Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012 Empty
PostSubject: Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012   Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 12:22 am

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to do a quick check in with everyone and thank all of you for attending our chat sessions.
I hope all of you are doing well and will check in as well.

Monica,
I can't wait to hear about your long awaited vacation! I hope you had so much fun, isn't it great when you are able to get away and just have fun with the kids and not think about anything else?

BlueEyes,
How was the Birthday? Was it a Carvel cake?? I hope you remembered to eat some for me! Thank you for keeping up with the chats, I know that sometimes it can get discouraging waiting and not have someone show up and I want you to know how much I appreciate everything you do.

Marie,
I have missed you so much and I hope everything is okay over your way.

We have so many great members and it is hard for me to name all of you but rest assured that we do care about each and everyone of you. If any of you have any questions or concerns about your treatment please speak up. That is what we are here for. To help you in anyway that we can.

It has been so cold and rainy here lately but I am really looking forward to tomorrow. We are finally supposed to have lots of sunshine and warm temps. Up in the 80's for us. I can't wait!!
My son has an interview for a job in the morning and could really use some prayers, he has tried so hard to find a job since getting out of school but isn't having much luck. It seems like everyone wants someone with experience. Well how can you get the experience if you can't get hired to get that experience.
I would love to create a blog aimed at employers. I mean really, there are a lot of them out there that will tell you how to dress, talk, walk etc when you go in for a job. But I haven't seen any that tells management how to conduct an interview, call the prospective employee back etc.
I know, I know, I am on a rant but I am feeling so discouraged right now. Things will turn out okay I'm sure.
Bring on the sunshine!!
sunny

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012   Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 6:00 am

Dee,
Sending prayers for your son ! I sure hope something comes through. Exclamation

Loveandlight (Jeanie)
Hope all goes well at orientation. I know exactly how your feeling and emotions are running high with our babies heading out to college !
Let me know how the films are for you. I hope my tips helped.

Jellybean,
Good luck to you too on finding a job. Stay strong, stay positive. Things will turn around for you. And this time, you'll be ready for the challenge. Please say a prayer also for Ms. Jellybean that she lands a long awaited job!!! Hey, how are those laxativies ? LOL Exclamation

Marie,
I miss you to !!! PLEASE stop by chat tonight !

All our members are special, please step up and introduce yourself if your new, or if you have been lurking and reading. We would love to hear from you.

See you in chat tonight !!! cheers

Monica, I sure hope you stop by chat and tell us all about your vacation !!!
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012   Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 1:46 pm

Great news! My son did get the job this morning. The interview wasn't really much of an interview. The guy that recommended him talked so much about him, they already knew just about everything so when my son got there he had to fill out a new application as they couldn't find the old one. He did that, the supervisor made a phone call to the lab and send my son over for a drug screen. As soon as the results come back he starts work.
Which should be by Monday according to the supervisor.
I am so happy for him and proud as well. He had worked so hard and has had so many disappointments but never giving up is what makes it happen.

jellybean, I didn't know that you also were looking for a job. Good luck and like BlueEyes said, stay positive. You will make this happen. I will most certainly keep you in my prayers.

Don't forget, water, water and more water. Just to keep things moving along. It helps, sometimes it takes a while but it does help. Yesterday I did the old drinking of the apple juice. I eneded up drinking a half gallon before the night was up. Stayed away from soda, drank nothing but apple juice and water. This morning all is well Very Happy

Enjoy your day, chat tonight. I will try to be there. I have a meeting this evening early so I may be late.
Back to top Go down
ircavnar666

ircavnar666

Female
Number of posts : 22
Humor : with the help of my family and friends i know i can do this.
Registration date : 2012-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012   Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012 EmptyThu 28 Jun 2012, 3:40 pm

hello again to everyone. its been a while since ive wrote and i was wanting to check in with peoples. my name is randi and ive been on suboxone for almost 3 months. i abused pain pills and muscle relaxers on and off for 10 years. im 22 years old with 2 great kids. daughter 4 and son 17 months. i know im repeating myself but just in case. right now things are going good. im getting my daughter ready for pre school this fall. i know im gonna cry. anyways my son is talking alot more and definatley being a boy. i dont know what i would do without jamie and drake. and of course ian. he pulls me out of my bad moods. he puts up with alot from me. i feel like i dont deserve him sometimes. i feel really lonely here lately. i cant get out of house and ian works all the time. i cant wait for our anniversary this year. on halloween we will be married for 5 years. and in texas we have a texas rennasance festival. its really cool. im rambling away now. i dont really know alot of people on here except for like blue eyes nannamom and someone else cajun something. im so sorry.but i want to thank you guys just for talking and helping me through this journey of recovery. i hope to get to know many more people. until next time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012   Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012 EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 6:41 am

Hi Randi,
It's so good to hear from you and that things are still going well.
Congrats on your 3 months clean !!! I just past my 6 months and believe me it keeps getting better !!

There are some great members on this board, and like you said, Dee and Marie (Nannamom and Cajunmeme) are two of them that will offer support !

Stick around, get to know more people. It's so good to share what your going through with people that understand.
Hope you have a great day !
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012   Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012 EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 9:46 am

Hi randi,
We are happy to have you here with us. Any time that you need to talk to someone, we are always here to listen.
My son, my baby just finished school this year and I remember well the first day he started pre-school. I cried because he was growing up. They grow up so fast. I know that sounds cliche' but it is so true. One day their just starting out and the next thing we know they are young adults.
Treasure the time you have with your young ones.
I am sorry that your feeling so lonely right now I wish I could help.
Please don't think you don't deserve someone who cares so much about you because you do. You deserve to be happy.
Yes, you have an illness but it isn't something that you intentionally asked for. It happens and it happens to so many people but that doesn't mean we don't deserve the people who stand by us.
You are in recovery and I imagine you have worked very hard to obtain everything that you do have. Your an amazing person, mom and wife. Please don't forget that.

Take pride in who you are and all that you have accomplished. Be proud of yourself. Listen to what Blue Eyes said above, talk about the things that bother you. We are all here for you anytime.
A wise woman once told me, " A problem talked about, is a problem half solved" I've quoted her and that statement so many times here on the forum and those words are so true.
I hope it gets better for you. You have friends here. Let us in
Back to top Go down
ircavnar666

ircavnar666

Female
Number of posts : 22
Humor : with the help of my family and friends i know i can do this.
Registration date : 2012-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012   Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012 EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 1:19 pm

thank you guys so much. it means alot to me and you guys aare in different states. this is the first time ive ever been on anything like this or connected with people. outside of my family and close friends really. you two are right. i do deserve him because we have fought for what is our family now and its been hard. but we made it through together and he will help me through this as well. except this time its not just him. i now have new friends who understand what im going through.on different subject im a little confused about chat times. i live in texas so i believe im central so i dont what time that would mean for chat. i hope to start opening up more about things. thank you guys for helping me.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012   Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012 EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 6:15 pm

randi,
For the time of the chat. 7:30pm est would be 6:30pm your time.
We are pretty flexible on the time for chat and BlueEyes had mentioned that if anyone has any problems in attending chat at the time we set, we can always set a different time or day for those who can't make it on Monday or Thursday at 7:30
We want everyone to be able to take advantage of meeting and getting to know one another.
So if one day or evening is better for you or anyone else please let us know. Very Happy
Dee

Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012   Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012 EmptyFri 29 Jun 2012, 6:22 pm

Randi,

That's the beauty of this forum, we all might or might not have support at home, but either way we come here and it's like we are among family, family that GETS us ! We are all alike. We all have this addiction that we have to learn to live with and learn to control and learn to put behind us and move forward !!!

Like Dee said, I posted in the Chat thread that we are flexable. If Monday and Thursday isn't good for someone, by all means, pick a day. Most nights I'm available, or Dee or both of us to be here. It's great when the chat room has a few members in it and we can discuss our concerns or problems, and just be there for each other !!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012   Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking in Thursday 6/28/2012
Page 1 of 1