Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CHAT... anyone interested?

Go down 
+2
samigirl56
nannamom
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

CHAT...  anyone interested? Empty
PostSubject: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptyWed 30 Sep 2009, 11:01 pm

CHAT...  anyone interested? Icon_idea CHAT...  anyone interested? Icon_idea CHAT...  anyone interested? Icon_idea CHAT...  anyone interested? Icon_idea
Hello everyone,
Since we seem to have a lot of new members lately I was wondering if any of you would be interested in started a regular CHAT session? I feel that it would give all of us the opportunity to talk about what is bothering us and also allow us to get to know each other a bit more.

We could schedule it any way that you want. Just let me know what you think. We do have access to the chat so we may as well use it. What do you think?
Let me know,
Dee
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
samigirl56

samigirl56

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 12:13 am

Hi Dee, I think that is a great idea. I am open to any day and any time. Love, Cathy
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptyThu 01 Oct 2009, 4:18 pm

Great Cathy,
right now I am thinking about maybe twice a week. In the mornings and then again an evening date. That way people that have something to do or work during the day can come to the chat at night.
I like you, am available anytime. so lets see what the others think.
I'd like to start it as soon as possible. Say tomorrow for the first session.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptyFri 02 Oct 2009, 10:28 pm

Hi,

I hope everyone is doing okay. I'd love for us to get together and get to know the new members. Sassy, my horse is doing a bit better. I've been doctoring her twice a day. The vet said it's okay if she's laying down as long as she's not thrashing around. All prayers are welcomed.
Love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Number of posts : 695
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 1:39 pm

Morning ladies,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm all about the chatting sessions. Dee, you had said how about tomarrow. Being the weekend, maybe we could set this up right now to begin on Monday morning, what time?? I was thinking possibly around 9-10am or whatever time works for everyone else as well. Then, in the evenings, what time do you suggest? If we really want to make this a reality, let's get these details resolved & then we have our 2 daily "chat sessions" set up & ready to roll!! Please just let me know the decided upon time frames & I will be there, my friends!
I think that this is a great idea & I'm really in hopes that new members may see these chats going on & decide that they might want to join into the conversation taking place. We have more members than ever & I have yet to meet but a very few who were willing to share anything at all about themselves.
That also brings me to a question about the new members. Anyone can come onto here & read the posts, as well as the replies. As a guest, you can still ask questions & have them answered. I guess what my point is, we have so many new members, but to join a forum & go through the process of becoming an actual member, well I believe that to mean that you have desire to want to "stick around" & learn a few things. Nothing you can say could surprise us after all, we are addcts. We did things that we would never even considered had it not been for the "need" for that drug. This place is really like a family & we love you, no matter what you have done or where you have been. No judgment, no ill feelings, just welcome "home!" I really ask as a favor to ANYONE of our newer members, say anyone that has joined in the last 2 weeks or so, that at least ONE of you would post to me about your situation & how you got here, and how you are doing today! I want to to hear how you are now or how we could possibly help your sitution if you would ever need it. I promise all of you that this forum has kept me in recovery, not to even mention that I have met my very best friends here. People who understand my daily struggles while in recovery & are here to support, encourage & help each & every one of us on our path of recovery! Seriously, what is your story? What made you decide to become a member here?
Please, pretty please, could at least one of our new members respond to this request & let me hear from you? Blessings & welcome again to all of you new members as well. I just want to get to know you. I want you to find what I have found. I am so happy that you have made it here, as I am sure that it has been quite a journey. Sit back, relax & meet some people who really care that you have made it thus far. And I truly hope that at least one of you will do me that favor of sharing some of your story.. CHAT...  anyone interested? Herz
Your Friend in Recovery,
Beth CHAT...  anyone interested? Herz
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 7:21 pm

I would really like to get the Chats started on Monday as you suggested Beth. For Monday how about 9a.m. To start we could schedule the first one for about 30minutes to an hour.depending on how well the turn out is.
I would like to get some idea from Barbara on the evening chat sessions. I know that she works during most days. But would like to have her with us.
Barbara,
Are you available in the evening around 7p.m.? If so what day of the week?
Now to any of you other forum members, if you wold like to chat, we would love to have you. I know that in the beginning it may be hard for you to speak up but I'm sure that once you get started you will find that being able to come here and chat will help you greatly in your recovery. You will be able to ask questions about your recovery or Suboxone, or talk about some of the things that seem to pop up out of the blue.

For those of you that are interested in the Monday morning chat, grab your coffee and pull up a keyboard. A great topic starter would be what? Let me know.
Yours in Recovery,
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 8:53 pm

I'm happy to see we are getting together for chats. Monday mornings is an excellent day for it to vent off what went on during the weekend and expectations for the week. Unfortunately I'll be working on Monday, but this doesn't mean I'll work every Monday. I'd like to suggest resentments as a topic. I know for me when I first came into recovery, resentments popped up towards a lot of things. I knew I had to work through my madness if I was to grow in anyway. Anyone can bring up whatever they like. One person's problem isn't always the case for everyone. I know when we sober up, our spouses, parents and children lose their position in having to be resposible. We learn to take our place and control. Sometimes this causes conflict in the home even though our loved ones are happy to see us able to take on our share of the load.

I hope you all have a good get together and know I'll be with you in spirit.

Yours in the struggle,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptySat 03 Oct 2009, 10:36 pm

Great idea Barbara,
We can still do evenings too so that you can join in. Let me know what your schedule is like
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 1:06 am

Thanks Dee,

I won't know untill I look at the show schedule. Thanks for including me and working around my work.

You sister,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female
Humor : There is no room in your heart for anger when you are filled with gratitude.

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 11:54 am

Barbara,
I completely agree. We need your participation in these chats & I at least, wouldn't mind to have to schedule them a bit later in the evenings around your work schedule. Say if its set up for seven, but you know that tomorrow you may have to work until eight, let Dee (or myself) know ahead of time & maybe we could move it up to eight for that next evening. Are you seeing my point? I desperately want you to be there with your words of wisdom. And I think that the topic of resentments is the perfect one to start with, as we all deal with them & need to learn how to "let go" so to speak.
So, I will be looking for you during the evening chats. Please continue to let us know your schedule, so that we can continue to work around your employment. You are full of wisdom that I have first hand knowledge of receiving from you. You have so very much to offer! The bait that got me hooked was when you told me that "a problem talked about is a problem half solved!" That is when I starting posting & sharing my experiences. And I will never forget that, as this forum is what has helped me remain in recovery!! But that only came when I actually started posting & reaching out to those outside of "my comfort zone" whereas today, this is one of my biggest aspects of my support group. This is my comfort zone!
Barbara, when I joined, I didn't know how comfortable I would feel writing about my most private, embarrassing moments during my addiction. These were things that I just didn't speak to anyone about because they would look at me like, "you did what to get that Oxycontin?" Here, being that there is no judgment or that you may have been in a similar situation makes it that much easier to speak of things that you wouldn't normally speak of to "normal" people about. But isn't it nice that we can all relate to each other in making these kind of poor choices in the past & moving beyond them?? With the help of each other, together, we can move mountains of resentments, mountains of insecurities, of self esteem & self love. Not to mention the people that you learn to love right here. CHAT...  anyone interested? Herz
I am absolutely with Dee, check your schedule, and between the three of us, I know we can make the evening session times vary depending upon your work schedule. I know that we need you there. Period.
Hopes & prayers for Sassy! CHAT...  anyone interested? Star3
Much Love to you Barbara!
Your Friend,
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptySun 04 Oct 2009, 11:32 pm

Hi Bethy,

I don't know how late I'll work tomorrow untill I get to work and find out what kind of show it is and what has to be done. I may be home in four hours or fourteen. I'll call Dee after two tomorrow cause usually by then we know when we are going home. I'm flattered you want me with you guys. You mean the world to me too. It seems we have grown on each other as we got well. We definately have something special.

Going to bed so I can get up in the morning.

Yours to love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptyTue 06 Oct 2009, 1:05 pm

CHAT...  anyone interested? Haveawonderfulday-1

Thank you Beth, Cathy and Kimbo for attending the chat yesterday morning. I tried to get on here but couldn't. I kept getting the message that the website was under maintenance.
From what I understand there were a few technical difficulties.
we have another area for chat that we can use. It is on our Medical Assisted Treatment website. I will be posting that link so that you will be able to log onto that chat.
I have the schedule for the chat.
I hope that we can all attend. It is as follows:

Monday's & Friday's @ 9 a.m.
Monday because it is after the weekend and a good time to re-hash the weekend. Fridays because it is the beginning of the weekend.

Then for the evening chat I have:
Tuesdays' and Thursday's @ 7pm.
Unless someone needs it to be later. Just let me know and I can always change it. I know that some of you aren't available and I would like to make this as easy on everyone as possible.

Enjoy the day and I will post that link this afternoon.
Always,
Dee

CHAT...  anyone interested? Autumn-1
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptyTue 06 Oct 2009, 5:18 pm

Good Afternoon!
Okay everyone. Here I am once again. I have the link to the other chat area. The link is:
Chat here
If for some reason that link does not work for you. Please go to our Medical Assisted Treatment website. At
www.medicalassistedtreatment.org once there look on the left side of the page and look for the topic, Methadone talk. Click on that tab and scroll half way down the page about 2 paragraphs past where it says chat now, you will see a link that says "Guest Log In Link" Click on that link.
Once you click on that link a window will pop up. You will have to choose a "nickname " to use in order to log in. Try to log in early about 10-15 minutes before the scheduled chat. That way you know you will be able to log in just in case it takes a little while to load.

Some of you may remember this chat from the old forums as it is the very same one we used back then. It works well and we shouldn't have nay of the problems experienced yesterday.
Well, I have dinner on the stove so I will check back in later.
Talk to you soon.
Dee
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptyTue 06 Oct 2009, 7:14 pm

Hello,
If anyone is interested in joining that Chat please follow the link in the above post. It is working and we will wait for you.
Yours,
Dee
Back to top Go down
northerngirl62

northerngirl62

Female
Number of posts : 9
Humor : great sense of humor
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 1:05 am

Hi...I would certainly be happy to join in on the next chat session....I'm sorry I missed this one. Could someone post when the next chat will be? That way I can try to make it...please list both morning and eveing times. I think the chat concept will really help us to get to know each other and I am looking forward to it. Thank youl Michelle
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 10:17 am

CHAT...  anyone interested? Kiddos17

Hi Michelle,
I saw your beautiful picture of you holding onto your precious little grand daughter & wanted to include a picture of myself & my middle child, Caroline. Although, I must admit that this picture is a couple of years old, so she looks much differently now. She has a wild red afro! I also have a nearing 14 year old, Nadine, who is in the 8th grade this year. CHAT...  anyone interested? Icon_eek I also have my youngest little guy, Matty, who has just turned 2 and he is literally a little monkey!! I have never seen anyone climb like him at this age. In seconds, its amazing! The sugar jar is his favorite place to try to sneak off to get into before anyone can catch him. CHAT...  anyone interested? Icon_wink Anyways, I just saw your picture & wanted to comment on your precious grand daughter as well as share pics of my kiddos. Unfortunately, I do not have one stored on here of the three of them together, but if you go to the top of the page & click on "Gallery" you can check out Users Albums. I am BFye (Beth) and if you check out my album, it is full of pictures of my angels! CHAT...  anyone interested? Star3
Sorry, I know that you only requested the times for the chat sessions, but once I saw your picture with that baby, I couldn't resist showing off my own. Proud Mama!
I believe that the chat sessions are set up for Monday & Friday mornings at 9:00am on the chat (if you look above at Dee's post about where we are having them, you can press directly onto that link & it will take you directly there. I then saved it as a Favorite so that you can just go directly there from your Favorites Drop Box for the next time..) Then, on Tuesday & Thursday evenings at 7:00pm are when the others are scheduled, so that anyone who works first shift or has something going on throughout the day can still make it to the evening sessions.
So once again, Monday & Friday mornings at 9:00am. Tuesdays & Thursdays at 7:00pm.
Please let me now if you have a difficult time trying to get to the other chat box, but Dee made it very accessible by just going to her post in orange (just above yours) and pressing the aqua button that says "Chat here" & it links you directly there. (that Dee is quite incredible!) As I am sure that you have figured out by reading through this forum. When you get there, you'll have to put in a name to get to the actual chat. That is the page that I would save as a "Favorite" so that you can get right to it as easily as possible.
I enjoy the chats very much, as when we are on there, we can all get to know each other much better. Almost like talking on the phone, as you get instant answers from others there, as they do from you also. Are you available throughout the day times? If so, I sure hope to see you there in the morning at nine. CHAT...  anyone interested? Herz The bonus about the evening chats is that is when Barbara is also available to join us because she works first shift, therefore, we miss her during the AM chats. So, I hope that you'll also check out an evening one as well. The next one will be Tuesday at seven PM. I try to get to all of them, if possible.
I hope that I have answered your question about when & where. You may want to try getting there a little ahead of time or checking it out before the next chat to make sure that you can get onto it, but there shouldn't be any problems that I can fore see.
I am so happy that you are here Michelle! Isn't this forum just wonderful? You can vent out anything you like to others who understand you & your struggles throughout recovery. It helps me to not feel so alone with my disease. CHAT...  anyone interested? Icon_idea
Hope to see (hear) from you at the chat in the morning. CHAT...  anyone interested? Herz
Your Friend in Recovery,
Back to top Go down
northerngirl62

northerngirl62

Female
Number of posts : 9
Humor : great sense of humor
Registration date : 2009-10-08

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptySun 11 Oct 2009, 11:18 pm

Hi Beth, thank you for sharing your picture...and what a cutie that Caroline is! I love babys...my daughter is expecting her 3rd child in April of next year. As for the chat sessions. Today I have been tired...it comes and goes...I will get a burst of energy, in between I find myself drifting away...my eyes get so heavy...I haven't bee sleeping like I should so that might catch up with me. Tuesday is getting closer and I have to go for my second doctor appointment. Should I take my journal? Anything you think that I should take with me. I am praying that I can get help with the cost of Suboxone...I guess I should get ready for bed...I hope I feel more energy tomorow so I can come on the forums and catch up. Have a wonderflul night...and talk to you hopefully tomorrow at 9am. Michelle
Back to top Go down
kimbo

kimbo

Male
Number of posts : 44
Humor : Strange but there
Registration date : 2009-09-30

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptyMon 12 Oct 2009, 12:08 am

I would love too let me know when...I can be reached here or cell number 971-221-3079.. if u need to talk also call me there.

kimbo
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptyMon 12 Oct 2009, 5:24 pm

CHAT...  anyone interested? Hi_how10
Hello Everyone,
We have another great event going on tonight. On the second Monday of every month, we have a Radio Program. It is broadcast live via the Internet. I will make the announcement for the program under Moderator announcements as I do every month.
Last month our Beth and Cathy were our guests.
This month we also have two great guests. Our own moderator from our Methadone forum, RuthAnn and one of our members also from that forum, Cat will be participating. For further information as to how to listen live or the playback please read under moderator announcements.
Enjoy your evening
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptyThu 15 Oct 2009, 10:55 pm

Hi all of you wonderful people! I found out my schedule is from 8 in the mornings till 4:30. I'm home around 5:15. I would love to chat with some of you. I'm working tomorrow. I'm not sure about the weekend. Is anyone carving out a pumpkin for Halloween?

Got to get some sleep.

Love to you alll,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptyFri 16 Oct 2009, 8:31 am

Barbara
I won't be able to attend the Chat this morning. (9am) But for anyone that can... The link to the chat site is:
http://s105988085.onlinehome.us/tinc?key=meRXWanc&channel=212470

For those of you who cannot attend the chat this morning. I would love to hold one tonight around 9pm. How does that work for you?
Dee
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptyFri 16 Oct 2009, 9:20 pm

Hi guys,
Is anyone going to join me at the Chat? It is now, 9:16 I'll wait around for a little while yet to see if someone will be there
Dee
Back to top Go down
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptySun 25 Oct 2009, 12:09 am

Hi Dee, Beth,

Is there going to be a chat on Monday morning at 9:00? I'll be home cause my car will probably still being worked on. Be glad to get together with you all.

Hi Michelle, hi Lilly, we haven't talked much and this is my fault because of work. I want you to know I'm pleased to see another person find the way out of the most horrible thing I've ever been through. It's not easy on the first part of getting to the doctor and not knowing what to expect. I felt so ashamed during my transition, but quickly got over it once I felt some relief. I hope to chat with you when we do have one. I want to know some of the new people for you are the most important ones here. We want you to stay and share with us.

I'll be back in the morning. I'm going to call it a day and get some sleep.

Yours to love,
Barbara
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptySun 25 Oct 2009, 12:38 am

I'll be there Monday morning at 9. See you then.
Dee
Back to top Go down
bfye

bfye

Female

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? EmptySun 25 Oct 2009, 4:11 pm

Hi guys,
I wanted to apologize for not being more regular on the chats as well. Last week the only 2 days that I overslept were Monday & Friday. We were butchering a deer on Thursday night & I think that I was there on Tuesday, but no one else was. I love it when we actaully get one going. I'm just seeing that often times, it's only 1 or 2 people. Sometimes, I just write back & forth to myself! CHAT...  anyone interested? Icon_wink LOL! Being serious though, I will try my best to be on Monday mornings chat. I hope that as many members as possible will try to join us. Talk to you then!
Love you,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHAT... anyone interested?   CHAT...  anyone interested? Empty

Back to top Go down

CHAT... anyone interested?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next