Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Beinok

Beinok

Female
Number of posts : 16
Humor : Great sense of humor
Registration date : 2009-02-16

Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone? Empty
PostSubject: Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone?   Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone? EmptyFri 20 Feb 2009, 8:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been on Suboxone over a year now. I NEVER had a "sweet tooth" before Suboxone. During the time I have been on Suboxone, I created a cookie monster! Has anyone else noticed this as a side affect of Suboxone or am I just looking for a good excuse? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone?   Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone? EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 12:12 am

Hi Beinok,

I know heroin addicts crave sugary treats...so do alcoholics. I know when I worked with women who were withdrawing from alcohol, I gave them spoons of honey. This would settle their stomachs and give them energy.

I love sweets and always have a desert made and have cookies or cake all the time. Tonight I made two batches of rice pudding. One for a neighbor and one for me. I need to put on as much weight as I can because I soon will be going on a treatment for Hepatitis C. I'm going to be going through something like withdrawals only I know it will be the medicine making me well. I'll lose a lot of weight during the treatment, so I need to gain it so I'll have it to lose.

I hope my ramblings have answered your question.

Love, Barbara
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone?   Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone? EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 1:16 am

Hi Beinok and Barb, I also have cravings for sweets. It has been a lot more intense since I been on the Suboxone. It is ok with me. I been on a pudding kick also. I been making chocolate and butterscotch puddings and pudding poke cakes. Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone?   Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone? EmptySat 21 Feb 2009, 10:32 am

Good Morning Beinok,
In the beginning I had an awful craving for hot sauce. Now that it's gone,
I have noticed that I wake up every night at the same time needing something sweet. I actually keep a box of chocolate fudge pop tarts next to my bed. I wake up, eat one and go back to sleep. Isn't that horrible?
I imagine there could be worse things that I could do though. Laughing
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Sammmy

PostSubject: I do have a Question   Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone? EmptySat 07 Mar 2009, 10:11 am

Hi Everyone Question Like a Star @ heaven bounce I love you study I like these guys lol
I know Alcohol basically turns into sugar that's probably why people who drink alcohol, or used to crave sugar, I like what was said about a tea spoon of honey, plus honey is good for you, My question is has anyone here have been on methadone and then Suboxone? and if so was comming down from methadone really hard, or just somewhat? please help, Have a good day all. Hugs Love Sammy.
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone?   Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone? EmptySun 08 Mar 2009, 2:37 pm

Sammy, hi honey,

Things are as hard as we make them. Fear is 95% of the hardest thing to get through. Once you have a take charge of your life attitude and have confidence and most of all rely on God to give you the strength to get you where you want to be. Take care of your mind and your body will follow. Follow the guildlines for tapering from Methadone. Go to www.MedicalAssistedTreatment.org and read the answers to your questions. Keep posting and your fear with get smaller and smaller. I will walk through this with you. Just remember you are doing something for your body and when your mind figures out what you are trying to do, it will get happy.

I've got to go out to do some yard work. Exercise and being out in the sun (with sunscreen) will do wonders for your mind and body. It's almost spring...this would be a good time to do a change.

Good luck and know I love and care about you.

Yours Always,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sammy

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone?   Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone? EmptySun 22 Mar 2009, 9:38 am

Hi Everyone Wink
I have really missed you, Barbara I see you are going threw your own thing as well, and here you are helpping me, Thank you so very much, and I know God will take alot in my husband and I getting ourself's back, Although I myself don't have to come down because I have the insurance to cover me, But deep inside I want to be right behind my husband whom I love ever so much. I too know about needing sugar, But because of my sugar level from my blood work came back rather high I decided to stop eatting coco cereal lol, I'm positiive this is were I was getting way too much sugar in my system, so I just totally stop eating that cereal, and started to eat plian cherrio's, and watch that I didn't indulge in any thing that had too much sugar, I don't eat cake and as far as cookie's that I do love I had quit eatting those awhile back, I hadn't had any soda in about 2 year's, Mostly I drank water, and soy milk with omeaga 3 with my cereal, Plus learning what is good for our body's like tuna is a good brain food, although I don't eat much of it, and eatting pea's plain pea's Smile, Also eating a boiled egg is good protien, and brain food. Acually you can eat 3 of them, It doesn't seem like a delightful diet but the out come is great, Also I love walking so that was a plus, and I learned if you walk a hour you loose 100 calorie's, or even basic stretches is good. I read alot of great tip's at Health@realage.com it's a great sight to help anyone threw just about any health issue's you may have. I will be back to check In, I hope you all are doing very well Barbara I'm keeping you and everyone here in my daily prayer's, I am so glad to have you all in my life Dee thankyou for E-mailing me and letting me know I am missed, a Deborah I hope all is well with you and hope to hear from you also, Cathy and Beinok It's nice to meet you. This is a great Family. You all have a part of my heart, Love Sincerely Sammy. PS I do enjoy reading all your post, they help me so much Thankyou.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone?   Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone? EmptySun 22 Mar 2009, 10:30 pm

Hi Sammy,
I have have also been to the real age site. I took their test. The test that I am talking about is the realage test. Where it takes all of the information about you and your lifestyle, then it tell you your age in realage. Even though I am 50 to be 51 in May when I took the test my real age came out to be 67. I couldn't believe it, but knowing that made me aware of the fact that I really needed to cut back on a few things. I am glad to see that you are taking the steps to get healthy, and it is good to see you again.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
gram2six

PostSubject: Sweets & Suboxone   Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone? EmptySun 05 Apr 2009, 3:26 pm

RE: Sweets: Oh yes I DID get the munchies, of sort~after gaining 25 lbs, my doc put me on a zyban med, now I have more energy
and am tempted...but I have been buying those gummy~fruit 'candy', although it is candy, it DOES have some fruit, and it calms
my sweet tooth~even bought some of that friut drink by V8~Fusion, and that is the one you 'get' all of your fruits and veggies...
youm, I have that in the afternoons instead of a soda, which I am down to about 1/2 can of it a day.

But, this is me, It maynot help you; good luck anyhow!

L in VT
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone?   Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone? EmptySun 05 Apr 2009, 4:06 pm

L in VT,
Thank you for your input. I am sure that it will be helpful to some of the members.
Zyban has been used for years as an aide to quite smoking. It also contains the same active ingredients as Wellbutrin which is prescribed as an antidepressant.
The idea of drinking the V8 Fusion instead of soda and, gummy fruit candy as well is a great one.
Congratulations on cutting down on your intake of soda, that is something that I myself am working on.
You are most welcome to join us and post again. I noticed by your signature that you are in VT. It is good to see someone from my neck of the woods. I look forward to hearing from you again.
Yours In Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone?   Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Cravings for sweets as a side affect to Suboxone?
Page 1 of 1