Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Off Subutex On Suboxone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
korbeshkie

Male
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Off Subutex On Suboxone Empty
PostSubject: Off Subutex On Suboxone   Off Subutex On Suboxone EmptyThu 15 Jan 2009, 10:41 pm

This is great, my wife and I are continuing to move forward. As some of you know we started treatment a week and a half ago. We were on subutex for 7 days..8 mg/x2 per day. The doctor said he could not believe how we both physically look now. The doctor was very happy with the treatment so far and told us personally that when he sees how this drug treatment has worked so well compared to others in his past 30 years as a substance abuse doctor it really makes him feel that he has made great progress in the treatment of this disease. It makes him feel so good that when he goes home at night, he feels that he has truly turned someones life around.
Also he said that we no longer need to worry about how many tablets of o.c's we have left before the next refill nor do we need to worry if we have enough for extended vacations along with all the stressers that the o.c.'s have been doing to our soul and body.
The doctor has been so impressed on how Sub's have changed so many of his patients lives that he feels each and everyday he has done good in his profession.
So now, my wife is on suboxone and he told us not to worry on how long we need to be on this.
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Off Subutex On Suboxone   Off Subutex On Suboxone EmptyThu 15 Jan 2009, 11:23 pm

Off Subutex On Suboxone Image011

Awesome!!
It really sound like you have one of the good doctors.
One that cares about his patients, and their well being and not his money source.
It makes it all worth what we have to go through to get to where we are today doesn't it.
Many kudos to you, your wife and your doctor. The future is what you make of it, continue to share what you have been given and you will see what a difference you can make.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bulldoglover

Male
Number of posts : 37
Humor : I try but fall short many tmes
Registration date : 2008-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Off Subutex On Suboxone   Off Subutex On Suboxone EmptyFri 16 Jan 2009, 1:13 am

Korb,
Man you sound so much better glad things are going well for you. Sounds like you have a good doctor as well as I do. I hope you and your wife contiue to do well. I still have nothing but good things to say about my short experience. Congrats and hope you have continued success with it.
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Off Subutex On Suboxone   Off Subutex On Suboxone EmptyFri 16 Jan 2009, 10:24 am

Morning Jay,

It sounds like you are still on an even keel. It's real good of you to answer and support Korb and his family. I sent you an IM, did you read it?

Have a great day with your recovery and take a look around at the little things we missed when we were "preoccupied." The sky, the birds, your wife's smile ect. ect.

Yours in life,
Ms. Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Off Subutex On Suboxone   Off Subutex On Suboxone EmptyFri 16 Jan 2009, 4:27 pm

Hi Ms. Barbara, sunny
Oh, how you make me smile!! Very Happy It was amazing to me when I started noticing these things again. Such as the sunrise & sunset, the stars & moon, flowers blooming in the spring, as well as the singing birds.. It seemed like I'd overlooked these beautiful, phenomenal happenings for so many years that it was like seeing everything again for the first time. Also, with having the young babies as they are just discovering more & more each day. It helps me to keep a fresh perspective!! And these days, I'm so thankful for the blessings that I do have that my whole attitude has changed as I am actually enjoying my life again!! I like getting up in the mornings & getting my cup of coffee, smoking a cigarette with my hubby & greeting the day!! Matt & I have been getting along very well lately. It seems that the more he's been around, (as his work has been slow lately due to the wicked cold weather!) the better we are getting along. As I was saying about re-discovering the sunset, etc, I am also re-discovering my husband. Instead of just passing each other by & spending the time that we were together arguing & fighting, (usually because of money issues due to my use!) but we've actually been getting to spend this time together & its going very well. As you know, my kiddos have been sick & its been so super helpful having him around some to be able to give me a hand. When they're sick, they both want held all the time, so no matter what, one of them is always crying. They are on the upswing though & doing better, but its been nice that they've had this bonding time with their Dad, as well as me, but they're used to me! It makes me happy to see them playing & laughing. Like I'm doing my job!! (and quite well!) Wink They are such precious kids!! Matt even took Nadine & the neighbor girl to the movies today! He's going to drop them off, then go pick up some more firewood, and go back to pick them up after the movie. I really appreciate how he handles these children. He's a very good father & it makes me respect & love him that much more when I see him interacting with any of the kids!! I am very blessed, as are they!! I love you He's even been more understanding about my desire to come onto here & is helping me make time to be able to do so. This morning, he took both babies upstairs for about a half an hour to give me a chance to read the new posts. Sometimes, I even share certain posts with him. This morning Arrakty had mentioned a couple of things, (dreams & libido affected by the Subs?) and we had just been talking about those vivid dreams because I'd had one last night & woke up feeling "off!" Also, we've obviously discussed the affects that the Subs have on my sex drive, but as I said to her, it actually seems like we never have any alone time as it is & although, we are not intimate as we've once been, but we are closer than ever in our relationship. If that makes sense how I worded it?? But I read him parts of that post & he's very understanding. He also knows you & Dee by name and big things like your surgery & Dee's new baby!! It just helps us both all around & he feels included, as we can actually talk now. I didn't know if this day was possible.. I didn't know if we could recover. There were even times a few months back that I was posting to you girls & wondering if we were going to even make it, or if it was headed for seperation. That's how it felt.. I'm so thankful that he stuck by me & that we've, so far, been able to raise our family together!! As I know that I've said this before, but I wouldn't know how to live my life without my children & him. I know that I could do it without him if I had to, but he wouldn't have let me take the children while we were like that because we were like that due to my using!! I can completely understand & respect why he wouldn't have let me take them though! If it were the other way around, it'd be the same story & that's what he said to me. He's right! The kids are the innocent ones & they don't deserve to have to endure the addiction along with that person, as my oldest daughter did! Crying or Very sad She hurt inside due to me for way too long!! Crying or Very sad She's doing so well now & I want to help her keep it that way. She's at such an influential period in her life & I want to be a good example, not an example of what she doesn't want to be!! She's already going through those feelings due to her father, (not Matt) because he is an alcoholic & only makes time with her when its convenient for him, every few months or so.. Rolling Eyes She needs me more than ever in my eyes!! Although, she'd never admit it because that's simply "not cool!" she does still need her Mama!! These years are going to be trying though, I can already see that. She is only 13, but thinks that she's 18 & knows everything!! Plus, I'm so stupid that you'd wonder how I ever made it to 33 alive!! (which is sometimes a question that I ask myself, so I have to wonder if she's wrong?) No matter what though, I've always been the one with her, raising her & she's been brought up well, despite me! Wink She is going to show me respect, as I am still her Mother, & she still needs to be raised understanding that! No matter what I've done or haven't done, she has always been cared for, clean & fed, tended to. She's an excellent girl though. She does love her Mama & she lets me know!! Wink
Well, I've certainly written a book today.. I love you
Hope all is well with you Ms. Barbara & to hear from you soon, my friend!
By the way, how is your computer working now that you got it updated? Is it working better?
Talk to you soon!
Love,
Bethy I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off Subutex On Suboxone   Off Subutex On Suboxone Empty

Back to top Go down

Off Subutex On Suboxone
Page 1 of 1