Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm home again

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

I'm home again Empty
PostSubject: I'm home again   I'm home again EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 8:55 pm

Yes, I'm home from doing the biopsy on my liver. My blood pressure was way low and pulse was at 40! It could have been because I got to sleep at 12:00 and got up at 4:00...without any coffee or medicine. They only gave me half as much sedation, which was fine. I was awake and aware of what was going on. I heard the doctor say to the tech,"this looks bad." My heart sank. I won't know untill I see my own doctor on the 9th what bad means. I'm really tired and been trying to relax on my Fishville, but nothing seems enjoyable right now. Of course I am really fine and ready for whatever happens. I just wanted my people to know I made it through and re-cuping at home. I have people I know who are worse off than I am. I wish there was not any illnesses anywhere. Somewhere over the rainbow.
Love you all,
Barbara Rue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

I'm home again Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home again   I'm home again EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 9:53 pm

HI Barbara,
Get yourself some rest. The fish will wait. I am glad to hear that you are home though not so happy the doctor felt he should make a comment while doing your procedure. That was very unprofessional. Maybe he though that you were more sedated than you actually were but that still does not excuse his behaviour. You can take that up with you doctor when you talk to him. How would the doctor that did the procedure like it if when you mailed in your payment you included a note that read:

Dear Doctor;
I am sorry but due to the fact that you felt it proper to discuss the condition of my liver in my presense without telling me what you were speaking of, I have decided that your payment will be not what you charge but what I think you deserve.
Sincerely,
xxxxxxxx
Now go and get your rest my friend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

I'm home again Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home again   I'm home again EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 10:09 pm

Thanks Nanna,

I've been on the couch most of the day. I had to cook dinner, but just slow boiled a pork roast. I'm going to bed now. Thanks for understanding. I will tell my doctor what happened...plus all the other stuff that went on. It was just like the devil was fighting me every step trying to get well. By God's grace, he will not win.

I love you so much,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

I'm home again Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home again   I'm home again EmptyWed 01 Sep 2010, 10:39 am

I'm home again God_on11

Dear Ms. Barbara,
I am very glad to hear that you are home & resting. I agree with Dee about your doctors comments throughout your procedure & that was completely out of line. Very unprofessional... Evil or Very Mad
I am so very glad that you are remaining so very strong throughout all of this & also share your wish of having no illnesses anywhere! Somewhere over the rainbow.... Wink
My love & prayers, as always!
God bless you my friend!
Love,
Beth I love you
BTW, God will help you to win!! I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

I'm home again Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home again   I'm home again EmptySun 10 Oct 2010, 10:29 pm

Hi All,

I still don't know what the results from my biopsy was. I had to cancel my appointment with the doctor because of going to work. I only get a fifteen minute break and a half hour for lunch. When I call, I get a recording and leave a message. IF they call me back, it's while I'm working and can't talk. I'm going to try tomorrow, but with it being Memorial Day, they may not be in the office. I will see anyway.

The weather has been perfect...still a little hot to work out in the yard. I cleared around my mailbox a few days ago and going to plant some evergreen gound cover plants. I hope I can keep them alive through the winter. I did a plant and tree show last week. I got a bunch of plants. I've given a bunch of them away. I wish we all lived closer. I could share them with you.

It is past my bed time. I'll get back with all of you when I get in tomorrow. I hope everything is going well for all of you. I am here if it isn't.

Yours in the Light,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

I'm home again Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home again   I'm home again EmptyMon 11 Oct 2010, 12:06 pm

I'm home again Long_r12

Hello Ms. Barbara!! cheers

Did you immediately recognize the above included picture of the gorgeous red headed woman riding her horse into her own utopia? I only ask because I have sent you this picture several times throughout many past posts because she reminds me so much of you... Every time that I see this picture, I think of you, Ms. Barbara Rue! I love you

I have just written you out a nearly completed post & somehow when I went to Preview it, the webpage expired on me??? I hate when that happens, but I am going to try to re-write it to you again right now so that I don't forget everything that I had written...

How are you holding up while awaiting these biopsy results? Quite anxiously, I would imagine. I know that if it were me, I would be a hot mess, full of anxiety & impatience. Yet, I hope that you are not like I am while waiting on something, as I have a pure lack of patience when it comes to me having to wait on pretty much anything. Especially in your situation when it comes to a very important issue regarding your health.. This is just a thought, but could you talk to your boss & explain that you are awaiting a phone call from your doctor that is quite very important & if you should receive that call while you are at work, would it be possible for them to allow you to take the call? I obviously do not know how approachable your boss is, but maybe if you feel comfortable enough with him or her with having worked there for so very long now, possibly you could explain your circumstances a little bit better to them so they have a better understanding of what you are currently going through & could make it a bit easier in the future on being able to take these type of calls throughout business hours, even if you are at work that day. You obviously do not have to tell them anything that you feel is too private, but just enough so that they understand what you are currently enduring. This kind of goes with my "thought of the day" today, about speaking up when needed.. I have to admit that I am really bad about being able to do so for myself, which is also why I posted about it today. I am constantly trying to work on self improvement & of course, it is quite easy for me to tell you what I think that you should do, yet not as great as being able to do it myself. Did that make sense with my wording? I hope that you got the gist of it though... You are right about your doctors office possibly not even being open today due to the long w-end, but many places do not close on Columbus Day, mainly just government jobs, as well as bankers & school systems. So in my own opiniion, I certainly think that it would be worth the effort to attempt to get a hold of them today, if possible. What a weight that would be to have lifted off of your shoulders, despite whatever the results may be, at least then you know what is going on & how to go about proceeding to get yourself well!! Like a Star @ heaven If you do happen to find out any results, please let me know how everything is turning out & what happens next. And please remember that you are always in my prayers, as is everyone on this forum because I know that we are all fighting our own battles on a daily basis! Whether it is regarding our recoveries or other illnesses that need taken care of or just a fresh perspective on how our attitudes are that day! We all have our bad days & when any one here is suffering through a day such as that, this is exactly the place to come to for positive affirmations. We are all here to help lift each other through the tough times, as you already know, but I want to emphasize to all of our members that do not reach out & post throughout their own bad day! Please keep us updated though! I love you

I wish that we all lived closer together as well. (How many times have we all wished for that?!?) Wink I would love to help you work on your yard with all of your new plants & trees- what an awesome perk to your job! I know that the animals show is your favorite BC of all of the cool "gifts" that are left over for the taking for your pets. I would LOVE to get a new plant to put into my window for throughout the winter as a reminder of spring being just round the corner, as well as if it had come from you, it would be a constant reminder of the extemely special friends that I have made throughout my recovery on this forum. Yet, I know that you are unable to send me a plant & buying myself one just is not in my budget right now, so I may possibly ask for a new plant for my b-day gift, as that is something that I am really wanting now that I am really thinking about it! LOL! My b-day is coming up, as is yours... I know what I would like to get now, but how about you? What would you really like to receive as a b-day gift this year? I know that material items are not what we are focused on, but it is fun to think about what we would like to receive, if we could.. If I do end up getting myself a plant, it will be dedicated to the precious friends that I have made throughout my recovery! A constant reminder of my "attitude of gratitude" that I have obtained throughout this journey!

Hope that you got some wonderful rest last night & that you are feeling tip top today!! I also hope that you are able to get a hold of your doctors office today & get those much awaited results! I love ya Barbara & you are certainly in my thoughts! I hope that you take the time to save a special plant that you have obtained & keep it as a reminder of your own journey as well! Plants also have a way of creating a positive atmosphere around you too! Just like opening the shades & listening to your favorite music while burning your favorite candle- they are all "pick me ups" to help make your day better!

Look forward to hearing from you soon my friend. sunny

Much Love & yours in this journey,
~Beth I love you
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

I'm home again Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home again   I'm home again EmptyMon 11 Oct 2010, 9:26 pm

Here's the message I got when I tried to use my yellow and use Comic Sans. In case it dissapears, it says: "Close all open bbCode tags." I guess it's stopping me from using them. Dee, could you look at this for me? It's no biggy, but I like to have the choice. How are you feeling, my old friend? You are a lot like me when my health is in dire straights, I try to deal with it in silence and pray for the best. No matter how far we get into our recovery, the damages will be there. I don't think I'm trying to stroke out. I remember when my bowels backed up before, I couldn't straigten up, I walked bent over untill I got some relief. I took a stool softener last night, ate a light lunch and just had a baked catfish for dinner. I took another softener a while ago. Only you guys can I talk about this stuff to. I've been eating Activas at night too.

Hi Bethy,

You're about the most adorable person to know. It's taken me a while with you, but now I'm so glad we have hung in there together. I just thought back on the other girlfriends I have had for years and we got to know each other the same way. I think God has control over us and wants us to learn each other and build the way of a solid friendship. My one friend lives on the next block, but Katie just moved to Dallas for her daughter to take care of her after a failed hip replacement and my friend, Beverly lives in Maryland now. She has been back for a visit and sent me a round trip ticket to come up there. I couldn't go because of my Mom being ill at the time. We still E mail often.

I do hope we are together for a long time. I needed to hear your words and the same with Dee. It helps me get out of myself and realize things are not too big for me to handle. I did try to call my doctors' office today and they were closed. With this company I am working for, we get an hour for lunch. Maybe I can get through and talk to the triage nurse. This boss has shared with me about him going through treatments for Hepatitis C. I think he would let me go into one of the meeting rooms to take care of it. Thanks for suggesting it to me.

I'm going to send this now before the same thing happens to me and my post will not go through.
I love you all dearly and treasure what we have.

With love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

I'm home again Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home again   I'm home again EmptyTue 12 Oct 2010, 1:12 am

I'm home again Orange10

Hi Barbara
That button that you are trying to use to change your fonts is not the button for changing fonts. It is the button that switches the editor mode. What you will need to do is write your post out, after you are finished:
Right click on the mouse button and click on where it says "select all"
Then go up to the button up top that is the letter A on the left side of the "others" button. Choose the font you want to use and that should change the font.
Now for the size:
Right click on the mouse, and select all, then click the button up top that has the double AA on it. Choose your font that you want to use. To change your color:
Right Click>select all> then choose your color.

You cannot pre choose the fonts, colors, or sizes. You have to do this after your write your post, BEFORE you publish you post.

I hope that I have been of some help to you. I know that when you write an email it is different and you can pre select the color, font, and size but the forum is not set up that way unless you use HTML code and that in itself takes some learning to do.
Let me know how it does when you try it this way ok.

Great idea on changing your diet. Remember to drink plenty of water. Remember back when I had my problems? I posted about it in one of the other areas. I still have a lot of medications the doctors prescribed for me to help with the constipation but the best thing that I have found that really does help is that I have increased my water intake.
At night I make sure to take a bottle of water to bed with me. I often read before turning out the light and by the time I'm finished reading, that water is just about gone. I've been doing a lot of research about constipation that have learned that in order to have a bowel movement you need to have that water. If you let yourself become dehydrated, then your stool stands a chance of becoming hard and dry. Once you drink that water it start to absorb the liquid. And once that is done, chances are you will have a bowel movement.
I know this isn't a great topic and if it upsets anyone then I apologize, but opiate induced constipation is a common occurrence in patients who take Suboxone or any other opiate for that matter.
Also my Suboxone Provider told me to be sure to take B vitamins. especially if you take a stool softener or laxative. Flushing out your bowels can cause your body to loose some important nutrients.

Something to remember when writing a post:
A lot times we all start to write and some times we get side tracked doing something else, if you are writing a post try to keep an eye on the clock as the forum will automatically log you out of that post after about an hour.
If you are replying to a post and have to walk away from your computer it might be a good idea to put it in your drafts folder and take it out to finish composing when you are finished.
It's late and morning comes early for me so I will close this up for tonight.
Yours in recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

I'm home again Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home again   I'm home again EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010, 8:48 pm

Hi Dee,

I'll try again, but it keeps telling me I am banned. I'll do like you said and send this as a test.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

I'm home again Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home again   I'm home again EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010, 9:38 pm

Barbara
I can't see where you are banned. The post that you just made did go through. Can you see it on your browser?
I can try to dig out my web cam and make a video to show you what to do. Would that help?
Don't worry about the area up top where it says " close tags" that has nothing to do with your post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm home again Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm home again   I'm home again Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm home again
Page 1 of 1