Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suboxone with Heptatitis C/Finding a provider that will give subutex

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wilson4268

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-06-26

Suboxone with Heptatitis C/Finding a provider that will give subutex Empty
PostSubject: Suboxone with Heptatitis C/Finding a provider that will give subutex   Suboxone with Heptatitis C/Finding a provider that will give subutex EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 1:45 pm

Hello, I'm just starting suboxone treatment and it's been 12 days now since I got sober. I am Hepatitis C positive. I know the naltrexone (or naloxone, not sure which) in Suboxone is not great for your liver, just like the buprenorphine. I'm curious if there is a way to get switched to Subutex or find an online provider that will work in tandem with my Intensive Outpatient Program. I don't have any legal or family issues that forced me to get into treatment- it was 100% me.

There are very few providers in the Burlington, Vermont area, and I would be willing to drive to New York/New Hampshire to get my Subutex if I needed to.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Reply here.

thanks for your help in advance!

Last edited by nannamom on Sat 26 Jun 2010, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removal of email address)
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Suboxone with Heptatitis C/Finding a provider that will give subutex   Suboxone with Heptatitis C/Finding a provider that will give subutex EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 6:18 pm

Suboxone with Heptatitis C/Finding a provider that will give subutex Purple12

Hi there! This is Dee and I am one of the moderators of the forum. It is good to have you here with us.
I have to apologize, I had to remove your email address from your post. We are not allowed to post our email address's on the forum. We have people from all over the United States and other countries who read the forum. So this is really for the safety and privacy of members. But if anyone has anything they would like to share with you, they can send it to you in a PM.
Congratulations on your decision to enter into recovery!
Did you check with your provider to see if they might know of anyone that will prescribe the Subutex? Sometimes the providers are hesitant to prescribe Subutex due to the high rate of diversion in Vermont. I have a listing for about 23 providers, not all of them are in Burlington but I will include the address's and you can check them out to see who is closer to you. I will send it in a PM so check your inbox okay. Not all of the providers in the area list themselves and I don't know why. You would think that if they went through routine of having themselves certified they would want to let patients know who they are and where. I also have a book that I ordered from SAMSHA that lists different providers in different areas so if you can't locate one in the list that I sent let me know and I will be more than happy to see if I can come up with anymore.

How are you feeling now that you are on Suboxone? Have you had any cravings since starting? We have a couple of members who have just recently started Suboxone, and I am sure they would like to know how it has been going for you so far.
Maybe if you could tell them how your first days went and how you were able to deal with some of the issues that come with stopping the use pf opiates they will be able to gain some knowledge from that.
Thank you for posting, If you would like to share your story you can do that in the "Suboxone Stories" (Here) area of the forum. But not before you are ready. We will never push you into doing anything that you are not ready for.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
nannamom
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
wilson4268

Male
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Suboxone with Heptatitis C/Finding a provider that will give subutex   Suboxone with Heptatitis C/Finding a provider that will give subutex EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 8:12 pm

thanks for your help nannamom!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suboxone with Heptatitis C/Finding a provider that will give subutex   Suboxone with Heptatitis C/Finding a provider that will give subutex Empty

Back to top Go down

Suboxone with Heptatitis C/Finding a provider that will give subutex
Page 1 of 1