Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question on new Dr.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female
Number of posts : 187
Humor : Good,love people
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Question on new Dr. Empty
PostSubject: Question on new Dr.   Question on new Dr. EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 4:26 pm

I found a Dr. that can see me tomorrow but I just went to check him out and it turns he is a Gyn/OB.
WTH????
Then there is another Dr. that could see me Thursday and she is brand new with this.
I'm in desperate need of help. W/D are horrible. I'm going to have to pay for it no matter what Dr. I choose but it's 200.00 and hopefully I can get some of it back. Some I called were 600.00. Wow,talk about a rip off. It feels like they really feel they can charge a addict whatever they feel. you know,they not charging that kind of money for there other services.

What you think about this OB/GYN deal?

Thank you
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Question on new Dr.   Question on new Dr. EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 6:29 pm

Hi Marie,
Any Doctor can apply to become a Certified Suboxone Provider, provided they take the training class required, apply and recieve their Assigned DEA number they must have to prescribe Suboxone. The DEA number they recieve is different from the one they recived when they first start the original practive.

In order for a doctor to qualify for a waiver under DATA 2000 must meet any one of more of the following criteria:

• The physician holds a subspecialty board certification in addiction psychiatry from the American Board of Medical Specialties.

• The physician holds an addiction certification from the American Society of Addiction Medicine.

• The physician holds a subspecialty board certification in addiction medicine from the American Osteopathic Association.

• The physician has, with respect to the treatment and management of opioid-addicted patients, completed not less than eight hours of training (through classroom situations, seminars at professional society meetings, electronic communications, or otherwise) that is provided by the American Society of Addiction Medicine, the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry, the American Medical Association, the American Osteopathic Association, the American Psychiatric Association, or any other organization that the Secretary determines is appropriate for purposes of this subclause.

• The physician has participated as an investigator in one or more clinical trials leading to the approval of a narcotic drug in schedule III, IV, or V for maintenance or detoxification treatment, as demonstrated by a statement submitted to the Secretary by the sponsor of such approved drug.

• The physician has such other training or experience as the State medical licensing board (of the State in which the physician will provide maintenance or detoxification treatment) considers to demonstrate the ability of the physician to treat and manage opioid-addicted patients.

• The physician has such other training or experience as the Secretary considers to demonstrate the ability of the physician to treat and manage opioid-addicted patients. Any criteria of the Secretary under this subclause shall be established by regulation. Any such criteria are effective only for 3 years after the date on which the criteria are promulgated, but may be extended for such additional discrete 3-year periods as the Secretary considers appropriate for purposes of this subclause. Such an extension of criteria may only be effectuated through a statement published in the Federal Register by the Secretary during the 30-day period preceding the end of the 3-year period involved.

Once the provider jumps through the hoops that's not to say their going to be agreat provider, ( take a look at your last one) but at least they went through the training.
Not all doctors are like the last one you had.

There is a chance the OB/GYN is a good provider. Do you know how long they have been providing Services with Suboxone?
I guess the only way to find out to to meet with them.

As to the other provider, you can always go ahead and make the appointment just in case.
Beth had an experience with a OB at one point. This doctor was new to Suboxone and definately did not have his stuff together. He was completely clueless. It could be the OB that your going to see has decided to prescribe Suboxone in order to be able to help their OB patients.

I'm sorry that I've made this such a long winded reply.
Having to pay so much money up front is outrageous. How can anyone expect someone to be able to come up with that is beyond me. Especially with the way the economy is now. Not long ago I recived an email from a patient who was getting ready to enter into treatment.
The provider was charging over $900.00 for one month. And beyond that month there was no treatment. The doctor only did detox services. I sent them an email asking if they provided maintenance and their reply way they did not as they didn't belive in it.
To provided maintenance treatment with Suboxone would be an Oxymoron accroding the the doctor himself. He is the one that replied to me. I was left speechless and that doesn't happen very often.

Marie I really wish I could be there with you. I don't know what I could beyond offer support and ask a bunch of questions. You already know the questions to ask. Ask them and if you don't get the answers you want. You'll have your answer.
Do you have to pay out of pocket for the office visit? Or is this going to be covered by your insurance upfront?
Check in and let me know how you are.
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question on new Dr.   Question on new Dr. EmptyTue 07 Jun 2011, 9:49 pm

[b][i]

Hey Dee,
Yes,I have to pay 250.00 then 200.00 after. I don't know if my Ins. will give it back or not and if they do they may not pay it all. I hope I don't have trouble with the RX when I go to fill it since I'll have a new Dr.

There was another Dr. I had talked to and there is a part of me that wants to see her but I can't see her till Thurs. and I'm about to loose my damn mind. She only has a small practice that is strictly Suboxone. I'm not sure how I felt about that but I was able to speak to her personally. Her receptionist told me something about the DEA# would be different and she didn't think Ins. would pay for it. I have no idea what she was talking about. I was trying to call all these Dr. and my brain got scrambled.

I'm so scared I'll go tomorrow and for some reason he doesn't give it to me. I was thinking I wonder if he needs some kind of info like the other one did. It's hard to believe I just go in there and tell him the problem and I get a script. I just want to get back on the Suboxone really bad. I can't stand the way I feel..It's just horrible.

Dee,I wish you could be with me as well. My husband is going with me but I don't think he'll come in with me to see the Dr. I think he wants me back on it as well. He saw the difference then and now.

I'll let you know how it goes. Please keep me in your prayers.

Love,
Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question on new Dr.   Question on new Dr. EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 11:09 am

Question on new Dr. Nw_sum10

Good morning Marie!
I have some news for you that should bring you at least a little relief.
But first I want to say something. If your heart and gut is telling you to see the other provider, that is what I would do. Anytime you feel iffy about a provider, or anyone else. Listen.
You have been through too much so far to go through more.

Now for my news. I made a few phone calls and I will say up front that I hate the way phones are answered the way they are now days. Why can't someone just pick up the phone and say, "hello, thank you for calling so and so. How may I help you today?"

I spoke to the Prior Authorization Department for Humana. I was told, as long as you have an authorization for your medication you will not have to submit another prior authorization. Each medication is assigned a National Drug Code and once that medication is entered into the system as being authorized, it doesn't matter that you switch providers. It is covered.
This is concerning prescriptions that are written by the provider and dispensed at a participating pharmacy. NOT for drugs that are dispensed at clinics such as Suboxone or Methadone clinics where you get the medication directly at the clinic. Unless in the case of Suboxone you are talking about the in office induction. But now days most Suboxone Providers don't do the induction in their offices anymore and that is not the way it was originally done.
That is another topic for another day though. You don't want me to get started on that one.

I want to give you the link for the forms page of Humana. On this page you can find any form needed in regards to them. Prior Authorization forms for providers, exceptions forms etc.
Bookmark it. I don't know how long your authorization was for. Some are 6 months and some are one year depending on the company. You should receive a letter in the mail telling you and if you haven't then call and find out why or have them resend it out to you.
But as long as you have the page you can download the form and when you need it again take it to your provider yourself. It sucks that you have to do everything yourself or have had to in the past. Let's hope this one will be different.

I can't wait for you to check back in today to let us know how it goes.
Take care, talk to you soon.
Dee

Humana Link:
http://www.humana.com/providers/pharmacy/prior_authorization.aspx
Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question on new Dr.   Question on new Dr. EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 2:50 pm

[b][i]

Thank you,Dee for taking the time to search for that. You so right,why cant they just answer the phone. It's very annoying.

I went to the new Dr. I had to pay for it and then he tells me I have to go back next week untill I have a clean UA. Are you kidding me? I doubt many ppl go for Suboxone will have a clean UA. Which means I have to pay another 200.00. At first he didn't want me to be on 24 mgs. but he did and said he would slowly wean me off it completely. I hate to keep changing Dr's but I don't think I'm very pleased with him either.

Then I go to the same Pharmacy and they said my Ins. denied it. I like to have lost it right there. So,she called the Ins. and then let it go thru. It was authorized for the film not pills of which I told the Dr. that. I feel like nobody ever listens to what I'm saying.

I'm feeling a lil better it's only been about 30min since I've taken a dose. The thought of coming up with more money so soon will weigh heavy on me. I wish they had told me that when I called.

Now,I'll have to get myself ready to fight the Ins. to try to get my money back or at least some of it.

I guess time will tell if I like this Dr. or not. He can't be any worse than the other one. They do answer there phone. A real person answers...Imagine that? Surprised

He did say he wanted me to bring my blue book that I have from the HeretoHelp program and that we would discuss things going on in my life. So,maybe that's good.

Beth and Dee,thank you both so much for being here for me. I really thought I'd have a nervous breakdown over all this. I'm still not sure what I feel but at least I have a chance to get back on the Suboxone.

Much Love To You Both

Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question on new Dr.   Question on new Dr. EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 4:26 pm

Question on new Dr. Rose10

What do you mean he wants you to be clean?
What the heck!
I do agree how many people go to their first appointment free of opiates?That is why they are there in the first place. It's only once they get ready for their induction they should be at least in mild to moderate withdrawal. Hello?
Did he do a urine screen today?
Don't worry about people not listening to you, I get that too and I have been doing this since 2006. Even with all of the research I've done. I still get questioned and talked down to by some people.
My provider and counselor on the other hand, aren't like that and I appreciate them more and more everyday.
The doctor you saw today was the OB doctor right?
Since he doesn't take your insurance, can you find out if they will at least bill the insurance company for your reimbursement? If not, you can submit the paperwork yourself, you will need to proper coding though. I have some of the codes here at the house and can talk to Deborah to see about getting the rest of them for you if needed.

At any rate, I'm very glad for you that you are back on your medication. Things can only get better from here on in. Smile
Enjoy the day and have some fun. You deserve it.
Talk to you later,
'Dee

Back to top Go down
cajunmeme

cajunmeme

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question on new Dr.   Question on new Dr. EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 6:26 pm

[b][i]

Thanks Dee..
I think I have the code from the receipt. It doesn't say much though. Just checked it by the Limited/Intermediate and the receipt attached.

I forgot to tell you. He said I also tested positive for Darvon. I haven't aken Darvon in at least a year and it has been taken off the market. I think he saw it on my history and for some reason I was testing positive for something he didn't know.

In Jan. I was drug tested. I was on the pain pills and it came back positive for..Cocaine,Pot,Estacy a couple other things and NO opiates. I was on opiates and I was NOT on anything else. I demanded a blood test and of course that come back clean. Do you know that Dr. dropped me over that? She said it was to risky. So,I don't know what's going on with me and drug test.
I remember telling her I wouldn't know where to get thoses drugs. Of course she didn't believe me and I was so upset. It's one thing when I'm guilty but awhole different story when I'm innocent.

I'm getting ready to call the Pharmacy b/c I opened up one of the films and it's all broken. So I opened another to see how it was and it's all broken in pieces.

I need a vacation.

Thanks for everything.

Love,
Marie
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Question on new Dr.   Question on new Dr. EmptySun 12 Jun 2011, 10:33 pm

Hi Marie,
Just a check in before I head off to bed.
I'm sorry that I haven't been here lately. I just looked at the date of your post and it was on the 6th. With today being the 12th I can't believe I have been away that long. Where has my time gone to?
I feel badly that I haven't been here. Usually I try to be available to everyone. We had two baby shower in the family last weekend and this week both mothers had their new miracles.
One in Indiana and one here.
Tomorrow I plan to go up and see the one that is here. The new mom and I never really got along but I think it's time for us to put our past differences behind us and move on.
That's hard to do in this family though. It's always someone that causes others stress and problems. Everyone wants to be the center of attention and if they don't get it, watch out.

How did you make out at the pharmacy about the Suboxone that you needed to take back? Did they replace it for you?
How are you feeling? Any better?
Give yourself some time. You have been through a lot these last couple of weeks and can be expected to need some Marie time.
When was the last time that you and your other half spent the day with just the two of you doing nothing but nothing?

Will you be seeing that new woman doctor this week? Please let me know how everything goes.
Get some rest and take care.

Question on new Dr. Deegoo10

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question on new Dr.   Question on new Dr. Empty

Back to top Go down

Question on new Dr.
Page 1 of 1