Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My story (New & need help/advice)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandyWK

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-09-10

My story (New & need help/advice) Empty
PostSubject: My story (New & need help/advice)   My story (New & need help/advice) EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 2:20 am

Hi. I don't even know where to start. I feel like I'm drowning & don't know what to do. I am a stay at home "soccer mom" of 3 wonderful boys. I have a husband whom I am so thankful for & love so very much. My family is extremely close...I have two sisters who are my best friends, & the best mom in the world. My dad was my hero, which is where some of this nightmare begins. My fairytale world & storybook family was shattered 3 years ago when my dad unexpectedly passed away. It was a shock to all of us. My parents had been together since they were teenagers. He was only 61 when he died. I hate to use his death as an excuse to get hooked on pain pills, as I knew for a while before then that I "enjoyed" them recreationally, but between me having major surgery before my dad's death & the shock of his death....well, I quickly became hooked. For a little over 3 years now, I have become a slave to pain meds. At first, it was great. They numbed me. But as you all know, over time, you have to take more & more as your tolerance builds. & now, I have to have them just to function! The withdrawls are horrid. I'm drained...physically, mentally, & financially. And the kicker...my family (none of them!) have any idea. I am in this alone. Well, I take that back...a friend of mine (who is in the same boat) knows. I only have her to talk to. I am causing such financial stress on my marriage as I spend every penny we have on pills. My poor husband....I feel so guilty. He just thinks I spend mindlessly. I know exactly where all of our money has gone, yet I can't tell him. To tell anyone in my family the truth would destroy them. I'm just so tired of it all. I've been "absent" from my life for over 3 years & it's killing me. I'm just so terrified of going without those damn pills. My friend is the one who told me about suboxone as she's looking into it as well. I found this forum, so here I am. After reading some of your posts the other day, for the 1st time in a long time, I actually felt hope. & started to get excited about getting my life back. I just don't even know where to begin this journey, though. What do I need to do? Obviously find a doctor in my area. Is it expensive? We have insurance, but am terrified of my husband finding out as he's the cardholder. Also, how often do you have to see the doctor? How often do you take the suboxone & for how long? Anything you can tell me will be helpful. I'm clueless! I'm just desperate. Sick of waking up every morning feeling like hell. & sick of being on edge, trying to scrounge up more money to get more pills. The panic when I'm running low or am out. Just sick of it all. Please help me! Thanks for listening.
Brandy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: My story (New & need help/advice)   My story (New & need help/advice) EmptyWed 12 Sep 2012, 9:24 pm

HI Brandy,
I responded to you in your other post but wanted to comment here as well.
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I know it isn't easy to come on here and reach out to people you have never met.
You need to know that there is hope and your not alone. We do care about you. We will do whatever we can to help and support you.

As I said, I already posted to you in another area so I'll let you go over there so I don't repeat myself.
Things can only get better from here.
Always,
Dee

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: My story (New & need help/advice)   My story (New & need help/advice) EmptyThu 13 Sep 2012, 7:22 pm

Hi Brandy,
I also responded on the other post - but didnt want to leave this one without saying something.

Please don't be afraid to take that first step. You will not regret it.

Suboxone will take away your craving for drugs. And also any withdrawal you might feel.
It will attach and saturate to the receptors in your brain so you wont ever feel a
craving again, Do you realize what that means?
You can concentrate on your life. Your kids. Your home. Your husband. All while in recovery.
It's an amazing tool .

We really do care and your not alone. We will help you any way we can.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: My story (New & need help/advice)   My story (New & need help/advice) EmptySat 29 Sep 2012, 2:14 pm

Hi Brandy,

Just wondering how you are doing? Have you found a doctor and started treatment?

Let us know when you have a chance.

Thanks,
Blue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My story (New & need help/advice)   My story (New & need help/advice) Empty

Back to top Go down

My story (New & need help/advice)
Page 1 of 1