Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello Friends

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Hello Friends Empty
PostSubject: Hello Friends   Hello Friends EmptyThu 22 Aug 2013, 8:38 am

Hello all,  I want to apologize for not being around.  I seem to have fallen away from this forum & I feel bad.  It's something how when we start to feel better & stronger, our priorities change & we lose sight of those who were there for us. I hope to make an appearance more often.

I am currently down to 2mg and remained at that dose for quite some time.  I have read up thoroughly on Suboxone before I started it & recall the comments on how difficult it can be to taper once you are down to 2mg.  I was taking my 2mg only in the morning but found myself waking up at 4 am with mild withdrawal symptoms.  I decided to cut my dosage and take 1 mg in the morning & 1 mg in the early evening.  It has helped dramatically.  Now, for my morning dose, I cut my 2mg strip in half then cut another little sliver off the 1mg before I take it.  I barely noticed a difference so I will continue to do this cutting a little more every week (give or take a day).  I'm hoping by doing this I will find my taper more comfortable.  It will take much longer, but I knew from the beginning it wasn't healthy to put a time frame on when I should be off the sub. Even though I knew I had to be patient & listen to my body, I still wanted to be off the sub by the end of the summer. I see that will not happen and that's OK.

I write this in hopes that it will help someone to have a better idea on how to taper comfortably.  Because we are all different, it's very important to know there is no one size fits all when it comes to your taper.  You need to listen to your body & not lose sight of the goal.  The goal being to get off suboxone (unless you need to be on maintenance of course).  I say this because from personal experience, I lost sight of my goal which is why I've been on 2mg for a long time.  I even found myself taking a little more than 2mg for whatever reason I could think of at that time.  Finally, I buckled down & reminded myself that this suboxone is a tool in my recovery,  it's not my miracle drug to keep me off pills.  I still have work to do and it's time to get serious.  Of course, there were so many other circumstances which helped me lose sight of my goal.  I closed my store, I have to fight to keep my health insurance, dealing with the government, etc.....so many things that took up all my energy.  I am back on track these last few days & I remembered those who have helped me get this far.  I felt bad for not returning the favor. I've missed you all & hope to chat with you soon!

Love & Hugs,

-Rae
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

Hello Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Friends   Hello Friends EmptySat 24 Aug 2013, 4:06 pm

Rae,
I have been guilty also of not being around much. The summer has flown by, between getting ready to go on vacation and then coming back and winding down, it seems to have consumed my entire summer.

My dose has been up and down most days too. I was doing really well on 4mg, and let it slip back up to 5mg. I don't know why, other than being lazy, I stopped cutting a 4mg piece in half and taking it once in the morning and once in the early afternoon. I am promising myself that come tomorrow, I will get back track too !
Thanks, Rae for posting, and getting me to think about my own dose. Time to get serious again !
Rae, I also hope your situation eases up and your not as consumed with negative situations as you had been.
Hope to have a chat with you and Dee (Hi Dee !) soon.

Stay positive and strong,
Blue
Back to top Go down
livelovelaugh

livelovelaugh

Female
Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Hello Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Friends   Hello Friends EmptySun 25 Aug 2013, 8:00 am

Thanks Blue! I too can't believe how fast summer went by! It honestly feels like someone came & took about 4 hours out of each day. I remember days dragging on as a child, now I blink & a week has passed!
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who kinda slips off track. I accidentally took a little extra yesterday (REALLY! It was an accident) LOL Actually, I had a feeling it was the bigger piece but I was driving, so I just popped it in my mouth without checking. When I came home I saw I was right. But that's OK, I'll go back on track today.

As for all that negativity, it seems to have panned out. Either that or I took control of it. I say its the latter. I took a step back and reminded myself that everything is as it should be. I also feel that once school starts, I be able to find a better rhythm. With my son being home all day with me and not having my store to obsess over, I've had a hard time adjusting. But once he's back at school, I can focus on my work & studies. I'm very excited to learn kinesiology which I will start in September. Plus, I will have more time for my online sales. Until then, I will continue to feel as if everything is still up in the air. I feel a bit sorry for my hubby & son though. Now, all my energy has turned to them & I fear I am driving them nuts! For 6 years I was unable to be the mom & wife I've wanted to be because my store took up all my time & energy. Now I can go back to cooking homemade meals, I can make Halloween costumes (super excited about hat one) AND I can purge my house. It needs it!

I've chosen to go with the flow and not fight what the universe is trying to teach me.

I hope everyone has a Happy Sunday!!

Love & Hugs,

-Rae
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Friends Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello Friends   Hello Friends Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Friends
Page 1 of 1