Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Checking in :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nature Lover

Female
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-08-19

Checking in :) Empty
PostSubject: Checking in :)   Checking in :) EmptyMon 10 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

Hey everyone!

I am so sorry I have not been around; I have been busy, sick, and tired as can be. I went to the walk-in clinic Friday when I took my daughter to her doc. They gave me Augmentin for a sinus infection I had been struggling with all week, but was just too busy to take care of. I dont think I have ever taken it before, because I would have remembered how tired and sick it makes me. I got on the forum Friday to get caught up and post, but ended up just passing out. I slept all weekend. I am just going to have to get something different, although the antibiotic is working, I can't function on it. As far as sub goes, I still have the sweats like crazy. It is extremely embarrassing at schoo...I am constantly covered in sweat..there is just no way of hiding it. I keep an extra ice pack in my lunch box, and go into the bathroom to put it on my wrists. That works for a bit, but the sweats are always there. I go to see my sub doc on Friday. I called today and told them that I want a full panel ran, and think I should schedule an ultrasound w my endometriosis doc that is in the same town as my sub doc. I have come to the conclusion that it is either a problem with the subs, or hormone issues again. Its miserable. I have been dosing 3 times a day, and take between 2mg - 4 mg at each dose. The pharm said that is the best to try to control pain. The pain control is ok at times, but as I said, I am very sleepy. With the sinus infection, sweats, antibiotics, and subs...I have no idea what is doing what to my body!

I really am sorry that I have not been around. I think about you guys, I can just hardly keep my eyes open long enough to do the things I HAVE to do, let alone the things I WANT to do. However, I will be sure to check in prior to my appt with the sub doc, in case someone has any suggestions for me, and will be sure to do an update after my appointment. I will try to get here Thursday to I can catch up with everyone...Dee's new house Smile and Blue and Tammy, Monica and Jelly...aaahhh I have not talked to anyone! Sad

Oooh yea...3 weeks today!!!!!!! Smile

Missing you all!
Nature
Back to top Go down
http://tommye.l.ham@wmich.edu
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Checking in :)   Checking in :) EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 6:58 pm

Hi Nature !!

We sure miss you too !
Chat's not the same without you Crying or Very sad

I'm so sorry you've been sick. That sucks !!
I think getting a full blood work up is a good idea. I had that done. Actually, my sub doctor
ordered it.

I hope to see you at chat tomorrow night.

Hugs,
Blue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Checking in :)   Checking in :) EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 9:12 pm

Hi nature, it is good to hear from you and I hope you get to feeling better soon. The antibiotic that you are taking "Augmentin" is a powerful one and is a combination of two medications. It could be a number of things that has you feeling bad. With most antibiotics you sometimes will feel worse before better while it does it's work in getting rid of the infection that is invading your body. Sinus infections can make you feel so bad and that could also be the cause of your being so tired. It is a great idea to have the complete blood workup done to rule anything else out.
Take care of yourself and rest as much as possible so that you are able to get back up on your feet. Don't over do it too soon, you know how easy it is to relapse with an illness. It's kind of like having the flu bug, you get to feeling better and do to much too soon and before you know it you are sick again.
We have missed you though.
Get better and we can all get caught up.
Take care,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Checking in :)   Checking in :) EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 10:07 pm

Hi nature I'm glad that you are getting the care you need for your sinuses. As I've said before, I wonder if it could be hormonal issues causing your sweats, especially since you have endometriosis.

I need to apologize to all of my friends here. I know that you all know that I'm busy with the kids and stuff, but just when I thought last week things were settling into a routine more got added. I know that yall who have some time under your belt understand what I mean, the longer you are in recovery the more responsibility you have. I miss all of you sooooo much. I promise I will be here as soon as I can. In the mean time, most of you have my number or email and I would love to hear from you even if it's just to say hi. I will try to check in here every morning for new posts that I may be able to help with. Until I can get back to my regular participation here, please know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. I love all of you and I miss so much our chats and just hearing from yall.

Much love my friends,
Monica
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Checking in :)   Checking in :) EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 10:21 pm

Monica,
It is good to see you. I'm glad your doing okay and I can relate completely. The weekend before last was our move and I was so lost trying to keep caught up with everything going on. I even forgot about my regular weekly counseling appointment.
It will be good to have you back
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Checking in :)   Checking in :) EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 10:30 pm

Dee,
I understand about forgetting, I was doing a f2f tonight and when I chair I always make announcements concerning other area meetings, activities, and other recovery related stuff. I completely spaced on what went on when, kinda embarrassing and the worst of it is that I know that some of the less sincere members of the group will decide I must have been high, b/c I didn't go into detail with them about what was going on. I just said that I have a lot of stuff happening right now and my mind is cluttered and left it there. Some of them are what I call clean addicts, they aren't using but they're not in recovery either, I don't worry about them or what they think, but honestly I'm not sure how I will handle it if some crap like I was high tonight gets back to me. I've worked my a$$ off for this group, but we have some people who just want to talk about others to avoid their own problems and despite the fact that I understand where the crap comes from, it is hard not to throw a few turds yourself when you feel like you're in a cage full of monkeys who are all throwing poo at you. The serenity prayer helps, but I'm still human.

Much love my friend,
Monica
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking in :)   Checking in :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking in :)
Page 1 of 1