Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Everyone has a story to tell

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Everyone has a story to tell Empty
PostSubject: Everyone has a story to tell   Everyone has a story to tell EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 10:35 am

Everyone has a story to tell Today_10

Good morning!
In looking over the forum this morning, I noticed that our Suboxone Story area of the forum really doesn't contain any stories at all. Surely some of you have a story to tell. I would like to put some of your success stories on our Suboxone Assisted Treatment website. Who knows how many people your story can help.
If you tell your story, you don't have to use your name if it makes you uncomfortable. All that really matters is that it gets told.
For those of you who would like to send me your story, you may email it to me at:
dee.director@suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Enjoy your day!
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: t    Everyone has a story to tell EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 10:02 am

Everyone has a story to tell Update13

Hello everyone!
How are you all doing? My name is Beth & I have previously been a long time member, as well as a Moderator, here on the forum. I am an opiate addict & have been on Suboxone since May of 2008. Just a bit longer than 2 years of NO narcotic painkillers. Period. I received my 2 year coin in May. I never thought it to be possible to be able to learn to control this disease of addiction, just as I would if I had diabetes. I realize that I cannot cure it, but that I most certainly CAN control it. What a freedom that I never knew!
Anyways, I have to apologize to everyone that I just abruptly stopped posting & not responding to questions or to be here to welcome the new members that join & hopefully getting to know them (you) better. I have no excuses other than just going through a really rough time period with my "husband" & where my residency was going to be, as well as having 3 children that have to feel the pain of it. I felt like I couldn't come on here & just lay it all out because I didn't want to constantly be complaining when overall I feel very grateful & humbled by my experiences & by remaining in recovery throughout it all. (Yeah!) Everyone has a story to tell Star3
I started a job at a Recovery House for Women & literally worked there from May 10th until June 8th. WOW! As I was explaining to the Director when we had a meeting, there needed to be desperate changes that he was completely unaware of any issues that I had on my list. I really respect this man very much because he listened to what I had to say & there were some major changes made there after that. I also explained that I was simply unable to work the amount of hours that I was continually being scheduled & couldn't keep up with my home & a 2, 3 & 14 year old children. I was paying my oldest daughter to watch the kids until their Dad got home. $2.00 per child, per hour. Therefore, four dollars an hour. By the time that I did that & drove to work using gas to get there, neary ten dollars a day, my bi-MONTHLY paycheck for 9 shifts was $385.15. I made more to stay home & not have to pay my oldest daughter & to be the homemaker, but......... then comes that isolation that we all do so well at times throughout our recoveries. What a journey this road has been & yet, but "by the Grace of God, go I!"
I love this forum. I am going to try to begin to try to start posting on a regular basis again & get some feedback from those of you who understand exactly what it is like to be addicted to opiates & how you have gone about recovering. As I had read somewhere, Dee said that we had no stories posted. I really ask any of you to share what you have gone through & what HAS or HAS NOT worked for you thoughout your own recovery or if you are just beginning, you can get so much feedback by reading the stories of others. I look forward to getting to know the members here one again & thank you all for helping to pull me out of my isolation!
I look forward to meeting any of our new or older members yet once again!
God Bless!
Yours through the Struggles,
Beth Everyone has a story to tell Herz
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a story to tell   Everyone has a story to tell EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 2:28 am

Everyone has a story to tell Thank_10

Welcome back Beth
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a story to tell   Everyone has a story to tell EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 7:24 am

Thank you very much Sweet Dee!! Everyone has a story to tell Herz

It was time for a comeback!! Everyone has a story to tell Icon_cheers

Everyone has a story to tell Lone_s10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a story to tell   Everyone has a story to tell Empty

Back to top Go down

Everyone has a story to tell
Page 1 of 1