for work and get my teenagers up and ready for another day !!!

Be well ladies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding tests to be done   Question regarding tests to be done Empty

Back to top Go down

Question regarding tests to be done
Page 1 of 1