Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suboxone Provider

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Suboxone Provider Empty
PostSubject: Suboxone Provider   Suboxone Provider EmptyThu 17 Sep 2009, 10:38 am

Suboxone Provider Angel_10

Good Morning, my friends!
I have come onto here today to speak about my lack of a Suboxone Provider & the amount of stress that this causes me. As many of you already know, I have been looking for a Provider for quite a while now, without success. I have called well over 70 offices trying to find the "ONE" that will help me, yet have still had no luck throughout this process. I know that others are also going through this. I know personally of members who have emailed me & explained how hard of an ordeal it was for them to find their current provider. I most certainly will not give up, but I am putting the word out to the members here on this forum, which there are now over 200 members, and I am asking you each individually to let me know where you live & how long it took for you to find a "good" Provider. I am to the point to where I am willing to travel if it means that I will receive the care that I need. I am sure that many of the active members have heard/seen some of Dr. Junig's videos & I am truly considering making the attempt to see this special doctor, even though he is located in Wisconsin, while I live in Ohio. I guess that I am really unsure of what else to do in my current situation. We don't have nearly enough Providers for the amount of people who are desiring recovery. I wish that more doctors could understand this dilemma & would take those 8 hours to become a Provider. I am sure that you all already know my opinion regarding that if a doctor can write a narcotic that a person with the disease of addiction can get "hooked" on, then that very same doctor, rather than dropping you as a patient due to your drug dependancy, should be able to write you a script for the Suboxone to eliminate the "addict" part of the disease, the drug seeking addictive behaviors that are created when your released from this doctor with an opiate dependancy. That part of the equation could be eliminated if the doctor had the option to write you Suboxone to get you off of the narcotics, rather than turn you loose to the streets with this dependancy. I really do not know how to make this a reality because as others have mentioned, the medical profession states that addiction is a disease, but not all doctors believe that. MANY still feel that it's a "moral" or "ethical" choice. As I've been told, the medical profession is split down the middle regarding if addiction is a disease or not. I would like to hear their opinion after one of them gets into an auto accident (or whatever) where they may need narcotics for their very own pain control. And although they are educated about the chances of it being habit forming, which one of them may have the disease that once they take it for a period of time, which one will become dependant? Yet, they will not have to suffer nearly the same, as they have these type of drugs available to them whenever they may need them. I didn't know that I had an opiate addiction until I didn't have any pills left. It's never a problem until you do not have them any longer.
I am pleading with all of you who are also struggling through this very addiction to please, please, PRETTY PLEASE let me know if you have a good Provider, where you are located & if your doctor is willing to see any new patients. Possibly explain my story a bit & let them know that you know of a person in recovery (for about a year and a half now) that needs HELP like yesterday & what would they do if they were in my position? If they say to go to the Physician Locator on the HeretoHelp Suboxone site, I have gone up & down that list WITHOUT success. Please ask them if they would consider seeing me. And I am extremely interested in getting to Dr. Junig & asking to become a patient of his, yet I am 5th on his waiting list & he is able to treat 100 patients, so I have no idea of when he may become available. And truthfully, I need help NOW!
I am writing this post because I have become desperate & am a cash patient, which is what causes many of the "NO's" that I have received, as doctors want patients on insurance due to the expense. I will somehow figure out a way to cover the costs, but I need a doctor willing to see & treat me accordingly. Please, as a group of us in recovery, please help me come up with a solution to what feels like a never ending battle! I am tired & run down and feel like giving up, yet those of you that know me do know that I never will give up, but I need your help. I am feeling beaten down & growing hopeless or helpless, neither of which is a positive feeling what-so-ever. I am fighting hard to remain out of that dark, dismal hole of depression, but everyday when I wake up, I can feel its suction-like powers pulling me closer to the edge. So, I come onto here & vent it out to the very people that I know understand what this feels like in hopes of any ideas or suggestions for success. Please, as there are over 200 of us now, please someone step up & help me if you can. I promise you that if it were the other way around that I would be the first (or one of, as we have some very special people here!) but I would most certainly do anything within my power to attempt to help you through your situation towards your or your loved ones recovery! Especially when or if you are struggling. I really hope that this post will touch the right person & that you can get back to me ASAP!
Thank you all for your friendships & support, but today I need more from you all. I desperately need help & am sending out this SOS to whomever may have the capabilties of helping me make it through this. Thank you all so much! Suboxone Provider Star3
Your Friend Struggling through Recovery,
Beth Suboxone Provider Herz
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Suboxone Provider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suboxone Provider   Suboxone Provider EmptyThu 17 Sep 2009, 9:50 pm

Beth,
My hear aches for you my friend.
I know that you have called and called with no avail. But I am wondering something. yes, the wheels in my head are turning.
You called the Suboxone providers in regards to prescribing Suboxone. Have you tried the Methadone clinics in your area to see if they dispense Suboxone as well.
The reason why I ask this is because I know that many Methadone clinics are starting to incorporate Suboxone into their clinics. And some of the doctors in these clinics are prescribing Suboxone from their private practice.
Another question that I have asked before but I don't remember what you told me. Have you tried calling Project Cure? I know they do MMT but maybe they also do Suboxone or at least can refer you to someone.
I sent you their link in an email
Always,
Dee

Last edited by nannamom on Sat 19 Sep 2009, 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
bfye

bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

Suboxone Provider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suboxone Provider   Suboxone Provider EmptySat 19 Sep 2009, 2:03 pm

Hi Dee,
I see that those wheels are a turning girl!! Thank you. I have tried calling local Methadone clinics, but they do not do Suboxone. I have NOT tried to call Project Cure yet. I am unaware of these services. What exactly do they do? Is it to help me find a local provider or do they provide services themselves? Is that the same Project Cure that is advertised on the television station A&E? With Whoopi Goldberg & Benjamin Bratt from the tv series "The Cleaner?" Or is that something different? There is information regarding addiction on the A&E website as well. I checked that out the other night, but didn't get to get too far into it due to the time I was checking it. (I had the kids getting into the bathtub & haven't gone back yet..) I am also trying to see about Dr. Junig, what he may be willing to do to help?? Maybe just enough until the appointment where I actually see him? I dont know, but I have about two weeks to figure something out & you know how long the normal waiting lists are... Suboxone Provider Icon_pale I certainly have to say that it is rubbing on my nerves on a pretty constant basis. Just continuing to pray... Suboxone Provider Star3
Thank you for all you are doing to help me out. I don't know how I would be making it through all of this without your support, as well as Cathy & Deborah both making calls on my behalf. What great friends I have & how very grateful I am to all of you who have been supporting me every single day!! That is but only for the grace of God! Suboxone Provider Star3
Thank you my very dear friend!!
My love,
B Suboxone Provider Herz
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Suboxone Provider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suboxone Provider   Suboxone Provider EmptySat 19 Sep 2009, 10:23 pm

Beth
I first heard about Project Cure through a patient on the Methaodne forum. They are a substance abuse treatment facility. In and out patient. I do know that they do Methadone and am unsure about Suboxone. But maybe just maybe they can refer you to someone.
They take several type ofpayment options including sliding scale. It wouldn't hurt to try and give them a call and see what they say.

Project CURE

Primary Focus: Substance abuse treatment services
Services Provided: Substance abuse treatment, Detoxification, Methadone Maintenance, Methadone Detoxification, Halfway house
Type of Care: Residential short-term treatment (30 days or less), Residential long-term treatment (more than 30 days), Outpatient
Special Programs/Groups: Persons with HIV/AIDS, Pregnant/postpartum women, Women
Forms of Payment Accepted: Self payment, Medicaid, Private health insurance
Payment Assistance: Sliding fee scale (fee is based on income and other factors), Payment assistance
Special Language Services: Spanish
Back to top Go down
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Suboxone Provider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suboxone Provider   Suboxone Provider EmptySun 20 Sep 2009, 12:58 am

Beth, I been doing some research. I found this Suboxone clinic. They are in Illinois and they do take out of state people but they have some rules. The phone is 1-888-782-6966 Their email is Support@SoftLandingRecovery.com Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

Suboxone Provider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suboxone Provider   Suboxone Provider EmptySun 20 Sep 2009, 11:49 am

Thank you so much Cathy! You guys are incredible!! I will try to get a hold of them first thing tomorrow morning. I will post you here shortly or get a hold of you today at some point. We are having a bit of stress this morning because I set up a job for Matt to go do today (on a Sunday) and the guy not only backed out, but never even bothered to call to cancel. Suboxone Provider Icon_evil I am very angry, but Matt does not want me to call him to chew him a new one, so I am trying to appease Matt for a bit around here. I need to spend some time helping him out with a few things, but I will be back.
Again, Thank you so much!
Love,
B Suboxone Provider Herz
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

Suboxone Provider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suboxone Provider   Suboxone Provider EmptySun 20 Sep 2009, 12:22 pm

Beth,
Soft landing is in Illinois. They do accept out of state patients as Cathy said. What you would have to do is go through their 30 day program, which cover the induction period, and then the patient would leave the state for their home state with enough medication to last a month. After that month you have a choice to follow up with a provider in your state. OR you can return to Illinois for a follow up visit. If you do attend the follow up visit, then they are able to give you refills on your Suboxone.
I'm not sure how far Illinois is from you in Ohio. But I think Cathy is right.
Give them a call.

Always,
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

Suboxone Provider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suboxone Provider   Suboxone Provider EmptySun 20 Sep 2009, 10:58 pm

Thank you both for all that you are doing to help me through this, I've been getting to the point that I didn't know how many more calls I can make & have then turn me away, yet again. I also know that Deborah is doing all that she can with Dr. Junig, so I am trying hard not to panic about anything yet. I love you all & cannot even nearly express my gratitude for all that you always do, especially with trying to find me a Provider. You are my very best friends & I cannot imagine my life without you guys now!! Thank you for everything, my very dearest friends!
Love,
B Suboxone Provider Herz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suboxone Provider Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suboxone Provider   Suboxone Provider Empty

Back to top Go down

Suboxone Provider
Page 1 of 1