Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do so many people get Subutex?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female
Number of posts : 60
Humor : If I were wrong, Dont you think I would know it?-Sheldon Cooper
Registration date : 2013-02-21

How do so many people get Subutex? Empty
PostSubject: How do so many people get Subutex?   How do so many people get Subutex? EmptySat 04 May 2013, 12:06 am

The reason that I ask this is because I have been reading on other sites, medical forums and things like that people that aren't pregnant who can get Subutex. I have called ALL OVER Kentucky and cant find one doctor that is certified to write Suboxone that will prescribe it....Should I be calling PCP doctors or pain clinics? I would like to honestly get on Subutex to save some money, I was NEVER a IV user although if I had kept on my path I might have been. I have clean drug tests every month except the false positive which I guess you can consider clean as well. I just cant figure out how all these people get Subutex if its such a bad drug????
I know that it isn't, I also know that RB is nothing but a money making monopolizing corporation scaring the doctors into pushing their brand or they think that the DEA will shut them down. But how are people getting Subutex? I called my doctor and spoke with a nurse, she said that he wouldn't write it either. I am wondering if I might have to call a PMS or something. I just honestly don't know about pain clinics, my mother said that the one that she went to in Lexington didn't want to give her anything but a run around. They put one of those spinal boxes in (don't know the name of it) and it is actually giving her problems now. It never helped her at all. I don't want it for pain, I want it like my Suboxone for the addiction, but its a lot cheaper.
Im guessing that the pain clinics are also cheaper in fees as well. I really don't think that they would also be charging 300 a month for a doctors fee. I guess that I could call them and ask, but I would just love to know how people are getting it if they aren't pregnant or allergic to naloxone.
Anyone have any answers?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/april.southerland34
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

PostSubject: Re: How do so many people get Subutex?   How do so many people get Subutex? EmptySat 04 May 2013, 1:49 pm

April I don't know about other places but at my provider she will only write for Subutex if you have an allergy to the strips. Some people cannot tolerate the make up that goes into the strips. Also since the strips dissolve so much faster than the tablets did some people cannot tolerate that either. It seems to make them sick. As in nausea etc.

Some patients who cannot tolerate the make up of the strips have experienced, swelling under their tongue, blisters or canker sores. That is what my provider looks for and she does require proof as in a picture of what is going on. Our state is very strict about Subutex if you are not pregnant. When the medication first came out it was said that Subutex was much more abuse-able than suboxone due to the lack of naloxone. Which actually isn't true at all. All the naloxone does is to deter injecting of suboxone. Either way someone will ALWAYS find a way to abuse or sell their medication if the desire is strong enough.

In my honest opinion I think the decision to use either medication should be left up to the provider and patient together. Not a bunch of politicians who don't know squat about addiction or recovery. If a patient is stable and has been for some time, what is the harm. For goodness sake if they are that worried about diversion or over taking of medication then the provider can always do a random pill count.

Another way a person will often get prescribed Subutex is for pain. It can be prescribed off label for pain. That is actually how some providers beat the 100 patient limit, prescribe suboxone or Subutex off label for pain.

It's a beautiful day here and I hope it is there as well. Enjoy your weekend!
Dee

Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
pitbullmomma34

pitbullmomma34

Female
Number of posts : 60
Humor : If I were wrong, Dont you think I would know it?-Sheldon Cooper
Registration date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: How do so many people get Subutex?   How do so many people get Subutex? EmptySat 04 May 2013, 4:04 pm

Its a dull and drab old day here. We are waiting for it to start raining at any moment. Also, unless I lie on my insurance application there is no way that I will be able to get medical insurance unless I pay upwards of 550 a month for the high risk crap that is available in our area. I am NOT paying that much money a month for health insurance. I am trying to figure out a way to get my medicine paid for somewhat. I found out that the Suboxone has moved to Tier 2 in most health insurance providers and I figured if I could get some insurance, that it would take some financial burden off our shoulders. I hate to lie on something like that, it wouldn't be for more than a few months because Im not real sure how much longer that I will be on it.
Then again, Im gonna do some calling Monday morning and see what I can find out at pain clinics about them writing Subutex or find out who actually writes this stuff. I am sure that someone is writing it either for pain off label or whatever. I am just so trying to save money someway, somehow. I have done the calling around, I have looked low and high trying to find some way to save us so I don't feel like I am totally breaking us every month.
I know that I aint, but its just part of my personality to try and save money.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/april.southerland34
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do so many people get Subutex?   How do so many people get Subutex? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do so many people get Subutex?
Page 1 of 1