Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern Empty
PostSubject: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 3:32 pm

Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern A_note10

Just a little reminder to everyone. Our chat is tonight at 7:o0 pm Eastern time. Earlier I believe I posted 7:30. If you run late don't worry we will be there. Last week we ran over time. It was a great chat. Lets make this one even better.

Also this week we will be having a 2nd chat on Thursday to give those of you who can't make it on Monday's a chance to join us. Everyone is welcome at both chats though.
So mark your calender:

CHAT
Time 7pm Eastern

When:
Monday's and Thursday's

Where:
Here on The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female
Number of posts : 535
Humor : When you know better, you do better....Oprah Winfrey
Registration date : 2012-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyMon 11 Jun 2012, 10:47 pm

Sorry I missed chat Crying or Very sad

Some of you were aware, but I had to take my daughter to the ER. She ended up breaking a bone in her foot.

Poor kid.

All I could think of was, Thank God I was not in active addiction and that I was there for her and actually made the decision to go to the hospital to get Xrays and I was the Mother that she needed today and that she deserves.

Every time something like this has happened since I've been on Suboxone, that thought crossed my mind.
I am just so grateful that I got the chance to get clean when I did before the bottom fell out of my world
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: CHAT 7/23/12   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 1:01 pm

I'm baaaaaack !!!!!

I'm excited to see some new members and I hope to see you ALL at our chat Monday night.
It's 7:30pm EST !
Chat is a great way to introduce yourself and get to know some of us. Hope to see some of our regulars there too,
Monica, Jellybean,Marie and of course Dee, I've missed you all !!!

See you all tomorrow night !!!! I'll bring some Ice tea (Or as I learned it's called Sweet Tea down south !! LOL !!!!!)

Last edited by Blue Eyes on Sun 22 Jul 2012, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 2:37 pm

It is good to have you back Blue Eyes. You will have to tell us all about your vacation. I haven't heard the term "sweet tea" since moving back to Vermont. I'll take mine with lemon please.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female
Number of posts : 189
Humor : Recovery is a journey to be taken not a destination to be reached.
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptySun 22 Jul 2012, 5:20 pm

I don't do tea sweet or otherwise, but I will be here with my mtn. dew. Glad you're back blue
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 4:37 pm

Sorry ladies, but I will probably miss chat tonight. I'm helping out with bible school with my kids this week. This is definitely a new experience for me so please pray for me. I always worry that I will somehow embarrass my kids, I guess it's leftover shame from my active addiction when I'm quiet sure I was an embarrassment to anyone who loved me. I'm glad that I've come far enough that someone would ask me to help, especially considering most of the folks involved knew me in my active addiction, but I still feel uncomfortable sometimes in my own skin. Like they say recovery is progress not perfection and I've definitely made progress, but it's stuff like this that reminds me of how much more I have to learn, b/c these are the times that I think most about using. I know that it wouldn't make it better, but I also know that when I'm high I don't care what others think. I guess I'm still getting used to people depending on me and I worry a lot about letting them down.

I will try to make it to Thursday's chat. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love to all of my dear friends here,
Monica
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 5:32 pm

Monica,

Thanks for letting us know. I know we would have been wondering where you were !

You will do GREAT Tonight ! I have faith in you !

I know how you feel though with worrying about it and thinking back to where this would have been an event where you would have used.
But this is TODAY and TODAY we are clean !

Go be the Mom your meant to be !!!!

Much love ~
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyMon 23 Jul 2012, 9:10 pm

thanks blue. It went well and suprisingly, I didn't really think about using. Maybe I was just anxious at the thought of it or something, but once I got there I had a ball. I made tye-dyed shirts with my youngest 2 and I will make one with my oldest tommorrow. I know that your good vibes helped.

much love
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 5:27 am

That's awesome !
Nothing beats a home made Tie-dye !!! I have a few !

I'm so glad it went well for you.

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 10:59 am

Monica,
You remind me of a rose that blooms just a little bit more each day and the more you bloom in your recovery, the more your beauty and personality come through.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 1:37 pm

Thank you so much. I am so glad that I've found this wonderful group of people here to support me in my recovery and I am so grateful for the opportunity all of you give me to share my recovery and to learn from your journeys. I'm telling everyone I know in the recovery community about this site, b/c it really is a wonderful tool to add to anyone's recovery program in my opinion. I love you all so much and I know that I have you all standing behind me in this journey and it truly adds to my strength and hope to see all of you making it too.

Much love my friends,
Monica
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyTue 24 Jul 2012, 7:57 pm

That's so sweet Monica !

I feel the same way about you all !
I know I can come here and talk about anything and get the advice and or the support I need !

We ROCK !
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 7:26 am

NEXT CHAT: Thursday, July 26
7:30 pm Eastern Time. (6:30 Central; 4:30 Pacific)

Chats are held Monday and Thursday
7:30 PM Eastern
6:30 PM Central
4:30 PM Pacific

I would love to see some new members there tomorrow night !

Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 2:12 pm

Have a wonderful day to all of you and remember, if you need a friend, a shoulder we are here for you always.

Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 3:56 pm

I may not be here for chat tonight, but know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers. I am really enjoying this new experience with my kids, but to be honest, I have some left over issues from my addiction involving organized religion, and the pastor kinda hit one of those issues last night. I dealt with it ok, but it did kinda put a damper on my otherwise wonderful mood. I know that it is my problem and my sensitivity, so please pray for me to continue to be able to bite my tongue, as it is his church and I do not wish to offend. I will give you all more details later.

Much love my friends,
Monica
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 5:43 pm

I pray that you can work through your issues with the pastor and church in general.

Church is one the things I want to get back into my life now that I'm clean.
Its a personal goal of mine to be more involved with my church. I hold alot of
value at this particular church.
I was married there, my kids were baptized there and had there first communion and confirmations there (I'm Catholic).
I know it's like the gym once I get there, I'll keep on going back.

Anyway, Monica, Chat is not tonight. I posted above about tomorrow (Thursday Night).

Hope you can make it !
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 7:33 pm

Sorry I had days messed up. Like I said in my gratitude post. Stressed to the max right now. I didn't go to bible school with the kids tonight b/c my mom wanted to go to see what they had done and I can't handle her right now, so I thought it was best to allow her to go supervised by dad and pray the roof doesn't fall in. My children no nothing of her addiction and in general she loves them and spoils them like a normal grandma on the rare occasions she sees them. They think she is sick and stays in bed a lot so that's why they don't see much of her, well they don't see her period unless my dad supervises, b/c I can't go around her without her trying to get me to use. Blue, I am working hard on the issue with the pastor, it is actually a personal issue with him, not with religion as he saw fit to call someone out who is in active addiction last night and hold me up on a pedestal as if this person should be me. Thing is, I've been in the other person's shoes, and a call out in public from the pew certainly didn't get me clean. This call out I experienced didn't come from this pastor and I really believe he meant no harm, I think that he genuinely is ignorant of the disease of addiction and sees this as a moral issue that I have somehow found the key to. I guess that I just kinda felt alienated b/c I have experienced both sides and there were people there who weren't aware of my past. By God's grace my children were not in the pews at the time, b/c they don't know what was wrong with me, cause I don't feel like they're old enough to understand, my oldest knows I was sick b/c I took too much medication but at this point that's all I'm comfortable telling him, and if this person had outed me to my babies I probably would have strangled him. I did take the opportunity to tell him in the nicest possible way that while I will help any struggling addict, I don't appreciate it being brought up in public in general and I am no different that any other successfully recovering addict, I have no magic cure, and the message does no good till someone is willing to hear it. Maybe in the future at least he will avoid humiliating me when he wants to call someone out, but I will do my best to further get him to see this is a disease not a moral failing, and hopefully that will do him as well as his congregation and us some good.

Thanks for letting me vent. Any experience with this matter would be greatly appreciated from any of our members.
Much love my friends,
Monica
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 8:09 pm

Monica,

Oh boy. I'm so sorry that happened.
I think your right, he's genuinely ignorant about the disease of addiction.
He's not going to call someone out publicly and BAM they go get help and have found
the road to recovery !
If only it were that easy !

My youngest understands what happened to me in about the same way as your oldest.
I took more medication than I was suppose to.
Not to far from the truth

All you can do is keep people informed like you are.
Unfortunately I'm still kinda new with this, so I have no experience to add.

Much love my friends
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 8:13 pm

Why would the pastor of the church call someone out in front of everyone about their addiction? How humiliating it must have been for the other person. When he did this did he also mention your addiction when this person was compared to you?
I don't know how I would have handled such a situation.
I pray they are able to find their way to recovery and give some forgiveness and prayer for the pastor as well.

Don't' worry about the mix up on the days, I do it all of the time. When I read Blue's post I was also thinking today was Thursday for a while myself.

Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 8:20 pm

Yes he did add my recovery from addiction to the call out. As if I'm somehow cured and have a magic trick to share. Like I said I have officially experienced this particular humiliation from both sides now. Just glad it ain't worse...like I said kids could have easily been there or overheard the discussion...they were just in the next room, and I'm not ready to have a full on honest discussion with 3 children under 9 who are simply learning to enjoy and trust their mom about addiction, that and I want to tell them in private on my own time not explain it in front of a bunch of other people. Especially with my oldest as his dad is in jail presently for drugs and he knows it and has a lot of anger regarding drugs in general

What damage fools can unintentionally cause. I too hope this girl will somehow find recovery, but unfortunately after last night I'm almost positive it won't be anytime soon. She left the church, I tried to catch her and tell her it was ok, but she was quick. Shame does indeed make us run quickly

Thanks guys even if you don't have suggestions, it helps me to share.
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 8:21 pm

for the record I am currently flipping said pastor a spiritual bird. Probably best I stayed home tonight
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 8:30 pm

affraid Sorry affraid

I am sorry my reminder was a day early !!!!!!!

I'm trying not to procrastinate like I use to !

I am laughing at flipping the bird to the pastor !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 8:37 pm

no problem with the early post. Maybe some more people will read it and come. I'm glad you see the humor in the spiritual bird...it's kinda making me feel better in a whiny 2year old throwing a tantrum kind of way.
Back to top Go down
Blue Eyes
Admin
Blue Eyes

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 9:01 pm

Hey we all have that whiny 2year old throwing tantrum in us ~ And it's sometimes necessary to let it out !!!!!!!!!!

And I was hoping the same thing, some new members will see it an attend.

So, come on Newbies ~ come chat with us !
We're funny, and cute, and sometimes we bring Ice Tea (ok, SWEET TEA!!!)
Back to top Go down
MonicaS

MonicaS

Female

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern EmptyWed 25 Jul 2012, 9:30 pm

or mtn dew, whatever your prefer as long as it's nonalcoholic, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern   Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a reminder... CHAT tonight 7:30pm Eastern
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next