Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What would happen if the Regulation surrounding Suboxone were lifted?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

What would happen if the Regulation surrounding Suboxone were lifted? Empty
PostSubject: What would happen if the Regulation surrounding Suboxone were lifted?   What would happen if the Regulation surrounding Suboxone were lifted? EmptyMon 13 Sep 2010, 8:34 pm

Good Morning!
In talking with my Suboxone Provider a couple of weeks ago she brought up an interesting question and I thought I would post that question here for some feedback. Please comment. I'd like to see what your opinion is.

What If?

"Why does Suboxone have to be so tightly Regulated anyway? What would happen if it were to be made an Over The Counter medication? For example like the different cough and cold medications that require purchase through your pharmacist.
You would have to sign a form to purchase the medication and a log is kept of the date, and quantity that you bought. A copy of that log would be sent to the DEA or whatever agency was set up for the monitoring of the medication. You would also be allowed a limited quantity of medication as set forth in advance by the DEA.

If this were to happen, would the Suboxone sales increase? Decrease? Would more people start taking it as a tool to be used in recovery or would they use it as a substitute until something else could be found on the street? An idea like this opens up a lot of room for discussion. I would like to hear your opinions.
Feel free to post your comment below.

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

What would happen if the Regulation surrounding Suboxone were lifted? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would happen if the Regulation surrounding Suboxone were lifted?   What would happen if the Regulation surrounding Suboxone were lifted? EmptySat 18 Sep 2010, 11:27 am

What's Up

Wow, c'mon guys doesn't anyone have anything to say about this? I thought that of all of the conversations we could have had on here, this one would have been one to get the words flowing.
What about all of you that have had problems in getting into a Certified Suboxone Provider? What would you have done if this would have been an option?
Or how about those of you who are having a problem in paying for your medication each month, do you think something like this would make the price of Suboxone drop any?
There are all sorts of angles to look at here.

Let us here from you. Get involved!

Enjoy your weekend. And remember, if you need someone to talk to or have any questions or concerns about your recovery or Suboxone, we are always here to help you in whatever way that we can. We care about each and every one of you.
Have a great day!
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

What would happen if the Regulation surrounding Suboxone were lifted?
Page 1 of 1