Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Suboxone: The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Gain knowledge and share experiences with Suboxone, to obtain support through coming together with one bond in common-To help, support and educate others.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Happy Thanksgiving Day

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara Rue

Barbara Rue

Female
Number of posts : 851
Humor : You can't keep it unless you give it away
Registration date : 2008-11-08

Happy Thanksgiving Day Empty
PostSubject: Happy Thanksgiving Day   Happy Thanksgiving Day EmptyThu 27 Nov 2008, 4:08 pm

I hope all of you are smelling all those good cookings of hams, turkeys and roasts. Along with the pies and deserts. Some of you may be in the yard playing football or just sitting visiting with your family. It's a gift that we can be happy with our families and not be depressed about what's going on in the rest of the world. I'm glad we have a place to come being all ours and it's full of support and caring. It's like we are protected from all the bad things going on around us. There are some of us that can't be with some of our loved ones for one reason or another, but we are all together in our hearts and the love spreads throughout the separations. Maybe some of you could post what you are thankful for and why. Most of all I'm thankful for the medicine that saves me from using. I'm thankful for the forum's growth cause it shows we are finding direction by means of attraction of seeing another addict turning it around. Sometimes, I feel alone, but never when I come here and know there's people who care, even if you don't post, I know you are getting a good feeling from knowing it works. I hope this day is good for alll of you. Love, Barbara Rue
Back to top Go down
nannamom
Admin
nannamom

Female
Number of posts : 2210
Humor : Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. -Christopher Reeve
Registration date : 2008-11-09

Happy Thanksgiving Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Thanksgiving Day   Happy Thanksgiving Day EmptySat 29 Nov 2008, 3:25 pm

Barbara,
If someone would have told me years ago, that one day I'd be sitting here at a computer talking about recovery, I'd have thought they'd lost they're mind. Years ago I came to the conclusion that I was an addict. I used drugs, and I'd never change, I'd never stop. I used to hide behind that false image and security that drugs give us.
I am thankful for so many things. I am thankful for Suboxone and Methadone both. If it weren't for these two medications I know that I would have O.D'd a long time ago. When I would use, I wouldn't stop at feeling better, I'd go all of the way into oblivion, and beyond. It's a miracle that I survived the things that I've done to myself.
I am thankful that I have a family that loves me enough to know and accept that they couldn't change me, that I had to be the one to do it, but they never gave up their love for me.
Most of all, I am thankful that there is a God that believes in me enough to give me a second chance at life. It hasn't always been an easy road, but without the bumps along the way, what would I have learned?
Blessings
nannamom
Back to top Go down
http://www.suboxoneassistedtreatment.org

Happy Thanksgiving Day
Page 1 of 1